Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:14:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Four directors resign.  (Read 31020 times)

Chris

• Forum Member
Four directors resign.
« on January 25, 2012, 02:45:50 pm by Chris »
DRFC Official Site

What does this mean for the future?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
Re: Four directors resign.
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2012, 02:47:35 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
that we could be in serious shit if you ask me... unless there is a plan of action to get new members in??

doesnt sound good for the club anyways!

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2012, 02:48:19 pm by Katesby »
sinking ship, gutted

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2012, 02:50:24 pm by 5minstogo »
Interesting. :blink:

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2012, 02:50:31 pm by DRNaith »
Given one of them is Dick Watson, does this mean Billy's offer is no longer on the table?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2012, 02:50:49 pm by mushRTID »
Oh shit. Thanks for your efforts Dick, especially with the recent Sharp offer.

Thanks for nothing Bramall, you tight sod.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 25, 2012, 02:53:46 pm by MrFrost »
Desperate times.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 25, 2012, 02:53:49 pm by Chris »
I find it strange that this has seemingly come out of nowhere. I wonder why three of them all decided to pack it in all of a sudden?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 25, 2012, 02:54:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Very difficult to see how this can be anything but very bad news

Best of wishes to Dick for his health

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 25, 2012, 02:54:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not good at all, especially when you think they convinced JR to replace the manager and then they leave....

JR will have to get some more investment in then.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 25, 2012, 02:55:32 pm by inSODwetrust »
:byebye Billy

I-was-there1976

« Reply #11 on January 25, 2012, 02:56:19 pm by I-was-there1976 »
does it affect the naming rights to the stadium ? Or is there still someone on the board from Keepmoat ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 25, 2012, 02:57:58 pm by Filo »
Maybe some of the critics on here should take a long hard look at themselves!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 25, 2012, 02:58:28 pm by MrFrost »
JR cannot afford to fund the several million pound shortfall we have every season. This is absolutely desperate, unless someone is waiting in the wings to invest, which I doubt.

I think it is clear things are far from rosy at the moment. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see JR departing either.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 25, 2012, 03:01:34 pm by Buzzberry »
Terry Brammall also left, supposedly the 24th richest man in football last year! £425 million gone...ouch!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 25, 2012, 03:06:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"Buzzberry\" post=215242
Terry Brammall also left, supposedly the 24th richest man in football last year! £425 million gone...ouch!

He was never going to put it in though.

Some legitimate questions to be asked though, why have they chosen to go?  You wonder what their motivation ever was seeing as they were never going to make football on the sporting side, the assumption is it was the stadium (a rumour long held).

It's not a disaster, I've thought for a long time the club should operate within it's means, maybe now it will encourage some aspects of the club to improve (marketing the main one).

I-was-there1976

« Reply #16 on January 25, 2012, 03:06:21 pm by I-was-there1976 »
are these the same set of people who wanted O Driscol out ?

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 25, 2012, 03:06:29 pm by mutleyrover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=215240

A forum is there for people to make their thoughts and opinions heard and take on board those of others. If criticism was prevented then the forum would not really be fulfilling its entire purpose.

I don't agree with some of the decisions the board has made and may have criticised them on here.  Are you therefore saying that I should be in part responsible for the fact they have decided to resign from the board.  If they cannot take the criticism then they are not worthy board members in the first place.

In saying that, best wishes to Dick Watson for his future health and JR in finding replacements to help the club through these difficult times.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 25, 2012, 03:07:20 pm by Buzzberry »
Also didn't Brammalls company also sponsor the stadium? So does this mean we're going to lose sponsorship of the stadium?

Keith Myath

« Reply #19 on January 25, 2012, 03:08:38 pm by Keith Myath »
Quite literally.... Shit the BED!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 25, 2012, 03:10:12 pm by albie »
The key point is not that they are standing down from the BoD, but if they wish to retrieve monies loaned to DRFC, or to sell the shares they currently own.

If they sell their shares, then JR is left as chairman with a minority holding, and whoever buys in can take overall control of DRFC (Patienceform).

Of course, no-one may be interested in buying into a company operating at a loss, so the position may be unchanged, with DW and TB retaining an interest via their shares, but not acting as directors alongside JR.

I suspect this has been in the pipeline for a while, but I am happy to be corrected if anyone knows different.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 25, 2012, 03:10:46 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Buzzberry\" post=215247
Also didn't Brammalls company also sponsor the stadium? So does this mean we're going to lose sponsorship of the stadium?

That may happen however it would be a problem for the council, not us, as they are the ones who own the stadium.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 25, 2012, 03:10:50 pm by Retdon1 »
I heard a few weeks ago that McKay was in talks with some Arab prince about investing in us I know that sounds a bit far fetched but with these 4 directors quitting today u never know I heard this from diouf and chimbonda after seeing them on a night out they said that's the main reason they came to us

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 25, 2012, 03:11:12 pm by Mr1Croft »
This is bad news, and as stated seemingly out of the blue.

A few weeks ago we were all praising Dick Watson for how he handled the Billy Sharp scenario while John Ryan was overseas. Thank you very much Dick Watson, we appreciate everything you have done for Doncaster Rovers and without you and your generousity we would not be where we are today, I wish him all the best with his health and hope it is nothing serious.

There were rumours that Bramall had \"unofficially\" packed in months ago, or at least we assumed he stopped investing in Doncaster Rovers, ergo the 4 million plug that we lost. Whether you like him or not, you have to thank him for donating his wealth to Doncaster Rovers.

Although the other two directors are seemingly \"behind the scenes\" or \"insignificant\" does not mean to say their impact on Doncaster Rovers, I imagine they have also done alot for DRFC so thank you Andrew Watson and Sarah Kell.

We are now more than ever at risk, not only is our Championship status on the line but the skeleton of our board has been shattered into pieces, investment is not a automatic privilage. As fans the only thing we can do to help sustain DRFC for the forseeable future is use the co-operative for it's main objective: Become a member as soon as you can and spread the word, we may not be able to shoulder Doncaster Rovers on our own; but that doesn't mean John Ryan should either. I will pay my subs this evening and I can only hope that you will do the same.

John Ryan says in his statement that this is a dissapointing time for Doncaster Rovers fans, but we must look to the future. I do not think therefore that a 4 page thread debating why they left is necessary, John Ryan has said that hoping for the right reaction, let common sense prevail and give him the reaction he deserves; our 100% commitment and support!

RTWD

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 25, 2012, 03:11:37 pm by ditch_drfc »
We're in trouble.

Wonder if Gartom can shed some light on it for us

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 25, 2012, 03:12:52 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Buzzberry\" post=215247

Keepmoat sponsor the stadium, which is owned by the council. We never saw any of that money anyway.
I'd be more worried about us agreeing any kind of lease now on the stadium itself. The council can't wait to shut the place because of the money it is losing.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 25, 2012, 03:15:02 pm by SiBo »
So Dick has resigned due to ill health but his son and daughter have stepped down too? And to think some of us have remained cynical that, despite what's being spouted publcailly, everything in the garden seems far from rosy. Given that Dick and Terry have been making up the shortfall every year these are desperate and truly scary times.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 25, 2012, 03:16:15 pm by keyser_soze »
I would have thought the contract with Keepmoat PLC was watertight and couldn't be withdrawn until the end of the contract, and anyway, Watson & Brammall made their money by selling their stake in Keepmoat so they are no longer involved.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 25, 2012, 03:19:30 pm by hoolahoop »

Filo that post is totally uncalled for , this is a fans forum where free speech is allowed. These are 'hard nosed' businessmen and don't give a flying fook what's on here in the main.
Perhaps you should look at your self here instead of blaming the man on the street for the resignations of 4 directors.
As I see it ........we're ALL allowed to write our opinions, perhaps a post you made caused the directors to resign numpty. :angry:
Perhaps those critics were right all along and that's the rationale behind the resignations. :whistle:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 25, 2012, 03:22:44 pm by Chris »

Stupid comment. Utterly stupid.

If they can't handle criticism for very controversial decisions then good riddance to them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012