Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:39:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The boo boys  (Read 5199 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
The boo boys
« on April 09, 2012, 05:59:23 pm by RobTheRover »
The booing today when Oster was coming on caused one or two flashpoints in the stands.

For me, this was less a go at Oster and more a go at Saunders.  It's a game we need to get something from, there's a handful of minutes left, and swapping one midfielder (who got the sponsors' MOTM award) for another was never going to put Burnley under enough pressure.  Taking a defender off and throwing another body up top was what a lot of the fans around me wanted to see, and to have a go and maybe concede on the break would have been preferable than going out with a whimper.

Well played to all the lads today. Heart and determination and above all TEAMWORK were back today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: The boo boys
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 06:03:38 pm by Red Rover »
Yeh I agree, I doubt it was aimed at any player. Fans dont seem to have a problem with the old-guard players, it will have been directed at Super Dean

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 06:07:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'd say well played to all the lads too...apart from Lockwood and Barnes  :facepalm:

wilko_rover

« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 06:07:29 pm by wilko_rover »
oster isnt and hasnt been good enough all season. S.O.D. made the mistake of keeping him for one year too many. he is one of the old guard players we could get shut of and nobody would lose any sleep because he isnt good enough.

at least saunders got the starting eleven right today , which is one of the few things he has got right all season.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 06:08:12 pm by donnyroversfc »
It was definitely booing the sub and not Oster himself. It sounded bad though tbf, as good as Robert did today, nobody knows the reason why DS subbed him, maybe he's struggling fitness wise.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 06:08:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No the Oster booing's a joke and is aimed at the player.  There's a section near me that boo him every single game, no need for it, it wasn't the right sub IMO but then OSter should have been on for Stock, not Barnes.

But I suppose since Wilson left (who these same 'fans' used to boo) then they need a new scapegoat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 06:09:38 pm by dickos1 »
Oster has been booed at every game recently when he has come on and cheered when he's been brought off, so I'd guess that today was no different.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 06:12:08 pm by Donnylass »
People round us were deffinately booing Oster. Comments like 'Sit back down Oster', 'You're crap Oster'.

Got to admit it did seem a bit of a strange sub as Robert had been one of the better players on the pitch. I enjoyed the game today and hope they carry on this way till end of season. Glad the lads got clapped at the end. Looking forward to next season now, after watching that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2012, 06:12:30 pm by RedJ »
is it me though or does it only seem to happen when Oster comes on?.. I think it's a disgrace booing someone before they even come on. I'd love him to get booed to f**k one game as he comes on then go and have an absolute stormer to shut people up.

edit: so it isn't just me!

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2012, 06:16:20 pm by redrover19 »
i booed the substitution, it was not aimed at Oster directly but at the absolute blind stupidness of our " glorious " manager to bring a midfielder on with 5 minutes to go and not the striker sat next to him

pubteam

« Reply #10 on April 09, 2012, 06:17:02 pm by pubteam »
I'm no fan of Oster, but booing him is really poor. I can't see that it serves any purpose whatsoever.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2012, 06:19:34 pm by Red wizard »
I sit in west stand and it was deffo Oster and was bang out of order. Didn't hear any saunders out though today. Bagayoko should of been brought on imo, he started doing o0k and then got dropped for Piqq.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2012, 07:01:23 pm by mushRTID »
I didnt think this was up for debate. It is absolutly aimed at Oster and has happened the last 3 times he has come off the bench.

It is an absolute disgrace.

For what its worth. i think Oster could be a good player for us in L1.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2012, 07:13:25 pm by goalkick »
would have sooner seen oster on when stock went off ,barnes is useless in midfield.every thing slowed down when he had the ball.  thoght some of the old guard tried their best today but fear some of them will not be good enough in div1

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2012, 07:23:51 pm by RobTheRover »
I didnt think this was up for debate. It is absolutly aimed at Oster and has happened the last 3 times he has come off the bench.

Yes, I know JO has been booed in previous games, which is deplorable, but this didnt seem the same at all.  This was definitely a pop at Saunders' tactical error (in the eyes of the fans).   

I'll try to explain it in the style of Dean Saunders......

If you are playing pontoon and you cards add up to 13, but you know the other bloke has 17 because you can see his hand reflected on Jimmy O'C's shiny pate, do you stick because you dont want to bust or do you twist and risk busting?

;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2012, 07:52:42 pm by hoolahoop »
Clever analogy Rob and that's just the problem we've had to put up with both DS and SO'D

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2012, 07:57:49 pm by Wellred »
Do any of you buggers actually watch the game or are you too busy trying to find fault with everything DS does or says.
If you had been watching it appeared that Robert was struggling with cramp at one point. Did it not occur to any of you that Robert might have been knackered?
No of course not.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2012, 07:59:53 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
oster isnt and hasnt been good enough all season. S.O.D. made the mistake of keeping him for one year too many. he is one of the old guard players we could get shut of and nobody would lose any sleep because he isnt good enough.

at least saunders got the starting eleven right today , which is one of the few things he has got right all season.

Out of the old guard he is one of the few that has any quality whatsoever and booing him was a f**king disgrace

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2012, 11:37:56 pm by donnyroversfc »
Do any of you buggers actually watch the game or are you too busy trying to find fault with everything DS does or says.
If you had been watching it appeared that Robert was struggling with cramp at one point. Did it not occur to any of you that Robert might have been knackered?
No of course not.

Yes, as i wrote in my previous pst, maybe Robert was struggling fitness wise? Not sure i agree with the player he subbed him for though, Bagayoko seemed the best option for me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2012, 12:14:17 am by Filo »

Yes, I know JO has been booed in previous games, which is deplorable, but this didnt seem the same at all.  This was definitely a pop at Saunders' tactical error (in the eyes of the fans).   

I'll try to explain it in the style of Dean Saunders......

If you are playing pontoon and you cards add up to 13, but you know the other bloke has 17 because you can see his hand reflected on Jimmy O'C's shiny pate, do you stick because you dont want to bust or do you twist and risk busting?

;)

I disagree Rob the booing started before the 4th official raised the board to signal who was coming off, it was definitely aimed at Oster, the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves! 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2012, 12:48:07 am by RobTheRover »
OK, I didnt notice that.  Then its outrageous.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2012, 05:37:19 pm by ravenrover »
Agree with Filo the booing started the minute JO took his top off and moved to the side of the pitch. Don't agree with it myself but on the other hand JO has not been up to his previous standard since the Hull (away) game.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2012, 06:14:10 pm by lee.j09 »
i booed more aimed at the substitution. to then be told by a fan further back i was a disgrace, you should never boo your team.

i shouldnt have to pay £300 and odd a season to watch that shower of shite was my reply

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2012, 06:27:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
i booed more aimed at the substitution. to then be told by a fan further back i was a disgrace, you should never boo your team.

i shouldnt have to pay £300 and odd a season to watch that shower of shite was my reply

You dont pay £300 though to watch the substitutions though.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2012, 06:35:13 pm by DonnyNoel »
I've said previously there seem to be a few too many fans enjoying our predicament at the moment and looking for any chance to abuse a player. There was an instance yesterday when JOC got caught up field and Copps made back 40 yards to slide tackle a player and win the ball. Less than 5 minutes later Copps got the ball in an advanced position and stopped to check his options to be greeted with the cry from a teenager behind me "cross it in you lazy tosser".

Not to mention the booing when we have the temerity to pass it sideways to wait for a better option. I'm happy for all players to be slagged off to high heaven on here (a lot have had 1-3 years of praise!) but I don't see the point in not getting behind them on the day. Whether the player was signed by SOD, DP or DS I really don't think there are many players who aren't putting a shift in. If/when we go down it will be through good honest shitness.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012