Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:56:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders  (Read 8619 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Saunders
« on April 09, 2012, 07:46:45 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Reckons we still have a chance of staying up
 and whole team is injured

complaining because burnley had one extra days recovery

and diouf, piquionne and chimbonda have pulled their hamstrings

and ikeme injured as we'll

according to interview with sky

http://m.skysports.com/article/football/yourclub/7662098?compid=416&teamid=397

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 07:48:12 pm by Mr1Croft »
"The whole team's injured," he said. "I don't know how it's fair that we can have a day to recover where Burnley have two.
"I've got some players where, if they game was tomorrow, they might have been all right.
"Carl Ikeme has torn a ligament in his big toe, (Pascal) Chimbonda's torn his hamstring, (Frederic) Piquionne pulled his hamstring at Leicester, (El-Hadji) Diouf pulled his hamstring at Leicester.
"Habib Beye's got an ankle (injury) that he's been playing with and he couldn't play because of the swelling not going down - if the game had been tomorrow he might have been all right.
"Five of our better players are injured and, if you include Shelton Martis, Paul Keegan and Martin Woods, we've got a full team there that might have got a starting spot.
"We had a run of games Saturday, Tuesday, Friday and playing Leicester has finished a few of them off.
"It's an accumulation of having tired on top of tired and having to scrap for points. Eventually something's got to give."
 "We're not going to give up. We don't need snookers yet but we're not far off. We've got four games left, but we've still got a chance of staying in the Championship - a slight chance."

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 07:56:50 pm by BobG »
The bloke is making me sick now. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I know, we all know, that we got injuries. But we had injuries way before your time oh gobby one and no one moaned about it back then as much as you do now. And anyway, when you arrived here you said, very loudly, that there were way too many injuries and you were going to fix that pronto. What happened eh shyster?

I'm sick of this clown. Sick of him and sick of his thug mate too. And tbh, I'm sick of JR allowing his ambition to run way beyond his capabilities too. That's exactly what's at the root of all this.

BobG

wilko_rover

« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 08:04:45 pm by wilko_rover »
nothing is ever dean saunders fault.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 08:04:52 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Someone please tell saunders we are going down, i'm too am sick of hearing him say "we've got a chance" it's f*****g embarrassing.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2012, 08:07:41 pm by mushRTID »
Is Dean Saunders the only person who thinks we can stay up?

The man is deluded.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2012, 08:11:52 pm by WBDRFC »
The bloke is making me sick now. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I know, we all know, that we got injuries. But we had injuries way before your time oh gobby one and no one moaned about it back then as much as you do now. And anyway, when you arrived here you said, very loudly, that there were way too many injuries and you were going to fix that pronto. What happened eh shyster?

I'm sick of this clown. Sick of him and sick of his thug mate too. And tbh, I'm sick of JR allowing his ambition to run way beyond his capabilities too. That's exactly what's at the root of all this.

BobG

I agree that we've had injuries before, and it's not a good enough excuse now, but please don't pretend none of these excuses about injuries was not rolled out before Saunders arrived. Remember John Ryan trying to get the away game at Norwich postponed last year because of injuries? John Ryan did look a bit foolish that day. Many Rovers fans used it as an excuse for the team's poor performance in the last 9 months under SO'D.

Sometimes it looks like people have totally obliterated the pre-Saunders era from their memories.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2012, 08:21:57 pm by BobG »
OK WBD. Yes. I forgot about JR's use of the cliche. The point I was trying to make though was slightly different. Whilst SOD did mention injuries, of course he did, he didn't trumpet them from the rooftops 7 days a week. Now, maybe the Welsh muppet is right in saying he's been hamstrung by injuries. But why does he feel the need to make excuses all the time? Surely his employer, and indeed the supporters of his team, know it already?!

The bloke has got verbal diarrohea.

BobG

pubteam

« Reply #8 on April 09, 2012, 08:29:39 pm by pubteam »
In fairness to DS, wasn't he just explaining who was injured to answer the question of why the team showed so many changes, rather than using it as an excuse? That's how I read it. Perhaps I was mistaken.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2012, 08:32:11 pm by hoolahoop »
OK WBD. Yes. I forgot about JR's use of the cliche. The point I was trying to make though was slightly different. Whilst SOD did mention injuries, of course he did, he didn't trumpet them from the rooftops 7 days a week. Now, maybe the Welsh muppet is right in saying he's been hamstrung by injuries. But why does he feel the need to make excuses all the time? Surely his employer, and indeed the supporters of his team, know it already?!

The bloke has got verbal diarrohea.

BobG

It's getting tedious I agree Bob, for what it's worth heare's a message for Dean :-

WE ARE GOING DOWN DESPITE YOUR EXCUSES, COMPLAINTS AND SUPPOSED EXPERIENCE OK.

However we will be back if we can get rid of you and your mates pronto and I mean pronto.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2012, 08:34:17 pm by Red Rover »
He's a comedian in a benchcoat!

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2012, 08:36:18 pm by Red Rover »
"Carl Ikeme has torn a ligament in his big toe"

That is hilarious! Doesn't even sound like a real injury!

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2012, 08:36:32 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I think VSC members and the whole fanbase deserve an explanation from Mr Ryan. Can Martin or Rob get a meeting with JR to discuss our concerns? This situation is absolutley shoddy and our fans deserve so much better. I'm completely f**king fed up of the lack of transparency in this whole charade.

The whole board need to be brought to account. Us fans are the lifeblood of this club. We are being taken for fools.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2012, 08:47:16 pm by dickos1 »
He was asked the question why so many changes, what did you want him to do? Lie.
As for staying up every manager would say its still possible while it's mathematically possible.
He knows deep down we're not staying up but if he came out and said yes we're down, people would still come on here and moan.
It's a joke on here, calling him a muppet, slagging Ryan off, some of you need to get a grip. If jr does have enough what happens then?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2012, 08:48:22 pm by mushRTID »

Ha ha, exactly what I thought.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2012, 08:53:11 pm by Donnylass »
Yes we're a game from relegation, but what do you really expect the man to say. If he doesn't try to stay positive what really is the point of even going out on the pitch.
I listen to him, but because from the start I have tried to give him a chance, and don't seem to have total loathing for the man, not everything he says grates on me as it seems to on many of you.
And for those who want to see everything he says as wrong will find it - as in the fact that he answered a question on todays team.
He is only one man in our club and can't be blamed for everything as S Stu says we need more information about everything that goes on in the club as a whole.
I for one hope he is here next season and given a fair chance.  :rtid:

P.s Loving the ignore button  :thumbsup:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2012, 08:54:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »

you beat me to it

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2012, 10:25:26 pm by Capmeister »
Even Tommy Wright at Chesterfield said they knew they were down and they won 4-0!

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2012, 10:36:24 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
I would actually have more respect for Saunders if he said, ''Yep, that's that, we're down now, the players need to show me in the last 4 games there good enough for a new contract.''

Something like that would be better than saying we have a chance when we clearly don't.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2012, 10:37:10 pm by BigH »
Reached a humiliating stage for this fella now

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2012, 10:40:56 pm by VixDRFC »
He was asked the question why so many changes, what did you want him to do? Lie.

Sounds like he has already tbh - did he not make an excuse for Ilunga as well

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2012, 10:42:26 pm by hoolahoop »

That is hilarious! Doesn't even sound like a real injury
!

Fookin hilarious and says it all.......get this fool out NOW please JR.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2012, 10:44:28 pm by phil o sophical »
I used to cringe at some of SOD's interviews (when i could hear what he was saying) and i'm not pro or anti Dean Saunders (but to be honest after the season we've had i'm not sure whether i feel i've been drilled,bored or countersunk) but cut the crap Dean, fixture congestion, injuries, 2 longish away trips on the bounce( i thought they travelled by coach,didn't realised they walked there). Same applies to every other team

We are going down because other teams we play against score more goals than we do. We are not good enough and haven't been for a while

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2012, 10:55:25 pm by ditch_drfc »
The lot of you are so unnecessarily harsh on Saunders. It's like you expect him to say every possible combination of words in order to satisfy you all.

It's staggering that you're actually annoyed by his positivity, that he says we can still get out of relegation. What do want him to say? If you want him to say we're relegated, when's the right point to start saying that? Should he have said it after the Leeds match? Maybe Milwall? Or Southampton? Probably the best point to start saying that is WHEN WE'RE ACTUALLY f**kING RELEGATED. Give the guy a break!!!!!!!!!

And Bob G, what does him being Welsh have to do with anything? Perhaps try answering that without another one of your cryptic clues.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2012, 10:55:36 pm by donnyroversfc »
They've all caught ImPlayingForMyselfAndMcKayNotTheClubitis... I heard thats going around at the minute. Don't worry too much though, apparently good, honest people cant catch it, so majoirty of us should be safe (I'm definitely immune from the illness).

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2012, 11:08:11 pm by hoolahoop »
The lot of you are so unnecessarily harsh on Saunders. It's like you expect him to say every possible combination of words in order to satisfy you all.

It's staggering that you're actually annoyed by his positivity, that he says we can still get out of relegation. What do want him to say? If you want him to say we're relegated, when's the right point to start saying that? Should he have said it after the Leeds match? Maybe Milwall? Or Southampton? Probably the best point to start saying that is WHEN WE'RE ACTUALLY f***ING RELEGATED. Give the guy a break!!!!!!!!!

And Bob G, what does him being Welsh have to do with anything? Perhaps try answering that without another one of your cryptic clues.

Look Saunders was an excellent player but never a manager of a soon to be relegated Championship team. The fact that he is Welsh is irrelevant and is the only valid point in your post .......the man is inept, has assisted in splitting not only our team but also it's supporters right down the middle. that was and is still inexcusable.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2012, 11:09:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
The whole thing's a joke.  And clearly not a funny one.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2012, 11:12:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
Problem is... none of these McKay players have the bottle for a fight... isn;t it funny how most apparently left before the game kicked off.  That in itself speaks volumes.  We will not see Diouf again in a Rovers shirt.

Today was looking at next season, when we *may* actually have a decent squad for the tier below.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2012, 11:18:34 pm by hoolahoop »
Problem is... none of these McKay players have the bottle for a fight... isn;t it funny how most apparently left before the game kicked off.  That in itself speaks volumes We will not see Diouf again in a Rovers shirt.

Today was looking at next season, when we *may* actually have a decent squad for the tier below.

That's probably the reason why they (or most of them) are not regular players elsewhere

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 09, 2012, 11:36:24 pm by dickos1 »

It's staggering that you're actually annoyed by his positivity, that he says we can still get out of relegation. What do want him to say? If you want him to say we're relegated, when's the right point to start saying that? Should he have said it after the Leeds match? Maybe Milwall? Or Southampton? Probably the best point to start saying that is WHEN WE'RE ACTUALLY f***ING RELEGATED. Give the guy a break!!!!!!!!!

Look Saunders was an excellent player but never a manager of a soon to be relegated Championship team. The fact that he is Welsh is irrelevant and is the only valid point in your post .......the man is inept, has assisted in splitting not only our team but also it's supporters right down the middle. that was and is still inexcusable.

Not sure how it's his fault that the supporters are divided on him, many supporters were also divided on sod. That's what happens.
From day one though some people haven't given Saunders a chance, even after we beat palace in his first game people were on here moaning about the performance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012