Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 08:54:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Billy Sharp appreciation thread.  (Read 4096 times)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
The Billy Sharp appreciation thread.
« on November 02, 2011, 07:28:16 am by inSODwetrust »
Take a bow Billy, what a brave man!

You've done South Yorkshire proud, you've done Doncaster Rovers proud, you've done your friends and family proud, you've done yourself proud, but most of all you've done your amazing son proud! Not only do you have massive respect from us DRFC fans, but also from the footballing world!

You're a true legend, a true hero, an amazing athlete and an absolutely fantastic inspiration to many!

BILLY SHARP IS ROVERS NUMBER 10

:) :scarf: :thumbsup: :aok: :woot: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ryan B

• Forum Member
Re: The Billy Sharp appreciation thread.
« Reply #1 on November 02, 2011, 07:58:55 am by Ryan B »
I echo exactly that.
[attachment=872]Billy.JPG[/attachment]

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 02, 2011, 08:06:39 am by Jenny »
Proper hero.

Outliving your child is the worst thing ever, whether you have to deal with it 11 weeks into pregnancy, 2 days after or 15 years down the line......

What Billy did last night (or still tonight in my time zone) took so much strength and courage - most people wouldn't even be able to drag themselves out of bed and function never mind step foot onto a football pitch.

Whatever happens now he should be given time to grieve in whichever way he see's fit and if that means staying away from a football pitch to give him time to reflect and recover them I hope everyone fully supports him in the decision.

RIP Luey, God bless Billy & Jade

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 02, 2011, 08:44:35 am by Albert Trousers »
An inspiration to be people the world over. Simple as.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 02, 2011, 09:01:32 am by Padge_DRFC »
Legend, DRFC hero, up there with Wellens for the best player i've seen play for Rovers in 18 years of going.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 02, 2011, 09:03:35 am by Barmby Rover »
Billy has strength of character in bucket loads. Let's hope he and his wife can get through this time and come out of it with more luck on their side in future.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 02, 2011, 09:56:25 am by DonnyRTID »
Billy was loved by all Rovers fans before last night, now he's loved worldwide. Massive respect to a true legend.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 02, 2011, 10:23:40 am by Filo »
Love and respect to Billy, a credit to himself, his family and most importantly his son, everyone connected with him should be bursting with pride!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 02, 2011, 10:30:59 am by jonnydog »
Is anyone 'big-up' with youtube etc... Just thought we could add it to Videos of Rovers Goals thread (or pin it as a new thread) in memory, we could add his wonder goal, pictures, fans comments etc..

Fitting tribute and the LEAST the man deserves from us

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 02, 2011, 10:35:49 am by Wade Falana »
An absolute Rovers legend. Look at Tevez refusing to play for City, Billy's a true hero and proper footballer.

He's now trending on twitter, getting some really nice comments from fans accross the country. So proud he plays for DRFC.

WorcestershireDan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 02, 2011, 10:51:27 am by WorcestershireDan »
Words cannot do Justice to You Billy and your Wife  I feel so sad but so proud for both of you.
your beloved son will have looked down and said   \" thats MY Dad \"

I love DRFC but this puts everything in perspective.

Sincere condolences    Danny Worcestershire

Hotdogs4$ale

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 02, 2011, 11:12:57 am by Hotdogs4$ale »
Absolutely staggering fortitude! Don't know if he has any other kids or will have in the future, but talk about perfect 'Dad' material.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 02, 2011, 11:38:01 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=196296
Is anyone 'big-up' with youtube etc... Just thought we could add it to Videos of Rovers Goals thread (or pin it as a new thread) in memory, we could add his wonder goal, pictures, fans comments etc..

Fitting tribute and the LEAST the man deserves from us

Just found this......

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/doncaster-middlesbrough-15636899/

couls1-nffc

« Reply #13 on November 02, 2011, 11:38:15 am by couls1-nffc »
Forest fan here,

just wishing to express my respect for billy sharp. always been a decent footballer in my opinion, would have him at NFFC no questions! saw him on soccer am a few weeks back and he came across as a top bloke to!

my condolences go to him and his family on what must be a very difficult time!

to put on his shirt and do what he did last night puts so called professional football players, such as tevez, to shame!

also would like to say well done to the ref at your match last night for respecting his tribute and having some common sense in keeping the yellow card in his pocket!

BILLY SHARP - TOP MAN!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 02, 2011, 11:38:32 am by hoolahoop »
Fantastic fortitude from a great footballer and man, we are proud to call our own. Reading around other fora it seems that OUR Billy has so much respect and rightly so.
Just wait until they see Luey's goal too , a fitting memorial indeed to one's baby son.
Take care Billy and Jade.........time heals.

awsworth_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 02, 2011, 12:00:54 pm by awsworth_rover »
When i heard the news on the radio last night, I had a lump in my throat. I got home from work, walked through the door and put sky sports news on. Billy had just scored a screamer.... Couldnt script it. What emotions he has been through and he must have been thrilled. To manage anything in times of mourning if difficult. To compete in any sport is difficult. To do what Billy did last night shows immense charactor and bravery words cant describe. I have to admit, ive become disalutioned with the happenings at DRFC recently. This for me dwarfs all this and makes me even prouder. Well done King Billy. You must be emotionally wrecked after everything.... Even if you played til 35 and never scored again, you will always have my respect. LEGEND!

PS Tevez, hope your head is right to play soon..... Have a look and sort yourself out, disgrace!

Ash @ Awsworth (Notts)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 02, 2011, 12:06:17 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Deepest condolences and the utmost respect from me too, echoing all the comments above

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 02, 2011, 12:30:48 pm by rtid88 »
Billy is a true Legend! To do what he did last night was just unbelievable! He deserves the respect from everyone across the nation for the guts and determination he showed last night! I cannot imagine how hard it must be what he is going through!! God bless you and your family!!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 02, 2011, 01:07:37 pm by Nudga »
I hope the club does everything in it's power to help Billy and Jade. They will be emotionally wrecked for months, my wife miscarried last year and even though we didn't get to meet our little one it still hurt like hell so I do have some understanding of their pain. Time is a healer, and we/the club should give those two all the time they need.

RIP little Sharpy, and condolences from The Needhams to Billy and Jade and their families.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 02, 2011, 01:13:52 pm by scuzzer »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=196351
I hope the club does everything in it's power to help Billy and Jade. They will be emotionally wrecked for months, my wife miscarried last year and even though we didn't get to meet our little one it still hurt like hell so I do have some understanding of their pain. Time is a healer, and we/the club should give those two all the time they need.

RIP little Sharpy, and condolences from The Needhams to Billy and Jade and their families.

Been in same boat too Nudga pal v recently and while what we went through is nothing in comparison to what Billy and Jade are going through now it gives you an indication of how awful the present time must be for them.

RIP little Luey, arise Sir Billy, he's a god forever in these parts whatever the future may hold!

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 02, 2011, 01:17:53 pm by viking87 »
My deepest condolences to you Billy, your wife and your family.

Your son would be proud of you for your acheivements and the brave man you are.

You have made me more than ever, proud to be a rover.

Rest in peace louie sharp

James mack.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 02, 2011, 01:25:20 pm by RTID75 »
We were all with you last night Billy. I too struggled to hold back the tears during the applause. We remain in awe of you as a Rovers player and a man. All my best wishes and thoughts are with you and your wife at this terrible time.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 02, 2011, 01:29:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
True warrior spirit Billy :clapping: Its that more than the goal that was the gift from Luey and you to thousands of people, many more than were at the Keepmoat. The goal is sublime, what can I say. Thanks and best wishes to you and your family.

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 02, 2011, 02:48:29 pm by alisonoconnor »
I thought the spelling was Louie Jacob

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 02, 2011, 02:50:20 pm by alisonoconnor »
it was Louie yesterday now they have changed the spelling on the official website.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 02, 2011, 03:09:02 pm by CJK »
What a man, player and human being. It was obvious to see him struggle through the applause and it was plain to see what the goal meant to him. He could not have hit it any sweeter, its a shame it didn't spurn us on to a victory. Thoughts are with you Billy and family.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 02, 2011, 03:47:16 pm by graingrover »
The fortitude shown by Billy Sharp is an inspiration .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 02, 2011, 04:30:44 pm by Filo »
The compassionate side of Dioufy

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 02, 2011, 06:36:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Billy is an inspiration, and a true hero. I'm not sure we've ever been lucky enough to have anyone like him at our club.

He showed tremendous fortitude and courage to go out there and play last night, and on top of that he played his heart out like he does every week, and scored truly one of the best goals I've ever seen a Rovers player score. The whole move was fantastic and reminded me a bit of Torres' ridiculous angle strike against Blackburn the other year.

My heart goes out to Billy, Jade and the whole Sharp family, I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through. It's awful, but last night Billy did his little boy proud.

Must give props to the Middlesbrough fans too, tremendous show of respect from them and really, from the entire footballing world this past 24 hours.

ohwestlondon

« Reply #29 on November 02, 2011, 06:59:47 pm by ohwestlondon »
Hello there all, im a queens park rangers fan, and would like to send my condolenses to billy his family and all at donnie rovers for this tragic loss, last night people across the country where touched by billys courage to play.

billy is an inspiration to others, and with the support of his family and the good people of south yorkshire behind him im sure he will be able to cope a lot better with his loss, there is no justice in the world.

R.I.P LOUIE

FROM ALL ON THE QPR REPORT MESSAGE BOARD.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012