Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 09:16:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: why didnt Saunders....  (Read 1294 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
why didnt Saunders....
« on January 08, 2012, 02:08:25 pm by Dare to dream! »
Play JOC at left back yesterday and Habib Beye at right back. Beye didnt look intrested imo  right back is his strongest position and JOC would of gotten forward more down the left which is what we needed, Beye didnt get forward and whoever was on that side of the wing Copps or Bennett was often isolated and lost the ball. JOC is more versitille

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: why didnt Saunders....
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2012, 02:10:15 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=209898
Play JOC at left back yesterday and Habib Beye at right back. Beye didnt look intrested imo  right back is his strongest position and JOC would of gotten forward more down the left which is what we needed, Beye didnt get forward and whoever was on that side of the wing Copps or Bennett was often isolated and lost the ball. JOC is more versitille

Versatile is not the word I would use!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2012, 02:10:54 pm by dickos1 »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Jimmy has struggled this season so beat to leave him in his best position and get his confidence back in my opinion.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2012, 02:23:49 pm by Dare to dream! »
course he is versatille he can play anywhere along the back line, maybe he hasnt played his best this season but he still gives it a good go rarther than Beye who i only saw go forward once when diouf was on that wing

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2012, 02:27:38 pm by Donnybax »
Also when JOC plays centre back he doesn't go charging out of position as much as beye does

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2012, 02:33:53 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=209903
course he is versatille he can play anywhere along the back line, maybe he hasnt played his best this season but he still gives it a good go rarther than Beye who i only saw go forward once when diouf was on that wing

Beye is a far more accomplished footballer than Oconnor will ever be. JOC is a good league 1 player. His positional play is lacking and he cannot cross a ball to save his life.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2012, 02:34:36 pm by Dare to dream! »
Beye is quality but i dont think he wanted to play left back and it showed, we need players htat are commited and you dont get that with the Mckay plan

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2012, 02:38:22 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=209909
Beye is quality but i dont think he wanted to play left back and it showed, we need players htat are commited and you dont get that with the Mckay plan

On that basis were Coppinger, Stock and Barnes part of the McKay plan yesterday? Because for me they were the 3 worst offenders.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2012, 03:02:59 pm by Dare to dream! »
No one had a good ame yesterday but Coppinger and Stock were trying they didnt show there quality but they kept going same with Bennet maybe not so much Barnes whereas Beye wasnt even going forward trying to get a goal and thought he could take on the whole team himself

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2012, 03:43:34 pm by andysly »
Yesterday was a bad day at the office for all concerned on and off the pitch.
I may be on my own here but I thought Bennett seemed to be the only player prepared to have a go at the Notts Co defence and at least got a couple of shots in.
Strange choices as far as substitutions were concerned, throwing EHD on with 10 minutes to go was a poor decision, if he was fit he should've started, if not as appears to be the case a hanstring issue then expecting him to come on late and cold is just inviting further aggravation.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2012, 05:33:17 pm by dickos1 »
Really is laughable. Sod players tried, Saunders players never. Sods players clap fans, Saunders players don't. Sods players sit together, Saunders players sit on their own. Sods players celebrate, Saunders players don't, sods players care, Saunders players don't.

I have never heard so much childish, petty arguments in all my life.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2012, 06:09:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
Whatever happens if the club do not replace Billy's goals we will be relegated. If Billy had played yesterday we may have won, although we played badly there was enough through balls fo a quality striker to take. So JR, Watson, Bramell, Saunders and McKay get your fingers out to replace Billy , unless Bamango is the answer we do not have players on our books who can score enough goals. In 2011 Billy missed a lot of games and we lost a majority if not all those games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012