Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:24:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Radio Sheffield  (Read 2558 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Radio Sheffield
« on March 14, 2012, 08:17:31 pm by ravenrover »
Did anyone else listen to Radio Sheffield for the last few minutes of the football programme after the match last night?
Following an interview with Danny Wilson was an interview with England cricketer Ravi Bopara, obviously a well known South Yorkshire man, followed by the run down to 10.00 with the goals from \"tonights games\".
We had the Torquay goal against Rotherham, we had the Colchester goal against Sheff Utd and then of course we had the \"fabulous\" goal by Sheff Utd followed by .........?

Well of course as you would expect from a local radio station covering the WHOLE of South Yorkshire, \"It's been coming for a while now\" yes you've guessed it the Reading goal Good Night!!!
We obviously didn't score last night, it was a phantom goal as far as those Dee Dah prats are concerned. :cry: :cry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Radio Sheffield
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2012, 08:23:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
You mean some Rovers fans STILL listen to that shite?!? Haven't we got our own radio station that covers us instead of having to listen to radio SHEFFIELD?

I came to the conclusion that Seth Bennett is a t**t so stopped listening.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2012, 08:54:29 pm by Townender »
I think you`ll find that they covered the game live last night.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2012, 08:58:57 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=226803
You mean some Rovers fans STILL listen to that shite?!? Haven't we got our own radio station that covers us instead of having to listen to radio SHEFFIELD?

many people on here have come to the conclusion that you are a t**t...... but it hasn't stopped you posting

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2012, 08:59:19 pm by timdrfc »
We heard that rubbish from radio Sheffield & turned to 5 live just in time to hear Dean Saunders live interview. We commented how much better they were than our supposed local radio station.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2012, 09:04:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"wilts rover\" post=226810

many people on here have come to the conclusion that you are a t**t...... but it hasn't stopped you posting

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  the 'many' people on here who think that clearly don't know me then so it doesn't bother me one bit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll not lose any sleep over it.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 14, 2012, 09:29:10 pm by donnyallday »
Radio Sheffield may cover the Rovers at times, usually A.M digital, which not many in Donny can get... and they know it but still go down that path, seems a higher division doesnt count though.

As for praise n grumble,BIAS AS FCUK, they try and box clever by throwing our name in the mix and inviting Rovers callers in BUT, they always try and start a main topic regarding Wednesday which between Wednesday and United  take up nearly the entire show.

Anybody other than a sheffielder who challenges the presenters about this gets Talked over with arrogance.

Moral is... fk em and dont tune in.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 14, 2012, 09:55:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I know exactly what Ravenrover is refering to and he is not wrong,
as the programme was closing they played the commentry on the goals scored by the  local teams  except Donny, they managed to play Readings equaliser and NOT our goal

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 14, 2012, 10:39:15 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=226824
I know exactly what Ravenrover is refering to and he is not wrong,
as the programme was closing they played the commentry on the goals scored by the  local teams  except Donny, they managed to play Readings equaliser and NOT our goal

I was surprised at that too, lost patience with Radio Deedar.:(

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 14, 2012, 10:51:21 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"Townender\" post=226809
I think you`ll find that they covered the game live last night.

On AM so more than half of Donny can't get a signal. They do not want to cover Championship games if they don't involve the two \"big\" teams.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2012, 06:38:39 am by jmt »
I can't get to night or away games, so it means a lot to people like me, to have the forest and reading game live was awesome, so big thumbs up from me.  However I do not like the attitude shown this season,towards our club by some of the presenters, they have slightly softened this of late though. I'm glad it's not just me who has thought this, I thought I was being over sensitive during our crappy run and the rest of the drfc saga.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2012, 10:55:58 pm by RobTheRover »
Filo and I had a bit of a barney with Seth over his endless matchmaking of Billy with every club he could think of.  Since Seth went freelance I think he's tried to make the news a bit rather than just report it, and Radio Sheffield is the poorer as a result.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2012, 12:16:39 am by DaveOfDonny »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=226812

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  the 'many' people on here who think that clearly don't know me then so it doesn't bother me one bit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now now children, play nice :laugh:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2012, 12:39:39 am by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"DaveOfDonny\" post=227029
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=226812

Now now children, play nice :laugh:

Wheres the fun in that? :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012