Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:10:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bamogo  (Read 2678 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Bamogo
« on February 14, 2012, 11:59:47 pm by Red Rover »
Is not a footballer!! :laugh: I don't care what Anyone says

Jesus wept, he literally doesn't know how to play the game! Why play him over a lively Bennett I'll never know! Maybe Deano's getting a bit of cash in hand from his mate Big Willie as a sweetener! :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
Re: Bamogo
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2012, 08:29:40 pm by Donnylass »
I know you don't care what anyone says - so why I'm posting I'm not sure - but I thought he did well. It's the first time I've seen him play and I thought he had some good skill on the ball.

Maybe Deano's getting a bit of cash in hand from his mate Big Willie as a sweetener

And don't even go there with that comment :thumbdown:

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2012, 08:42:04 pm by roversam »
Quote from: \"Red Rover\" post=219914

Jesus wept, he literally doesn't know how to play the game! Why play him over a lively Bennett I'll never know! Maybe Deano's getting a bit of cash in hand from his mate Big Willie as a sweetener! :lol:
On tuesday nights showing the lively Bennett as you put it, was shite, he looked too lightweight for me, too easily knocked off the ball, opinions eh.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2012, 08:46:30 pm by RedJ »
I don't think Bamogo is THAT bad, I don't think he's fully match fit yet though either (which, although for a different reason, begs the question \"why him over Bennett?\"). He looks alright, but that's about it. Poor decision making and didn't really ever manage to put in a final ball, but did provide an outlet (just a shame he couldn't do anything with it - partly due to no support at times and Hayter's lack of pace to get into the box, obviously no fault of his own).

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2012, 08:48:27 pm by MrFrost »
Bomogo was shit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2012, 08:49:17 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=220033
Bomogo was shit.

So was Bennett

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2012, 08:53:26 pm by donnyroversfc »
My mate described him as 'the new Justin Jackson'. I dont hold out much hope for him if thats the case.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2012, 09:13:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Far too early to judge. I'm sure there's more to come.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2012, 10:09:23 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=220045
Far too early to judge. I'm sure there's more to come.

Well in the 2 games i've seen him play he's not played well at all and he was tipped to be the best out of the 3 players we signed in January!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2012, 12:51:47 am by RoversAlias »
Well, so far he has been to be fair.

I didn't see him in his first appearances but on Tuesday night he seemed fine to me. He didn't touch the ball for the first 17 minutes of the match and struggled to get into the game but he didn't do anything wrong really, not sure why the need for the backlash against him already. Give him time, he's only been here a month.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2012, 07:05:42 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=220125

I didn't see him in his first appearances but on Tuesday night he seemed fine to me. He didn't touch the ball for the first 17 minutes of the match and struggled to get into the game but he didn't do anything wrong really, not sure why the need for the backlash against him already. Give him time, he's only been here a month.

Backlash is because he is a Saunders/McKay player. He's played around 130 mins so far, have a look at sharps first 130 mins and longer, he certainly never pulled up any trees, if he turns out half as good as him we'll be happy won't we??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2012, 08:21:56 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=220125

I'm not having a go at him or at Bagayoko, but the one luxury we don't have is time. The games are running out and we haven't got time to get players up to speed. Nor should we be \"thinking about next season\" as we appear to be with Robert and Plessis.

When we bring players in they need to be able to hit the ground running, as the likes of Diouf, Beye, Ikeme, Fortune and Button did. With only 17 games left we haven't got the luxury of waiting several weeks for a player to find his feet.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2012, 08:27:39 am by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Red Rover\" post=219914

Bennett came on after 58 minutes, after 73 minutes he looked like he was blowing out his arse! BamNOGO was simply awful!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2012, 08:42:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bamogo did ok, has some skill but needs to be stronger.  Played too wide IMO though get him up front, he made some good moves and was hard done by with a few offsides.  He'll need time to adjust, but we don't have that time.

I was actually impressed by Bakayogo when he came on, he looked quicker than the Notts game and won a few headers, sadly there was nobody else near him but he looked alright in his short spell.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2012, 08:47:04 am by Wellred »
I would love all these people who think Bennett is such a good player to tell us exactly what he offers.
Yes he is fast and tricky but there is no end product. How many times does he run into the corner only to lose the ball.
He has potential yes but until he learns what to do with the ball he will always flatter to deceive.
Bamago look to have some potential also but then again we have only seen him for part of two games.
But then he is one of McKays introductions so he must be crap eh?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2012, 08:53:39 am by GazLaz »
People were saying Fortune was shit after his first couple of games. I was at millwall away and people were calling him from a pig to a dog.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2012, 11:11:20 am by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=220156
People were saying Fortune was shit after his first couple of games. I was at millwall away and people were calling him from a pig to a dog.

That's because we have so many closet Managers supporting us who never do anything wrong, it must be wonderful to live in their perfect unblemished world. The fact that Bamogo has never played in England, is out of position and playing in a side low on confidence wouldn't affect his game would it?

No we haven't the luxury of waiting until these players to bed in but we also don't have the luxury of a mega rich board who can afford that type of player. We have 18 games and I'm sure he will adapt before the games run out.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2012, 11:35:33 am by Albert Trousers »
On the Blackpool forum one of their fans said it looked like Bamogo had won a competition to play!!
He has obviously been a good player in the past, I read a tweet from Opta regarding Montpellier striker Oliver Giroud being the first player to score 16 goals for them in a season since Bamogo back in 03/04. Theirs no doubt the lad has had the talent, if he has the desire to get it back remains to be seen.
He wasn't great the other night by any stretch but hopefully that will come with game time.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2012, 11:56:28 am by Donnybax »
Far too early to judge in my opinion but my concern is that we don't have the time to be giving these players match fitness and getting them sharp when we are bottom of the league and running out of time that's why I would give Bennett the nod because he is fitter. Bamogo may be decent coming off the bench as an impact player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012