Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:09:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fabrice Muamba  (Read 3007 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Fabrice Muamba
« on March 17, 2012, 06:34:13 pm by Dare to dream! »
praying he is okay, collapsed on field, not breathing, electric shocks and cpr carried out on his way to hospital

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Fabrice Muamba
« Reply #1 on March 17, 2012, 10:00:58 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=227248
praying he is okay, collapsed on field, not breathing, electric shocks and cpr carried out on his way to hospital

Critically ill in intensive care I'm afraid. Fear the worst.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2012, 10:51:12 pm by hoolahoop »
Doesn't sound too good............pray that I'm wrong. Come on Fabrice please prove me wrong. :(

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2012, 10:56:29 pm by jucyberry »
He is only a baby, twenty three no age at all.. poor boy, if what they are reporting is right it is a terrible long time to be not breathing.. I hope he will be ok, His poor family must be beside themselves.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2012, 11:07:54 pm by Dare to dream! »
he is also a farther

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 18, 2012, 09:15:22 am by cmonyoureds »
wanna wish him all the best can remember watching a spanish game on tv when younger antonio puerta dying dont wanna see the same thing thoughts go to family team mate and everyone involved

WorcestershireDan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 18, 2012, 12:09:07 pm by WorcestershireDan »
Really puts everything in perspective does`nt it.. Hoping  it turns out well feel for his family

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 18, 2012, 12:35:52 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Nice to see the grief athletes come out in force. I blame Princess Diana. :dry:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 18, 2012, 07:43:27 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"Sheepskin Stu\" post=227358
Nice to see the grief athletes come out in force. I blame Princess Diana. :dry:

It amazes me how many non church goers start praying for people they don't know.

BTW I do hope he gets well, just not gonna pray for him as I am not religious.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 18, 2012, 10:30:37 pm by BobG »
Wo was that lad who died on the pitch (I think) about 10-15 years back? Did he play for Spurs? Damn good player he was. Young too.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 18, 2012, 10:53:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm sure he's a cracking lad, and it's a tragedy that he has ended up at death's door. I hope the lad gets better and I wouldn't wish what his family and close friends are going through on anyone.

But fcuking hell - two days of headline news over a footballer who is critically ill? Seems like we've lost our sense of proportion as a nation if we really think that this is the most important thing happening in the world at this moment. Article after article after article discussing who has made the most poignant 140 character comment on Twitter and which fans/players have shown how much they care. As though the lad's life and death struggle is some sort of reality show.

Plenty of 23 year olds have been struck down this weekend. This one fuses attention on the case for no other reason than that it happened live on TV. And because it happened on TV (although only a few hundred thousand were actually watching it), we go into a frenzy of public emotion.

When I make a time machine, I'm going to go back to 1960 and castrate Princess Diana's dad before he inseminates her mother. Thereby, I will save us all from this era that she led us into, of emotional incontinence when we all have to bare our souls in public and tell the world how much we feel for someone who we have never met, just because the media juggernaut has decided that he/she is this week's tear-jerker case.

EDIT: Stu/Nudga. Didn't read your posts before posting, but Amen bruvs.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 18, 2012, 10:55:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I Remember when David Longhurst died at half time at York. York's opponents that day were Lincoln City, who were also Bradford City's opponents when the fire occurred.

It was suggested that 'the Imps' change there demonic nickname after those events. Don't know if they did though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 18, 2012, 11:08:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=227441
I Remember when David Longhurst died at half time at York. York's opponents that day were Lincoln City, who were also Bradford City's opponents when the fire occurred.

It was suggested that 'the Imps' change there demonic nickname after those events. Don't know if they did though.

Aye. I remember that. And of course Nottingham Forest were the other side at Hillsborough in 1989. And forests are where goblins and ghouls hang out. Weren't they advised to change their name to Nottingham Well-Tended-Unthreatening-Commercial-Planatation-With-No-Undergrowth-To-House-Demonic-Beings after that?

And the opposition in the match of the Ibrox disaster in 1971? Glasgow Celtic. \"Glasgow\" sounds a bit like \"Gallow\" and Celtic play in hoops that look a bit like nooses. Really unpleasant, don't you think? But what can you expect from Feinian vermin like that what would swing nooses over the bodies of innocent kids?

And that plane what dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima. Enola Gay? Everybody knows that gays are paedos, and there were loads of kids who had the clothes burned off their bodies and ran about nuddy after the bombing just so dodgy middle-aged blokes could take pictures of them. f**king disgrace that the USAAF didn't think about how they would be feeling being bombed by a paedo-plane.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 18, 2012, 11:10:19 pm by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=227440

Plenty of 23 year olds have been struck down this weekend. This one fuses attention on the case for no other reason than that it happened live on TV.

I don't think this is quite true BST. It is the centre of attention in the media mainly because it happened to a high profile, well-known figure. Any top level footballer falls under that category in this day and age with what football has become.

Marc-Vivien Foe's death was the main story in the immediate aftermath of the event and that happened in a match in Africa that was not televised in this country. But he was a well known professional footballer who played in our leagues. A couple of years ago Phil O'Donnell died playing for Motherwell and whilst it wasn't the top headline, it was certainly a story covered on the various news channels that evening and in the days/weeks afterwards.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 18, 2012, 11:22:08 pm by BobG »
And that's the point RA. Why should any of them get headlines when Syrians are still dying aplenty, when the Borneo rainforest continues to be decimated by multinationals and the locals who need the jungle to survive are being hounded to extinction? I know the answer of course. And it's shameful.

And thanks for Marc-Vivien Foe's name. I really couldn't remember. And that's rather shameful too.

BobG

PS Billy: glad to say I was out of the country for both the wedding and the funeral of that cow. Missed the lot :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 19, 2012, 12:00:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=227452
And that's the point RA. Why should any of them get headlines when Syrians are still dying aplenty, when the Borneo rainforest continues to be decimated by multinationals and the locals who need the jungle to survive are being hounded to extinction? I know the answer of course. And it's shameful.

And thanks for Marc-Vivien Foe's name. I really couldn't remember. And that's rather shameful too.

BobG

PS Billy: glad to say I was out of the country for both the wedding and the funeral of that cow. Missed the lot :)

What do you suggest we should do to rectify this Bob? The way I see it is that we are possibly the most generous country in the world when it comes to supporting the people of other countries.

Why are we so wrong in supporting our own people?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 19, 2012, 10:18:53 am by jucyberry »
For me, it is the thought that he is younger than Adam. Young, ultra fit kids shouldn't just drop like a stone like that. Yes I do find it upsetting, just as I do when I read of any young person being struck down, because I think of my own children and how I would feel.. It isn't mawkish over sentimentality, it is being a mother.

I see no shame in that.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 19, 2012, 07:42:34 pm by donnyroversfc »
His heart is beating on its own again now and he's also talking according to a few sites on the web. Good to hear!

I doubt he'll play football at top level ever again (if at all) but thats not what matters,least he'll still have his life!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 19, 2012, 10:21:29 pm by Alickismyhero »
Its looking better all the time. He can already move his arms and legs, He's off the ventilator and talking to his family. Great news! I wouldn't write his come back off just yet.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 20, 2012, 06:11:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Alickismyhero\" post=227639
Its looking better all the time. He can already move his arms and legs

He should be fine to play football again then. John McGinley played half a dozen league matches for us 20 years back and he could barely move his arms and legs.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 20, 2012, 07:14:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
I'm sure he's a cracking lad, and it's a tragedy that he has ended up at death's door. I hope the lad gets better and I wouldn't wish what his family and close friends are going through on anyone.

But fcuking hell - two days of headline news over a footballer who is critically ill? Seems like we've lost our sense of proportion as a nation if we really think that this is the most important thing happening in the world at this moment. Article after article after article discussing who has made the most poignant 140 character comment on Twitter and which fans/players have shown how much they care. As though the lad's life and death struggle is some sort of reality show.

Plenty of 23 year olds have been struck down this weekend. This one fuses attention on the case for no other reason than that it happened live on TV. And because it happened on TV (although only a few hundred thousand were actually watching it), we go into a frenzy of public emotion.

When I make a time machine, I'm going to go back to 1960 and castrate Princess Diana's dad before he inseminates her mother. Thereby, I will save us all from this era that she led us into, of emotional incontinence when we all have to bare our souls in public and tell the world how much we feel for someone who we have never met, just because the media juggernaut has decided that he/she is this week's tear-jerker case.

god you really are an insensitive Kitson

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2012, 10:27:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=227760

god you really are an insensitive cu*t

I may well be, but you'll struggle to find anything in that post to back up that assertion. You appear to be confusing \"sensitivity\" with \"a need to engage in a massive public display of emotion\". Check your dictionary - they are not identical.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012