Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:58:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Mason  (Read 5175 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Ryan Mason
« on November 22, 2011, 05:37:51 pm by ditch_drfc »
Is anyone else a bit disappointed that he isn't really getting a look in? Especially with our recent lack of a midfield. I hope he at least makes the bench against Watford, if not starts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Ryan Mason
« Reply #1 on November 22, 2011, 05:40:43 pm by dickos1 »
Injured

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 22, 2011, 05:42:16 pm by SiBo »
Been told he's been quietly recalled by Spurs and won't be coming back. We'll see how true that turns out to be.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 22, 2011, 06:12:59 pm by donnygreenjeans »
He has gone back to tottenham but he wasn't  recalled he wanted to go back as he doesn't want to be at the club no more and i for one don't blame him

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 22, 2011, 07:05:37 pm by ljm-drfc »
I'm gutted if he's gone back, he was absolutly quality at Oakwell last season, awesome individual display. Also played well against Brighton and Tranmere at the start of the season. There is a reason why SOD said he was hoping to build a team around him this season, because he's class!

If this McKay scheme is going to drive good players out the club then it should be scrapped staright away. Also just seen he scored for Spurs today in a practise match.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 22, 2011, 07:15:16 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"donnygreenjeans\" post=200251
He has gone back to tottenham but he wasn't  recalled he wanted to go back as he doesn't want to be at the club no more and i for one don't blame him

I doubt that's true.

All loan players go back to their own club when injured because its part of the contract. They're on loan, simple as, and if they're not fit to play then they can't possibly be fulfilling their part of the contract.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 22, 2011, 07:29:20 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=200261

I doubt that's true.

All loan players go back to their own club when injured because its part of the contract. They're on loan, simple as, and if they're not fit to play then they can't possibly be fulfilling their part of the contract.

Donnygreenjeans may have \"a source\" at spurs, a bit like yours at west ham?

For my money Mason was pretty ok, not brilliant. He's far too weedy. But, and this has been the problem for a long time, he was made to look good by playing alongside the talents of Gillett and co. I hope it works out for Mason, he's only young and obviously has some talent or Harry wouldn't have extended his deal in the summer by a couple of years. Perhaps his exit will open a door for someone better? With things the way they are, who knows?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 22, 2011, 07:31:13 pm by StocksArmy »
He has gone back to Spurs he played today in a reserve game. Guttered thought he was absolutely quality :(

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 22, 2011, 07:35:34 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=200266
He has gone back to Spurs he played today in a reserve game. Guttered thought he was absolutely quality :(

Youth loans mean they can come and go for reserve games when the parent club want doesn't it? I'm sure I read that when we were on about Lalkovic.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 22, 2011, 08:03:23 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200264

I doubt that's true.

For my money Mason was pretty ok, not brilliant. He's far too weedy. But, and this has been the problem for a long time, he was made to look good by playing alongside the talents of Gillett and co. I hope it works out for Mason, he's only young and obviously has some talent or Harry wouldn't have extended his deal in the summer by a couple of years. Perhaps his exit will open a door for someone better? With things the way they are, who knows?

Pull the other one mate! Gillett is massively overrated by this club. I personally think he'd struggle to get into any top half league 1 side, let alone champ.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 22, 2011, 08:07:23 pm by StocksArmy »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=200267

Youth loans mean they can come and go for reserve games when the parent club want doesn't it? I'm sure I read that when we were on about Lalkovic.

yeah thats right mate ive just read the rules. I'm just wondering why he isn't playing in our reserves? Or is Deano allowing him to play in both to rush him back to full fitness?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 22, 2011, 08:40:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=200272
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=200267

yeah thats right mate ive just read the rules. I'm just wondering why he isn't playing in our reserves? Or is Deano allowing him to play in both to rush him back to full fitness?

We haven't had a reserve team for at least five years.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 22, 2011, 09:01:37 pm by graingrover »
Pretty uncool of the official site !

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 22, 2011, 10:42:45 pm by donnygreenjeans »

I doubt that's true.

Well it is true as he wasn't injured, he's gone back because he didn't like the way the club is being run.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 22, 2011, 10:47:51 pm by silent majority »

I doubt that's true.

Jeez!! You're not that bright are you Benaldo!

I never said I had a contact at West Ham, I said somebody sent me a list privately about West Ham. Anything to score browny points eh!!

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 22, 2011, 10:51:13 pm by donnygreenjeans »

I doubt that's true.

I think Mason was more than ok, he had a blinder against Tranmere earlier this season and looked to be a quality player in the making, before SOD got the boot, Mason wanted a permanent move here but redknapp refused to let him go as he highly rates him.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 22, 2011, 11:29:20 pm by drfc1951 »
Hes on a season long youth loan.He can still play for Spurs youth team.Jordan Mutch played for Birmingham
youth team several times while he was here.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 22, 2011, 11:37:51 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=200313
Hes on a season long youth loan.He can still play for Spurs youth team.Jordan Mutch played for Birmingham
youth team several times while he was here.
I thought the loan was only until january

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 23, 2011, 03:35:10 am by Mr1Croft »
Tbf he is still on loan by our reckoning, we have signed him on loan and that should be that, we have heard nothing else official.

Still it's reassuring that one of the best youth prospects at this club has been given the cold shoulder in terms of playing time. Good to see Saunders dedicated approach to a Youth and Reserve team...

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2011, 08:28:29 am by SiBo »
I can't see the club coming out and saying 'Ryan's gone back as he thought what was going on here was a circus and doing him no good' so DS no doubt got ready made answer along lines of he's been injured whole time I've been here (not true because JR said many times in week before SOD was sacked that Mason was going to be one of four players SOD would have back available for Palace game) and we dont need him now as brought in other players as we need experience to get us out of this blah blah blah. No it's not official yet but I'm confident we wont be seeing Ryan Mason in Rovers shirt again before end of season.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2011, 10:11:34 am by drfcsteve »
Everyone's missing the fact that Harry Redknapp knew Sean and trusted him, from when he was manager at Bournemouth. He let Mason come to Rovers because of the style of football we played, and to develop him as a player. Do you really think Harry was happy with the opportunity his player was getting to learn the game when we appointed a conference manager with no experience and started playing hoofball?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 23, 2011, 10:46:19 am by sedwardsdrfc »
he was good but not good enough to build a team around, other teams would just out power us as they do anyway think he would have been better playing out wide to start with

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 23, 2011, 01:06:54 pm by Petche »
He became an average performer in our midfield, too lightweight and too injury prone. His best game was against lower league opposition (Tranmere) and when he got a recent chance against Middlesboro he was poor. No doubt a prospect but needs to be stronger for this league!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 23, 2011, 01:10:17 pm by Jonathan »
It was common knowledge that his 'season long loan' was to be reviewed in January. I think it's fair to say he won't be staying here which is a big shame. There's no harm in him going back now purely because we aren't going to use him and his career is better served elsewhere.

It's disappointing as most agreed that it was a very exciting signing. He was excellent at Brighton and even better against Tranmere before the injury (although according to some on here, injuries make no difference to anyone).

Had we not suffered those injuries in the first 180 minutes of the season I think things would be very different for DRFC and Mason now.

Whether you support the new strategy or not, few can deny that it is not conducive to the developmemt of young talents. I take the point that Mason was never ours and Spurs would be the ultimate beneficiary, but I'm convinced we would have got a lot out of the player (in our style) had we not moved the goalposts.

As stated elsewhere, JR cited him as a vital player returning from injury in that mysterious interview he gave shortly before the Palace game. I don't think JR was misleading us.

Realistic Rover

« Reply #24 on November 23, 2011, 01:52:48 pm by Realistic Rover »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=200335
Tbf he is still on loan by our reckoning, we have signed him on loan and that should be that, we have heard nothing else official.

Still it's reassuring that one of the best youth prospects at this club has been given the cold shoulder in terms of playing time. Good to see Saunders dedicated approach to a Youth and Reserve team...

Just remind me again who got rid of the Reserve team? Also hasn't Dean Saunders just handed a long term deal to youngster in the Academy? Please do some research before you post.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 23, 2011, 02:00:22 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"Realistic Rover\" post=200487

Just remind me again who got rid of the Reserve team? Also hasn't Dean Saunders just handed a long term deal to youngster in the Academy? Please do some research before you post.

Just remind me again who it is that forced Lalkovic and Mason out of the club?

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 23, 2011, 02:12:13 pm by SiBo »
Re Husband, I genuinely wish the lad well as it would be great to see someone come through and make an impact in the first team for years to come but only time will tell whether his signing is merely a PR stunt, which my hunch at the moment is it is.

And let's not kid ourselves that he is a Saunders product after two months?? Surely if anything, if there is a lad that's come through who has now been considered good enough to give a contract to he is a product of a youth system that apparently SOD destoyed????

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 23, 2011, 02:59:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well if Mason's gone back because he didn't like how the club was run then that's a very sad thing really, but largely sad for him.

Let's be honest the lad has talent but he's as fragile as glass.  He can barely ever make it through a game without getting injured and now way can he stand up to the rigors of first team football if he's never ever fit.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 23, 2011, 02:59:10 pm by The L J Monk »
Mason played 26 league games for Yeovil before Spurs recalled him in 09/10. He's not that brittle.

Regarding Husband - I think he's more a product of the Leeds youth system if anything.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 23, 2011, 03:07:35 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Realistic Rover\" post=200487

What has that got to do with anything? Seriously what SOD may have done wrong here does not justify any of Saunder's wrongdoing.

And you think other people need to get over him? Try getting over him yourself first...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012