Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 08:02:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 2837 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Season Tickets
« on January 17, 2012, 02:04:06 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
When will these be announcement given the uncertainty of our position?

Wasn't it March last year?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on January 17, 2012, 02:41:05 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
I think the announcement will be at the end of February mate, the deadline for the first batch last year was the end March.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 17, 2012, 02:57:24 pm by MrFrost »
I'm sure I read somewhere that prices will be upheld even if we go down.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 17, 2012, 03:39:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's not been decided has it?  I think the best thing to do is wait and see, but given my ST is only £20 more expensive than it was in league 1, I'm not sure it should change. But please do away with daft deadlines, one flat rate in most areas and one area that's a bit cheaper (IE the South stand).

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 17, 2012, 03:58:55 pm by MrFrost »
I'm not sure £27 a game would fly in League One.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 17, 2012, 04:06:18 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=213137
It's not been decided has it?  I think the best thing to do is wait and see, but given my ST is only £20 more expensive than it was in league 1, I'm not sure it should change. But please do away with daft deadlines, one flat rate in most areas and one area that's a bit cheaper (IE the South stand).

Agreed.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 17, 2012, 05:02:09 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=213141

How many games have been £27 this season?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 17, 2012, 05:07:30 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=213143

How many games have been £27 this season?

West Ham, Forest, Hull, Leeds to name a few.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 17, 2012, 05:16:08 pm by Superspy »
I can give you a full run down of prices so far including the value of season tickets vs buying on a match by match basis if people would like? I'm keeping track of it with the intention of it being a discussion point on here at the end of the season.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 17, 2012, 05:18:41 pm by benaldo »

And where does it say that it's going to be £27 for any games whatsoever next season? I haven't read that anywhere. What's your source?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 17, 2012, 05:30:53 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=213147

And where does it say that it's going to be £27 for any games whatsoever next season? I haven't read that anywhere. What's your source?

Refer to my previous post. It was stated somewhere, either this season, or when prices for this season were announced around Feb last year. I don't have an exact quote, but it was definitely stated the price would be the same regardless of what league we were in.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 17, 2012, 06:13:37 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=213146
I can give you a full run down of prices so far including the value of season tickets vs buying on a match by match basis if people would like? I'm keeping track of it with the intention of it being a discussion point on here at the end of the season.

Go on lets start the discussion now

:scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 17, 2012, 07:54:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A lot of work is going on behind the scenes right now so nothing has been decided yet.

We (the VSC) will continue to have some input and dialogue with the club. March 31st was the first deadline last year however as this stage it is too early to say when prices will be announced.

As you can imagine there are a number of factors which could affect the decision making !!

Watch this space for any developments.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 17, 2012, 08:11:22 pm by Padge_DRFC »
There wouldn't be much point in a season ticket if there is no £27 games.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2012, 09:11:42 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=213158

Please let's not even go there ........we've got other things to think about at present and they are of far more importance. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2012, 09:25:15 pm by Superspy »

Ok, these figures run up to and including Peterborough at home and so far the picture looks like this...

We have had 10 category 1 games so far. 3 of these games were covered under the chairman's choice ticket, 1 was reduced to £15 as a local promotion, and another was reduced to £20 leaving 5 games at the maximum price of £27. 5 games have been category 2 @ £22, 2 of which were covered under the chairman's choice. Leaving 1 cat 3 game @ £15.

On the assumption that you could get somebody to share the price with you for match tickets using the offer in The Sun, and you took up every offer that has been done so far this season, you would have paid a total of £279.70, including the price of the newspapers, for your match tickets assuming of course that you bought tickets for every game. This equates to £17.48 per match.

Now, before the original end-of-March deadline, season tickets averaged as follows:

Cat A: £20 per match
Cat B: £17.39
Cat C: £14.78 (south stand only).

All season tickets purchased after the end of march equate to a minimum £18.26 per match. Obviously there are a fair few games to go, but so far it shows that the only season ticket which has been of better value this season is a South Stand ticket bought before the March deadline. In pure money terms the Cat B ticket is also of value, but once the cost of fuel or postage to acquire the tickets is factored in that value soon disappears.

They are the current facts of the matter. Now for my opinion. The reason why I have been keeping track of all of this is because there were a lot of arguments last summer about ticket pricing, and people saying they weren't going to be renewing their ST's because they thought it would be cheaper to pay match by match. I was convinced this was not the case but so far it seems that if you didn't buy a ticket in the South Stand before the first cut off, you haven't done yourself any financial favours. That being said, I still stick by the point that there is a lot more to a season ticket than simply saving money, there's also the other perks you get with it such as the lack of hassle of acquiring tickets, the same view every game, and priority on other matches etc.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2012, 09:25:47 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=213197

Please let's not even go there ........we've got other things to think about at present and they are of far more importance. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Sorry hoola, I was already typing my response when you posted that, my bad.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 18, 2012, 12:11:31 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=213200
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=213197

Sorry hoola, I was already typing my response when you posted that, my bad.

No probs SS, the ST issue always sends my head spinning , some arguing (quite incorrectly imo) that it's not worth getting one ; when it's usually about commitment. Others of course argue , quite rightly imo , that buyting one is cheaper pro rata and helps the club out no end with their cashflow.
Please God can we be bothered with all this again ? :(

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 18, 2012, 07:33:02 am by Superspy »
You're exactly right. That's why I've been keeping track of it this time around, so that when the arguments start there is solid proof (one way or the other). Come the end of the season we'll know for definite of where the value is to be had :)

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 18, 2012, 10:45:48 am by nightporter »
I always thought season tickets were a bad idea, well the payment method anyway. A club getting most of its income in one go then scrimping for the rest of the season. Never understood why you don't just pay every month by direct debit,  e.g £20 every month multiplied by 5000 season ticket holders gives an income of £100,000 every month. Surely a better way to run a club, especially a lower league club.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 18, 2012, 11:23:45 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"nightporter\" post=213243
I always thought season tickets were a bad idea, well the payment method anyway. A club getting most of its income in one go then scrimping for the rest of the season. Never understood why you don't just pay every month by direct debit,  e.g £20 every month multiplied by 5000 season ticket holders gives an income of £100,000 every month. Surely a better way to run a club, especially a lower league club.

Whilst I can see where you are coming from with an 'even' cashflow system, the problem arises when the club has adverse results. Many would cancel their d/debits and DRFC would find it next to impossible to assess cahflow on a 'month by month' basis. Being a STH for many is all about habit and the question is how would you a)get them back into the habit and b)how difficult would it be to administer such a system.
Perhaps a different approach combinig both an 'up front' payment and a balance payable directly from your debit card on the day at the turnstile might be the way forward. This would enable those that can't/won't stump up the full amount pre-season some degree of flexibility. E.g £200 'up front'payment for close season operating costs and a pre-determined 'match by match' payment ?

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 18, 2012, 11:48:12 am by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=213252
Quote from: \"nightporter\" post=213243

Whilst I can see where you are coming from with an 'even' cashflow system, the problem arises when the club has adverse results. Many would cancel their d/debits and DRFC would find it next to impossible to assess cahflow on a 'month by month' basis. Being a STH for many is all about habit and the question is how would you a)get them back into the habit and b)how difficult would it be to administer such a system.

Many clubs offer an instalment scheme, with payments over 10 months - not the 4 that you get with Rovers. They do this with either zero or very low interest (4% IIRC). You sign a credit agreement that allows you pay over the 10 months, but you are contractually obliged to pay irrespective of a change in your circumstances or a decline in the club's results.

Why can't Rovers do something like this? I'm sure it would get encourage more season ticket holders. I believe other clubs use a financial services company to administer the scheme, which makes it even easier for the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 18, 2012, 05:52:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I always thought season tickets were a bad idea, well the payment method anyway. A club getting most of its income in one go then scrimping for the rest of the season. Never understood why you don't just pay every month by direct debit, e.g £20 every month multiplied by 5000 season ticket holders gives an income of £100,000 every month. Surely a better way to run a club, especially a lower league club.

As we said, watch this space. There may be good news on the horizon for those who would prefer to pay by instalments (and not just the 4 the club introduced for the first time last season)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 18, 2012, 06:02:06 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed Baz.  As the man says, just watch this space.  There is an awful lot going on in the background at the moment, and not just on ticketing.  More to follow.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 18, 2012, 06:13:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Should also be worth noting. Another item on the VSC agenda we put to the club some while ago was the ability of fans to purchase match tickets from outlets around the borough.

Match Day Ticket Outlets

We did put forward a number of interested parties who offered to assist in this sort of scheme however, I don't know whether these outlets have been contacted to date. But hey, it's a start.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012