Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:32:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How did The Beast play? n/t  (Read 3204 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
How did The Beast play? n/t
« on September 24, 2011, 04:31:00 pm by Wokingviking »
n/t

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re: How did The Beast play? n/t
« Reply #1 on September 24, 2011, 04:40:12 pm by VikingJames »
Did alright. Put himself about, but our aerial delivery into the box for him was poor IMO.

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2011, 04:42:00 pm by Timbo042 »
Won nearly all high balls aimed at him, which was alot in the first half! Didnt look fit though, he was our out ball and it's got potential as a good tactic! Big, strong and aggressive! Hes What we need!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2011, 04:43:22 pm by Filo »
I thought we got drawn into lumping it up to him a bit too often

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2011, 04:56:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He worked hard, not helped by some others playing poorly round him, thought Copps was off his best today.  But he did a lot of good things and I think if he stays he'll have a big part to play.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2011, 05:13:17 pm by DonnyNoel »
A bit isolated despite Hayter starting too, would like to see him in a more classic big man/quick man combo with either Billy or Lalkovic. Wins a lotin the air which goes without saying but won a few important defensive headers too.

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 24, 2011, 05:18:12 pm by Wokingviking »
In the main, sounds promising.  Ta all for the reports.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 24, 2011, 05:21:28 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=185495
He worked hard, not helped by some others playing poorly round him, thought Copps was off his best today.  But he did a lot of good things and I think if he stays he'll have a big part to play.

Going on today, and what I have seen this season, Copps seriously needs to book his ideas up. Especially going on what DS has said about lazy players etc, I thought Copps looked like he couldnt be arsed today.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 24, 2011, 05:46:28 pm by Donnylass »
Re Copps, I think that bang to his head didn't help. I didn't think he would come on 2nd half the way he kept touching it and then looking at his hand, as if it was bleeding.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 24, 2011, 06:12:48 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=185505
A bit isolated despite Hayter starting too, would like to see him in a more classic big man/quick man combo with either Billy or Lalkovic. Wins a lotin the air which goes without saying but won a few important defensive headers too.

Said the same on another thread. Couldn't for the life of me think why we didn't have Lalkovic on with Parkin. Not saying Saunders got it wrong, mind.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 24, 2011, 06:58:13 pm by CusworthRovers »
One big factor was him bossing their defenders. Beast made em have it physically and they didn't like it. Then Billy makes them have it with a bit more footballing prowess and his busy bee approach.

All in all I think the opposition CH's were worked hard.

Now if we can keep him here til we at least play Brighton at home and then play Beast, Brown and Sharp all up front, and simply keep hoofing it up forward for the battle to commence. Revenge is best served with a side order of medium to rare Beast.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 24, 2011, 07:06:44 pm by MiKA »
Its nice to see some muscle in our line up, he played ok i though but the balls up to him were shit poor

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 24, 2011, 08:10:56 pm by sheffieldROVER »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=185571
One big factor was him bossing their defenders. Beast made em have it physically and they didn't like it. Then Billy makes them have it with a bit more footballing prowess and his busy bee approach.

All in all I think the opposition CH's were worked hard.

Now if we can keep him here til we at least play Brighton at home and then play Beast, Brown and Sharp all up front, and simply keep hoofing it up forward for the battle to commence. Revenge is best served with a side order of medium to rare Beast.

HA HA HA TICKLED ME THAT ONE THE LAST LINE!!!!! LOL:lol: :lol: :lol: CLASS MATE UNLEASH MR BEAST ON LEWIS GIMP!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 24, 2011, 08:22:17 pm by The Red Baron »
Can't say I was impressed. I thought their centre-backs managed him without too much difficulty and I thought his aerial work was poor. Sharp and Lalkovic gave us a different dimension and opened up a lot more space.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 24, 2011, 08:43:31 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=185571
Revenge is best served with a side order of medium to rare Beast.

:laugh: Fantastic. Let Operation Slamdunk commence.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 24, 2011, 09:08:17 pm by Standanista »
I thought he showed potential.  He's a big unit alright and put the opposition defence on their arses a couple of times.  Unfortunately the lofted balls into the box for him in the first half weren't good enough.  Started the second half okay but then had to make room for Billy.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 24, 2011, 09:22:44 pm by RTID75 »
I thought he did OK, although the service to him was poor pretty much throughout. I think we need to work on how he likes to be fed (on the pitch!), and I'm sure if that improves then he'll be very useful.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 24, 2011, 09:23:28 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=185543
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=185505

Said the same on another thread. Couldn't for the life of me think why we didn't have Lalkovic on with Parkin. Not saying Saunders got it wrong, mind.

I assume Mickey Walker predominantly picked the team today, but if I was DS and saw the 55 mins that Copps put in and the 35 mins of Lalkovic, I'd be wondering if Lalkovic should be starting on Tuesday.

ColinSutherlandLovesHisSausages

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 24, 2011, 09:28:16 pm by ColinSutherlandLovesHisSausages »
I totally agree, I have publicly berrated him to the disdain of other for many a month, but I feel this year at least he may have had his head turned by Ipswich.

I feel his decision making have been poor this season, with his work rate has been awful!

SOD's golden boy, who no matter how he played would start each week. Maybe being hauled off is what he needs! We need to roll our sleeves up and earn the right to play, not just turn up and expect respect!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 24, 2011, 09:49:58 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Thought he was great ...... In particular helped out in defence!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 24, 2011, 10:00:13 pm by RedJ »
If he's on the bench one game, when he's just about to come on, the crowd should collectively shout \"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!\"

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 25, 2011, 05:19:26 am by Nudga »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=185637
If he's on the bench one game, when he's just about to come on, the crowd should collectively shout \"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!\"

I like that, but we need to add a Man Citeh twist to it and turn our backs to the pitch and pull a moony. :coat:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 25, 2011, 10:20:46 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=185672
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=185637

I like that, but we need to add a Man Citeh twist to it and turn our backs to the pitch and pull a moony. :coat:

No that's for when we score ;-)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 25, 2011, 10:23:21 am by glosterred »
I thought that as Alan, a Rovers fan, said on 606 that he was as mobile as a telephone box (and roughly the same size :lol: ) - he suffered from poor service - put himself about abit and made things difficult for the defence. But ultimately suffered badly from poor service.

On the point of poor service, Deano said he wanted to get more balls in the box - no good getting more balls in the box if those balls coming into the box are crap. Need to improve the service that is for sure

TinyPortal © 2005-2012