Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:59:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: sam hird  (Read 5285 times)

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
sam hird
« on November 03, 2011, 11:49:09 am by cmonyoureds »
first pot is a complaint what has sam hird got to do to get in the team defence is looking so poor!! o driscoll was same as saunders with him no matter what hapens he gets dropped no matter what naylor friend and martis makes mistakes and doesnt even get blinked at. i thn sam hird is as steady as anyone in this league why not give him a decent effort instead of game here and there.feel like there is a bit of bad treatment towards him and hope it gets sorted :rtid:  up the reds 3 point saturday :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: sam hird
« Reply #1 on November 03, 2011, 11:51:03 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"cmonyoureds\" post=196600
first pot is a complaint what has sam hird got to do to get in the team defence is looking so poor!! o driscoll was same as saunders with him no matter what hapens he gets dropped no matter what naylor friend and martis makes mistakes and doesnt even get blinked at. i thn sam hird is as steady as anyone in this league why not give him a decent effort instead of game here and there.feel like there is a bit of bad treatment towards him and hope it gets sorted :rtid:  up the reds 3 point saturday :scarf:

What`s in the second pot? ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 03, 2011, 11:51:51 am by jonnydog »

[attachment=877]istock_can-of-worms.jpg[/attachment]

There you go Benaldo, I've opened the can for you. I'll let you take the floor now ;)

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 03, 2011, 11:53:56 am by cmonyoureds »
post ha ha

keith1979

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 03, 2011, 11:54:08 am by keith1979 »

are you sam hird?

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 03, 2011, 11:56:22 am by cmonyoureds »
no ha ha but i just a fan who feels like hirdy should be in the defence

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 03, 2011, 12:07:49 pm by DonnyRTID »
He's injured isn't he?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 03, 2011, 12:08:53 pm by jonnydog »
Scored in the 3-1 win against Scunny XI yesterday

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 03, 2011, 12:58:07 pm by benaldo »
A ha!

A thread I always look forward to. - The \"Sam Hird is the next Bobby Moore\" Thread.

As I am a great believer in free ideas, uncontrived debate, discourse, talk, argument, thought, I'll trouble you with an alternative view to yours cmonyoureds.

Sam Hird, in my most humble of opinions, is one of - if not THE - worst defenders I've seen playing football for Rovers in the past ten years. My reasons are as follows-

He can't pass
He can't tackle
He can't mark
He can't head the ball
He's slow
In one game he was single handedly responsible for THREE opposition goals
Every time he plays he is involved in some kind of 1920's laurel and hardy routine with Friend/Martis
Given bigger shoes, a plastic squirty flower, a bucket of confetti, and a ginger wig I think there is a bright future ahead of him

I hope this clears up any confusion on my part. Of course, what makes football great is that they are just MY opinions. They may not be true, they may well be different to others, but they are mine anyway.

God bless you Sam Hird for the laughs you've given me.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2011, 01:07:17 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196625
A ha!

A thread I always look forward to. - The \"Sam Hird is the next Bobby Moore\" Thread.

As I am a great believer in free ideas, uncontrived debate, discourse, talk, argument, thought, I'll trouble you with an alternative view to yours cmonyoureds.

Sam Hird, in my most humble of opinions, is one of - if not THE - worst defenders I've seen playing football for Rovers in the past ten years. My reasons are as follows-

He can't pass
He can't tackle
He can't mark
He can't head the ball
He's slow
In one game he was single handedly responsible for THREE opposition goals
Every time he plays he is involved in some kind of 1920's laurel and hardy routine with Friend/Martis
Given bigger shoes, a plastic squirty flower, a bucket of confetti, and a ginger wig I think there is a bright future ahead of him

I hope this clears up any confusion on my part. Of course, what makes football great is that they are just MY opinions. They may not be true, they may well be different to others, but they are mine anyway.

God bless you Sam Hird for the laughs you've given me.

Take it you didn't go to Blackpool then?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2011, 01:07:36 pm by scuzzer »
Wolves away in the cup Benaldo?? They were a PL side if that's the shocker of a game you refer to.

Can he be any worse would be my view on it, the rest currently look garbage so he must be due a try out?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 03, 2011, 01:45:53 pm by benaldo »
Funnily enough scuzzer, I wasn't referring to the wolves away game. That one must have been another disaster area that our Sam was responsible for? Mind you, there are so many of them that I lose count and they all blur into one.

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 03, 2011, 02:14:10 pm by stokerover »
Just to warn you benaldo, you've gone on record as saying Chimbonda, Ilunga and Diouf are all 'world class'

Will you be man enough to admit if you turn out to be wrong about them, as you're you seem to go missing on the forum when Hird plays well?

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 03, 2011, 02:17:09 pm by stokerover »
Also what were your feelings about Hird when he was helping your beloved club get to the Championship and playing an enormous part in keeping the club in the Championship in its first season?

I doubt you and your cronies were all sat in the Premier Lounge slagging him off then!

Short memories.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 03, 2011, 02:21:09 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"stokerover\" post=196643
Just to warn you benaldo, you've gone on record as saying Chimbonda, Ilunga and Diouf are all 'world class'

Will you be man enough to admit if you turn out to be wrong about them, as you're you seem to go missing on the forum when Hird plays well?

I don't think I said they were \"world class\" but I certainly said they were excellent and that Diouf is probably the best striker currently playing in the championship.

And I think if I'm accused of \"going missing\" when Hird plays well, I might have been having a cup of tea for those 2 minutes....over the past 2 years. There are very few players who I really think are poor, but I'm afraid Hird is one of them. Doesn't mean I'm right, what do I know, but for me personally a potato placed at the edge of the penalty area would probably do a better job than Sam Hird.

Of course, when Chimbonda or Illunga or Diouf set up three goals for the other team in a single game I'll gladly come on here and say I was wrong about them. But for now, I think they are very good players. Their records speak for themselves, their performances so far for Rovers have been good and I can't see them dropping \"a Hird\" any time soon. Thank god.

EDIT - For your information, I've never ever rated Hird, ever. And,yes, for me and my \"cronies\" he has been a constant source of displeasure since he's been playing for Rovers. And the higher Rovers get, the worse he is. I don't for a second believe, and I'm sure you can't either, that he was responsible for Rovers getting promoted!!!?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 03, 2011, 02:26:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Sam Hird, in my most humble of opinions, is one of - if not THE - worst defenders I've seen playing football for Rovers in the past ten years.

Bloody hell, worse than Nick Fenton?

Even the mere mentioning of his name makes me come out in a cold sweat....

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 03, 2011, 02:28:18 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=196648
Sam Hird, in my most humble of opinions, is one of - if not THE - worst defenders I've seen playing football for Rovers in the past ten years.

I stand corrected. The Fentonator was obviously worse. I must have erased that part of my memory during therapy! But I won't have a word said against \"The Diamond\" Dave Morely!

VikingJames

« Reply #17 on November 03, 2011, 02:30:13 pm by VikingJames »
Sam Oji? He was pretty tragic. And Harry Worley wasn't much better.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 03, 2011, 02:31:39 pm by RobTheRover »
I liked Morley.  Knew his limitations and made sure he never strayed too far outside of them.

Actually, I'd consider playing Foster and Albrighton on Saturday.....

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 03, 2011, 02:33:32 pm by streatham dave »
Nic Priet.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 03, 2011, 02:34:25 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"streatham dave\" post=196655
Nic Priet.

How dare you!

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 03, 2011, 03:15:08 pm by stokerover »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196646
Quote from: \"stokerover\" post=196643

I don't think I said they were \"world class\" but I certainly said they were excellent and that Diouf is probably the best striker currently playing in the championship.

And I think if I'm accused of \"going missing\" when Hird plays well, I might have been having a cup of tea for those 2 minutes....over the past 2 years. There are very few players who I really think are poor, but I'm afraid Hird is one of them. Doesn't mean I'm right, what do I know, but for me personally a potato placed at the edge of the penalty area would probably do a better job than Sam Hird.

Of course, when Chimbonda or Illunga or Diouf set up three goals for the other team in a single game I'll gladly come on here and say I was wrong about them. But for now, I think they are very good players. Their records speak for themselves, their performances so far for Rovers have been good and I can't see them dropping \"a Hird\" any time soon. Thank god.

EDIT - For your information, I've never ever rated Hird, ever. And,yes, for me and my \"cronies\" he has been a constant source of displeasure since he's been playing for Rovers. And the higher Rovers get, the worse he is. I don't for a second believe, and I'm sure you can't either, that he was responsible for Rovers getting promoted!!!?

Stop changing my words, I said 'helping' Rovers to get promoted...not 'responsible' and you knew that! Big difference.

Just to (attempt) to shut you up, spent my lunch break compiling this...

Last season...

League games without Hird
W4, L10, D11
Points 23

League games with Hird
W7, L10, D4
Points 25

Clean sheets without Hird - 4
Clean sheets with Hird - 3

Hardly the villain you make him out to be is he?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 03, 2011, 03:25:33 pm by benaldo »
So, you are directly attributing the results to Hirds inclusion, or lack of?

To my mind, when I watch Sam Hird play football I think he's rubbish. Not only that, but \"angry yoda\" who sits commentating behind me in jumbled sentences because he's so furious, like - Not Rovers good enough why Hird footballer you useless - and most other people around me also appear to have the same opinions of him.

All I know is that the stats you've provided are meaningless if some of those losses could have been wins had Hird not fumbled around and given their striker the ball in the area, or failed to mark his man at a corner thus giving a free header for a goal, etc etc etc. All the stats show are that Rovers have been rubbish with and without Hird. I would argue that the inclusion of Hird in the team is like giving measles to someone with mumps.....it just makes things worse!

Again...

He's slow
Out of position all the time
Can't tackle
Can't pass
Can't shoot
Can't head the ball
He panics
And I've never seen a Rovers player give the ball away as much as him

You, the pope, Saunders, JR, Mickey \"Now come on love, I put that aerial up in the right place, you should have a signal by now. Have you turned your telly on?\" Walker, or the ghost of Jimmy Saville will get me to believe that Sam Hird is a good footballer! And deep down, I suspect you don't think he's good either.

Let me ask you this - If this lad from St Etienne turns up, even though you've never seen him play, would you rather he had a game than Sam Hird?

If the answer to that is not Sam Hird, then that's all you need to know.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 03, 2011, 03:30:31 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=196653
I liked Morley.  Knew his limitations and made sure he never strayed too far outside of them.

Actually, I'd consider playing Foster and Albrighton on Saturday.....

Aaah, Diamond Dave, Fozzy and the Sarge.

3 of the best defenders in recent memory to get close to the magic \"Duggie Bullet header\" moment...

You just don't see it nowadays!
Diamond Dave's against D&R steals it for me, but I remember (I think it was Woking in late November) in the same season when the Sarge laced one in from a corner kick too.

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 03, 2011, 03:32:29 pm by stokerover »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196666

To my mind, when I watch Sam Hird play football I think he's rubbish. Not only that, but \"angry yoda\" who sits commentating behind me in jumbled sentences because he's so furious, like - Not Rovers good enough why Hird footballer you useless - and most other people around me also appear to have the same opinions of him.

All I know is that the stats you've provided are meaningless if some of those losses could have been wins had Hird not fumbled around and given their striker the ball in the area, or failed to mark his man at a corner thus giving a free header for a goal, etc etc etc. All the stats show are that Rovers have been rubbish with and without Hird. I would argue that the inclusion of Hird in the team is like giving measles to someone with mumps.....it just makes things worse!

Again...

He's slow
Can't tackle
Can't pass
Can't shoot
Can't head the ball
He panics

You, the pope, Saunders, JR, Mickey \"Now come on love, I put that arial up in the right place, you should have a signal by now. Have you turned your telly on?\" Walker, or the ghost of Jimmy Saville will get me to believe that Sam Hird is a good footballer! And deep down, I suspect you don't think he's good either.

Let me ask you this - If this lad from St Etienne turns up, even though you've never seen him play, would you rather he had a game than Sam Hird?

...and thats all I wanted to prove to you, as you are constantly announcing that we would be better without him. Goodbye.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 03, 2011, 03:34:01 pm by cmonyoureds »
not being funny benaldo but blackpool away he was awesome what i have watched for the last few games has been a farce george friend player of the month for making mistakes and now and again saving himself but hey he will never get dropped like sam. just feel like he gets treated wrong but i guess deano is a fair man and will see sense and give him his chance because what we are watching is a farce too busy trying to get newer lads in and forgetting the old reliable lads.

stokerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 03, 2011, 03:44:50 pm by stokerover »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=196666

Again...

He's slow
Can't tackle
Can't pass
Can't shoot
Can't head the ball
He panics

You, the pope, Saunders, JR, Mickey \"Now come on love, I put that aerial up in the right place, you should have a signal by now. Have you turned your telly on?\" Walker, or the ghost of Jimmy Saville will get me to believe that Sam Hird is a good footballer! And deep down, I suspect you don't think he's good either.

Pretty sure you said the same about Matt Kilgallon also.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 03, 2011, 03:53:04 pm by cmonyoureds »
my team at the minute would be      sully
                         chimbonda  hird  joc  illunga
                                stock    gillet
                         diouf   coppinger   bennet
                                   sharp
bennet and diouf turn it to 433 when attacking then work back with the wing backs when they get forward.coppinger gets a free role play it right get loads of space for him.stock and gillet diturb play when they get forward.and defence boss it got class and experience as left and right back got steady eddy hirdy to do his thing and you got pace in jim o connor he important he the pace which as a centre back is class. easy as that give me deanos job. ha

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 03, 2011, 04:10:31 pm by benaldo »
I did indeed say that Kilgallon was better than Hird. It's a statement I stick by.

What I think everyone knows, though some are more aware than others, is that Doncaster Rovers have zero central defenders that are any good (I kind of like Naylor, but he's older than granite). This fact is not helped by an ultra poor set of central midfielders and a bloated, old goalkeeper (and trust me, his demise is heartbreaking as I really rated him).

Sam Hird isn't the answer by a long way, but neither are martis, friend, o'connor, lockwood. What Rovesr really, really need are some new central defenders and at least one good central midfielder. That's all! We have two excellent full backs, good attacking midfielders, and in Sharp and Diouf, probably the best strike pair in the league by a mile! It's not up front that's the problem, it's the spine from defensive midfield - central defence - goalkeeper.

Look, at the risk of getting repetative strain injuries while over using the irdh si tihs keys on my keyboard, I'll leave this argument now. I think it's fairly clear where I stand on the Sam Hird debate. I'd rather have warts, than see him play for Rovers. Bon nuit to you all.

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 03, 2011, 06:03:17 pm by stockholmrover »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=196648

Rob - I'll see your Nick Fenton and raise you one Nic priet !!!

I see Nic Priet has already been taken (I wish he had been) so I will raise you Micky Nesbitt!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012