Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:39:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets get behind deno !!!!!!!!  (Read 2112 times)

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
Lets get behind deno !!!!!!!!
« on September 23, 2011, 12:46:02 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
Come on lets not give the new manager a hard time give him a chance. Look at what some people said about sod wen he first came SOD who , why have we got him bring penny back. well look what he did for us so come on maybe it is time for a change and lets give dean a chance its happend and there is nthing we can do abot it.

COME ON ROVERS 3 points sat for us and our new manager.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Lets get behind deno !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2011, 12:51:17 pm by mushRTID »
DEAN SAUNDERS BARMY ARMY!!!

Impressed with his interview, seems enthusiastic and hopefully will have some good contacts in the game to call on for a favour. Recognised we need to WIN games.

Been an ex striker, we may actually get to see a goal or 2 from his side as he mentioned the need to get more people in goalscoring positions.

Im more confident now about our season that this time yesterday.

VikingJames

« Reply #2 on September 23, 2011, 01:03:21 pm by VikingJames »
I was impressed with his interview too. I know it's only words, but he seemed to have identified straight away what our problems have been. He said he's watched the DVD's of the past two games, and has identified that we don't get enough people in goalscoring positions, and don't have any end product. I agree with him!!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2011, 01:39:03 pm by Standanista »
Hear, hear.

Dave Penney got us two promotions and it was time to move on.  Verdict: success.  He will always get a good reception back in Donny.

SOD got us another promotion and a trophy.  Verdict: another success.  Time will tell whether his departure will see an upswing in fortunes, but I trust JR on this one; he's got a better view of the whole picture than most on here and has been seldom wrong so far.  As with DP, I'm sure SOD will also get a warm reception when he brings his new club (Bournemouth anybody?) to the KMS.

Here beginneth the Dean Saunders Era.  Bring on Palace.  This will probably put a few extra on the gate as well.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2011, 02:12:56 pm by streatham dave »
Good luck Dean Saunders. Time to come together and get behind the new manager.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2011, 02:54:42 pm by Pintolager »
I agree with the above comments. Whatever the reasons for O'Driscoll's departure, it is time to move on and get behind DS. John Ryan won't have just phoned DS up on a whim, he will have done some groundwork on him, just as he did with SO'D. If DS ends up failing, then so be it, but surely he is worth a chance?

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2011, 03:31:36 pm by john_donc857 »
Its good to see that the board have listened to the so called negative fans  on this forum. So excited about this new era with DEANO in charge. Just hope its also an end to this percentage football that we've been forced to watch over the last few years. Most of all i hope he puts an end to that ball form the keeper that go's down the left hand side of the pitch in the hope of a throw in. DEAN SAUNDERS BARMY ARMY

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2011, 03:49:05 pm by RoversAlias »
With all due respect, you haven't been 'forced' to watch anything and some of the stuff we have played in the last 5 years is better than the majority of play by our club in its entire history.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2011, 03:51:54 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=184944
With all due respect, you haven't been 'forced' to watch anything and some of the stuff we have played in the last 5 years is better than the majority of play by our club in its entire history.

I think maybe you should correct that to the last 4 and a half years.

the dons

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2011, 03:58:19 pm by the dons »
Hope he is a better manager than he is a after dinner speaker.:blush: :thumbdown:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2011, 04:06:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This style is our new cup of tea :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFgrW7LrQE[/video]

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2011, 04:09:35 pm by benaldo »
That's what we want to see, dust thrown in players faces by our lot, scrotums nipped in tackles, electric handshake buzzers, confetti in buckets all around the touchline. I can see it now, Saunders stood wearing a red top hat and tails.

I think he'll do well, I back him 100% and JR 100% too. Good times ahead for Rovers I hope.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2011, 04:17:47 pm by danrover82 »
Do we honestly think the board make their decsions based on the fact of what is posted on here? Come off it. If they did the ticket prices would have been lowered weeks ago ;)

Been put in at the deep end and think the board should have used this week to get him familiar with the team, but onwards and upwards.

:scarf: DEANO :scarf:   DEANO :scarf:   DEANO :scarf:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2011, 04:28:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=184979
....Been put in at the deep end and think the board should have used this week to get him familiar with the team.....

Somewhere I read how Deono already knew many of the players.

I'm sure JR has had options in the pipeline for a good while, maybe even from as far back as the Burnley job offer. What was his recent quote about hotheads....? Whilst the final push came quick, this looks like a very slick move the more I think about it. And whilst its a risk and not what I'd have chosen, I can see Deano being the Casey Jones of the Donny Rovers locomotive.

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2011, 06:04:36 pm by RUPRECHT »
too f**king right, he's here so lets get behind him

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2011, 06:46:16 pm by BigH »
Good call. Irrespective of what you might think about Saunders - I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt by the way - I will be cheering tomorrow in support of one man; JR.

JR has fronted up today in explaining the head-over-heart decision in calling time on SOD/ROK. That's very brave and he deserves to see a decision, to which he was no doubt party, supported. He's probably feeling a bit sheepish given comments made earlier in the week but he knew deep down, as a fan, that there was a very good chance that this might not get better and that there was a need to act.

Now some of the players need to step up. Players get managers the sack and, frankly, this bunch have done for Sean. Gary Woods for one got given a chance that no other manager would have persisted with and now needs to learn quickly if he's to avoid becoming some L2 club's number one next year. Copps needs to remember that he's a Championship player and Barnes needs to remember he's in the last chance saloon. Oster needs to play like he was playing a couple of seasons ago. The time for excuses is over and some of these guys need to wake up to the fact that they will be playing for their careers; not taking £4k a week pay packets and blaming underachievement on the injury curse and the fact it's lil ol' Donny so who cares.

JR clearly likes and respects Sean as a person but with gates diminishing and an increasing air of negativity about the place I can't argue with his/the shareholders' decision.

Let's hope that his bravery is rewarded.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2011, 08:25:12 pm by graingrover »
Forget the lost cause of Arsenal of the North .. we will become Deano's Liverpool of Yorkshire !

Hope our fans learn to sing !

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2011, 09:10:08 pm by john_donc857 »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=184944
                                                                                     If i'm being honest i was on the verge of giving up a big part of my life which was following my beloved rovers. My little lad is 10 now and i can remember him being a fan as far back as that magic game vs villa. Don't get me wrong its great to be in the championship but not at the cost of a fun and exciting day out. Admit it sitting in the keepmoat for a long time now as been like sitting in the pictures, dull and boring if the film is shit. Just watching deano take training was enough for me. See you all tomorrow even the one's that have just been saying what they think john ryan wants to here for the last few days. goodnight

TinyPortal © 2005-2012