Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:36:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What is the point...  (Read 1573 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
What is the point...
« on February 16, 2012, 07:18:37 pm by The Red Baron »
... of signing the likes of Diatta, Plessis and Robert if we're not going to play them?

Surely we signed them because they were as good as, if not better, than what we've got. As we've not exactly been tearing up trees (one win in 2012) you would think that these players might have replaced some of those currently in the team.

And while I'm on the subject- Giles Barnes. He seemed to be involved in matchday squads on a pretty consistent basis until he signed a contract until the end of the season. he's scarcely been seen since.

All very mystifying, especially when you consider that we're supposed to be trying to get the wage bill down, not up! Nearly as difficult to comprehend as Mr Saunders' \"tactics.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: What is the point...
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2012, 07:23:25 pm by donnyroversfc »
Well Saunders has said Robert and Plessis are more suited for next season (whatever the hell that means). They've gotta be given a chance soon though i'd imagine.

If Oster is getting in the team ahead of Plessis on ability then how bad must Plessis be!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2012, 07:26:42 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=219994
Well Saunders has said Robert and Plessis are more suited for next season (whatever the hell that means). They've gotta be given a chance soon though i'd imagine.

If Oster is getting in the team ahead of Plessis on ability then how bad must Plessis be!

Oster has ability, it`s the lack of effort and having no stomach for a relegation battle thats the problem

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2012, 07:32:43 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=219995

Oster has ability, it`s the lack of effort and having no stomach for a relegation battle thats the problem

He as a good pass on him, thats about it! the least i expect from a player in central midfield to be able to do is pass AND tackle. He's a whimp!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2012, 07:42:27 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=219997

He as a good pass on him, thats about it! the least i expect from a player in central midfield to be able to do is pass AND tackle. He's a whimp!

Oster has always been a winger, and he still is, what he isn't, is a central midfielder.

Stick Messi or Robinhio in CM and I guarantee they will have 9 bad performances to one good one.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2012, 07:49:20 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=219998
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=219997

Oster has always been a winger, and he still is, what he isn't, is a central midfielder.

Stick Messi or Robinhio in CM and I guarantee they will have 9 bad performances to one good one.

I know he was a winger in the past, while he's been here though he's only ever played central.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2012, 08:03:20 pm by Mr1Croft »
He played outwide/attacking midfield in 09/10 and only reverted to CM last season with injuries etc.,

I-was-there1976

« Reply #7 on February 16, 2012, 08:09:56 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=219990
... of signing the likes of Diatta, Plessis and Robert if we're not going to play them?

Surely we signed them because they were as good as, if not better, than what we've got. As we've not exactly been tearing up trees (one win in 2012) you would think that these players might have replaced some of those currently in the team.

And while I'm on the subject- Giles Barnes. He seemed to be involved in matchday squads on a pretty consistent basis until he signed a contract until the end of the season. he's scarcely been seen since.

All very mystifying, especially when you consider that we're supposed to be trying to get the wage bill down, not up! Nearly as difficult to comprehend as Mr Saunders' \"tactics.\"

I recall someone saying whilst at Wrexham that Saunders signed that many players he actually got lucky and eventually made a half decent team.

Give the guy a chance. Or maybe 78

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2012, 08:10:39 pm by Donnybax »
he hasnt got the pace to be a winger

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2012, 08:36:51 pm by dickos1 »
Oster has very rarely if ever played ouwide for us, and he has been quoted many times that he enjoyed his new role under sod, making us tick. The way we play now doesn't suit him, mainly because he can't tackle, harass and everything else Saunders wants them to do.
If he was playing for Blackpool now he'd still look good,

As for op diatta was only brought in as cover, and if plessis and Robert aren't ready for a relegation battle then Saunders can't throw them in. Puts away the rubbish about all mckays players getting straight in the side, which doncasterroversfc was whining about and now he's whining they're not getting a game.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2012, 08:40:00 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220025
Oster has very rarely if ever played ouwide for us, and he has been quoted many times that he enjoyed his new role under sod, making us tick. The way we play now doesn't suit him, mainly because he can't tackle, harass and everything else Saunders wants them to do.
If he was playing for Blackpool now he'd still look good,

As for op diatta was only brought in as cover, and if plessis and Robert aren't ready for a relegation battle then Saunders can't throw them in. Puts away the rubbish about all mckays players getting straight in the side, which doncasterroversfc was whining about and now he's whining they're not getting a game.

I just love a good whine... Not a good Wine though, thats for girls. Poofs drink ;)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2012, 08:53:30 pm by Lesonthewest »
When he played under Sean, & alongside Coppinger, his intelligence, passing & interplay was a joy to watch. He is no longer in a side that plays that way, so he needs to adapt, or in my opinion, lose his place in the team. But let's not write him off yet, he is still an excellent player.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 16, 2012, 08:56:30 pm by dickos1 »
Spot on, needs to change his game the only problem is the things he needs to start doing I don't think he can..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 16, 2012, 10:20:15 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=220025

I take your point about Diatta, but this week Saunders was talking about extending him, even though we have Martis and Bouhenna available, Beye back after the Leeds game and Diatta hasn't kicked a ball in anger while he's been here.

And if Plessis and Robert weren't ready for a relegation battle, what was the point of signing them? OK, I realise they will not be paid a king's ransom, but either we could save the money they're paid (thus reducing the defecit on our wage bill) or use the money to sign a loan player who would be ready to play. In the situation we find ourselves in, signing players \"for the future\" is futile.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 16, 2012, 10:41:37 pm by dickos1 »
I agree, if woods is injured then maybe plessis will be on show at elland rd.  diatta extension is good in my opinion, if any of centre halves get injured were struggling. Bouhenna can't be ready yet, and martis is massively injury prone.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 16, 2012, 11:58:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
At this critical stage of the season we cannot afford to let Martis anywhere near the first team.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2012, 08:29:30 am by The Red Baron »
I think it's a pity we didn't manage to move Martis on (along with others) in the transfer window, but as we've still got him I see little point in signing another fringe player. In any case, if Saunders thought Diatta was a better bet than Martis why was the latter and not the former on the bench the other night?

Notice no-one has referred to Giles Barnes. An odd one that- you give a bloke a contract to the end of the season and then leave him out. Unless he was going to play regularly he should have been down the road at the same time as Naylor.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012