Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:15:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Billy to join Ipswich in January  (Read 5293 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Billy to join Ipswich in January
« on November 09, 2011, 03:54:25 pm by Red Rover »
Seems Ipswich have gotten wind of his minimum release fee and are willing to pay it come January :angry:

Sky Sports: Jewell looking to exploit striker's contract clause

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Billy to join Ipswich in January
« Reply #1 on November 09, 2011, 04:14:29 pm by The Red Baron »
See other thread entitled P**l J*w*ll. I think the issue is that they are NOT prepared to pay the full amount (at least not initially) but they will do everything in their power to unsettle Billy between now and January.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 09, 2011, 05:00:21 pm by Albert Trousers »
If he goes, I hope he joins Southampton. I think he'd be great alongside Lambert.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 09, 2011, 05:14:57 pm by grayx »
Hopefully the release fee is 3m+

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 09, 2011, 05:24:25 pm by benaldo »
If the directors don't want their 1.15 million back, and IF we manage to hold onto Diouf and inject some more of \"Mackays Mercenaries\" then I would snap their hands off for 3 million and use it to get a couple of good players, not the bargain bin that SOD was scrabbling about in (not his fault, don't want to go down that road again...).

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 09, 2011, 06:45:31 pm by Derby Viking »
Wasn't it said before that his release fee could only be triggered by a club in a higher division?

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2011, 06:59:03 pm by RUPRECHT »
i cant see him going

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2011, 07:04:47 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"RUPRECHT\" post=197878
i cant see him going

I can, unfortunately. Not sure if it will be Ipswich or Southampton though.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2011, 07:11:19 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"grayx\" post=197879
Quote from: \"RUPRECHT\" post=197878
i cant see him going

I can, unfortunately. Not sure if it will be Ipswich or Southampton though.

I don't think it will be either, he will be playing for us. Why do we all speculate in a negative way, currently he has the opportunity to put himself in the 'shop window' with class players. If we can carry on improving then why wouldn't he see it through to at least the end of the season ? :huh:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2011, 07:12:16 pm by graingrover »
By then we will be higher than Ipswich in the league anyway , however if it is true they will be paying him £20,000 per week with a 4 yearcontract maybe we can count on Terry Bramall to come back into play and enhance Billy's 2 year deal with Rovers, together with JR and DW . Rovers mean business and Billy is the best ever since Alick Jeffrey.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2011, 07:41:15 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"graingrover\" post=197884
By then we will be higher than Ipswich in the league anyway , however if it is true they will be paying him £20,000 per week with a 4 yearcontract maybe we can count on Terry Bramall to come back into play and enhance Billy's 2 year deal with Rovers, together with JR and DW . Rovers mean business and Billy is the best ever since Alick Jeffrey.

Excellent post gg and exactly how I see it , why cash in on your asset before it reaches it's peak. Selling him would be a massive mistake at such a time of flux, I know we might not have a choice but I would like to think we would fight like alleycats to keep this fine player here.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2011, 07:56:33 pm by Nudga »
Is this the same Paul Jewell who, and I quote \"doesn't like to talk about other club's players\"? The fat greasy bas**rd.

Edit; sorry just seen this quoted on another thread.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2011, 08:10:16 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=197894
Is this the same Paul Jewell who, and I quote \"doesn't like to talk about other club's players\"? The fat greasy bas**rd.

Edit; sorry just seen this quoted on another thread.

Dont worry Nudga ..... everything else is !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2011, 08:13:51 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Albert Trousers\" post=197857
If he goes, I hope he joins Southampton. I think he'd be great alongside Lambert.

... and his old Manager / Physio ? Surely of those 2 clubs anyone would choose The Saints but lets hope Rovers prevail anyway

IF he does go I personally I hope he gets the BIGGEST Club / deal that he can

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 09, 2011, 08:48:29 pm by ditch_drfc »
Don't wish to be negative, but how many threads are we going to see on the same topic? It's been said how many times that he may or may not be going? Not having a go, just getting a bit fed up of the whol \"billy is going\" saga

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 09, 2011, 09:07:54 pm by bobbymax »
Surprise, surprise, yet another pointless thread based on an ill-researched piece of journalistic speculation.
Let me explain how Sky Sports, et al works. They have a bunch of journalistic wannabes (and you really wouldn't believe how thick some of these are) trawling club forums day and night. They have a story quota to fill so if they can't find any worthwhile news, they make something up. I know, I've seen the process in action first-hand! Everybody then gets themselves in a panic over what are basically re-hashed rumours.
What's really getting on my nerves is that it's the same people on this forum that get sucked in every time!:headbang:

BelleVue1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 09, 2011, 09:45:22 pm by BelleVue1 »
Billy Sharp is a Rovers player until we are told otherwise by our club. Do you really think that Billy and Jade will be thinking about their future at the moment! Gosh they will be finding it hard enough just to get through each day. Enough of this endless speculation and rumours and let him just get on with playing for us and supporting Jade and their families.  Please no more! End of rant!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2011, 08:01:59 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"BelleVue1\" post=197914
Billy Sharp is a Rovers player until we are told otherwise by our club. Do you really think that Billy and Jade will be thinking about their future at the moment! Gosh they will be finding it hard enough just to get through each day. Enough of this endless speculation and rumours and let him just get on with playing for us and supporting Jade and their families.  Please no more! End of rant!!

I agree- that is why I find Jewell's comments all the more distasteful.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2011, 08:20:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Interestingly, Billy has scored one in 4 games this season, which is kind of unlike him a little as he tends to get quite a few 2 goals in a game.  Interesting to see Jewell prefers strikers who score in more games than scoring more goals.,  Billy's goals last season fell in 12 games and included 4 penalties.  Doesn't mean a lot but it does contradict actually what Jewell was saying on goals on Sunday last week about the type of striker he goes for.

Also, given the strikers they already have, their ability to score goals and their awful defence, if I was an Ipswich fan I'd want to spend 3m at the back and in midfield not up front.  In reality though if they offered 2.5m + say Priskin I think we'd be getting a great deal.

BelleVue1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2011, 08:31:16 am by BelleVue1 »
Exactly Red Baron.  He spent all summer tapping up top players from other teams which were close to the end of their contracts (as he did with Paul Green and other players when he was Derby Manager).  He has got no respect!  I hope if he does contact us, the powers that be tell him not too politely to go away and give Billy time to get over his recent loss.  Jewell is a first class d**k h**d!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 11, 2011, 05:53:17 pm by PDX_Rover »
Why the f**k would anyone want to go to Ipswich?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 11, 2011, 06:21:15 pm by MachoMadness »
Really pisses me off, this. I know just giving press interviews isn't against the rules, but it's just not f**king right, is it? He's blatantly trying to unsettle Sharp, which is bad enough at the best of times, but with Billy going through such a tough time of late it's just despicable.

No class, no tact, such a shame after all the Ipswich fans did on Saturday. f**k off Jewell.

VikingJames

« Reply #22 on November 11, 2011, 08:05:44 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"MachoMadness\" post=198137
Really pisses me off, this. I know just giving press interviews isn't against the rules, but it's just not f**king right, is it? He's blatantly trying to unsettle Sharp, which is bad enough at the best of times, but with Billy going through such a tough time of late it's just despicable.

No class, no tact, such a shame after all the Ipswich fans did on Saturday. f**k off Jewell.

Agreed. He's out of order. It's not unexpected though, he's always been one for doing his transfer business in the press.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 11, 2011, 08:47:56 pm by MachoMadness »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=198147
Quote from: \"MachoMadness\" post=198137

Agreed. He's out of order. It's not unexpected though, he's always been one for doing his transfer business in the press.

That's true, unfortunately, but it still annoys me that he's doing it this time, more than any other time. Even if he's asked by a journo, is it too much to ask for him to reply \"I don't think it's right to comment on Billy at this time\" or something, at least leave it a few weeks before spouting b*llocks about how he \"wants\" to go to Ipswich.

The \"I don't talk about other club's players\" line is just adding insult to injury, as well.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 11, 2011, 09:36:15 pm by vaya »
The quick way to solve this is to dis-credit Jewel.

We all go round putting big dints in Merc bonnets, and scrawl 'Paul Jewel woz here' across them.

He's got form and the Police know it.

WhiteyBFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 11, 2011, 10:44:52 pm by WhiteyBFC »
BREAKING NEWS!!
Billy is coming to Oakwell............................................................next weekend!
Wish we had him. The only thing we are missing right now. And now Andy Grays suspended, we REALLY need Danny Haynes back.. 12 games without your main man up front is no fun, as no doubt you appreciate yourselves..
I know that you are allegedly trying to cut the wage bill, which means player sales, but you may as well be accepting relegation if you lose Billy.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 11, 2011, 11:01:16 pm by Viking Don »
All I can say is if BS wants to go and we get 3.25 Mill for him then thanks for the goals Billy and good luck, think he should go to the South Coast instead, Ipswich won't be going where he wants to be anytime soon.

Then go get Garner for about half a mill?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 11, 2011, 11:21:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"Viking Don\" post=198160
All I can say is if BS wants to go and we get 3.25 Mill for him then thanks for the goals Billy and good luck, think he should go to the South Coast instead, Ipswich won't be going where he wants to be anytime soon.

Then go get Garner for about half a mill?

I hate to say it but that basically sums it up

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2011, 11:38:43 pm by Spike »
Why spend good money on Garner when we have got McKay making £100 a week off us.  Get him to go and get another Diouf for nothing and £2k a week wages.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012