Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:24:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So what have I missed.....  (Read 872 times)

Jenny

• VSC Member
So what have I missed.....
« on September 25, 2011, 07:06:06 pm by Jenny »
Was stunned this morning to receive a text saying that Rovers won yesterday and that Saunders got a standing ovation before the game, which led me to believe it was just a mistake, I mean, who is this Saunders guy.

It was quickly followed by another asking if I knew SoD had been sacked.... Not quite sure what to make of it all....

So can anyone summerise what exactly has happened over the last 5 weeks in the next 17 minutes before my connection times out? More importantly, am I coming home to decent passing football or did Saunders change the style yesterday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VikingJames

Re: So what have I missed.....
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2011, 07:17:18 pm by VikingJames »
JR seemingly backed SOD in the media on Tuesday. It seems that in the 48 hours following that, he had a series of meetings with the other directors (the KM2) who seem to have changed his mind regarding Sean's position. JR realised that Sean was struggling and that we were in need of a change.

On Friday morning, it was announced that SOD and ROK had been placed on gardening leave, and Dean Saunders appointed as the new manager. DS said some good things on being appointed - wants to play passing football but with more end product and potency in the final third. He's also trying to bring some new faces in and is going to investigate the injury problems. A meeting is being held between SOD, ROK and JR tomorrow, seemingly to take them off gardening leave and come to an agreement regarding their pay-off.

The football on Saturday was more positive than what we've seen under SOD, with more bodies committed forward in a 4-3-3 system. It was clear from the match and his post match interview that Saunders wants us to pass the ball, so that won't be lost. But the style is less cautious and conservative, and more of a \"roll the dice\" attack minded style.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012