Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:35:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Press conference  (Read 4447 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Press conference
« on April 09, 2012, 10:37:42 pm by mushRTID »
Read on twitter something about Saunders walking out of a press conference after a question from a reporter about a McKay statue. Anyone know anything more on this?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Press conference
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2012, 10:39:17 pm by Chris »
The interview is on Rovers Player. I wouldn't say that he walked out because of this but I did get the impression that the reporter asking the question was taking the piss out of the club and our situation.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2012, 10:41:08 pm by mushRTID »
Fair enough il have a look tomorrow.

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2012, 10:57:37 pm by Mr Brightside »
Well I did get the impression he walked out because of the question and who can blame him for that?

The question was asked to provoke DS and instead of reacting he said something about it getting silly now and left.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2012, 11:17:34 pm by donnyroversfc »
Good job i wasn't the one asking the questions, i reckon he'd have done more than walk out. Mainly sticking up for his mate though, i wouldn't have give him personally too much of a hard time.

Is Mr McKay doing any interviews or is he still hiding away from his laughably poor strategy? The silence from the club tells you all you need to know.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2012, 12:39:40 am by retford rover »
 I was in the press conference, and Dean had virtually come to the end of his interviews,  about 8 minutes in, the question was asked tongue in cheek by  a red top newspaper journalist, who has known Dean a long time, dean took it in the context it was meant light heartidly, and replied no comment smiled and walked out, not because of the question, but as i said the interview had finished anyway...... a cheeky question and cheeky response..... :scarf: :scarf:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2012, 12:45:19 am by dickos1 »
He also stated he hasn't put one brick in place yet of what he wants to achieve. The McKay players were short term and won't be here next year.
He will re build in the summer

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2012, 12:46:41 am by Chris »
He also stated he hasn't put one brick in place yet of what he wants to achieve. The McKay players were short term and won't be here next year.

We've been told by JR that due to the loss of the four board members, DRFC will still use McKay's players next season.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2012, 12:55:48 am by ScillyRover »

He hasn't put one brick in place ? ?. No, he's just brought the whole house tumbling down !
He should admit his failings and get out so the club can begin to rebuild.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2012, 12:57:18 am by dickos1 »
He may mean players like diouf, chimbonda won't be here. If they change tact and bring young hungry players in like Robert, then I think that's a much better strategy.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2012, 01:01:59 am by donnyroversfc »
He may mean players like diouf, chimbonda won't be here. If they change tact and bring young hungry players in like Robert, then I think that's a much better strategy.

As long as it's not McKay bringing the players in or being involved at the club.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2012, 08:23:49 am by grayx »

We've been told by JR that due to the loss of the four board members, DRFC will still use McKay's players next season.
[/quote]

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2012, 08:31:34 am by Wellred »
Can I ask what we have done differently to many other clubs in bringing in players on loan?

Or is it just because one individual has been involved?

I really would like to know why certain posters dislike Willie McKay so much. If you are one of these haters can you explain your reasons SENSIBLY and not the idiot comments with no reasoning such as those from donnyroversfc

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2012, 12:28:03 pm by RobTheRover »
All users.

Forum moderators have had to take down certain comments on this thread as they were potentially libellous and would get the poster into serious trouble.  A complaint was made, and the post (and any others which commented about it) were removed immediately.

Can we please remind users that this is not the wild west, and in the eyes of the law you cannot go shooting from the hip.  Please keep posts factual or state they are opinion.  Lies made just to damage someone's character will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2012, 12:41:10 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Nothing like the threat of legal action to focus the mind.  :ermm:

Stay strong Rob.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2012, 01:39:10 pm by goalkick »
well done rob some people on here are unbelievable,

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2012, 01:47:13 pm by Filo »
All users.

Forum moderators have had to take down certain comments on this thread as they were potentially libellous and would get the poster into serious trouble.  A complaint was made, and the post (and any others which commented about it) were removed immediately.

Can we please remind users that this is not the wild west, and in the eyes of the law you cannot go shooting from the hip.  Please keep posts factual or state they are opinion.  Lies made just to damage someone's character will not be tolerated.

Thank you.

I`d like to add to Robs comment and say that sometimes there may not be any moderators online to take any such comments down swiftly, users need to realise that they are fully responsible for what they post. This poster was lucky that there was a mod about, others may not be so lucky

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2012, 02:02:07 pm by donnyroversfc »
I wondered what happened to a few of the posts, thought i'd ended up being put on ignore so posts disappeared.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2012, 02:11:42 pm by Filo »
I wondered what happened to a few of the posts, thought i'd ended up being put on ignore so posts disappeared.

Well I have n`t ignored you, I may disagree on some of the things you post but sometimes I see things you post and agree with you, like I`ve noticed you`re not on the Saunders out bandwagon and recognise that he needs to be given a pre season and time to build a team. I have to admit the short term strategy has been a failure and you were right about some things, however I believe that JR had little choice but to go with the strategy when the other directors jumped ship, do I regret him trying it? not one bit! he took a chance and it failed, thats life and we move on, hopefully together!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2012, 02:15:57 pm by donnyroversfc »

Well I have n`t ignored you, I may disagree on some of the things you post but sometimes I see things you post and agree with you, like I`ve noticed you`re not on the Saunders out bandwagon and recognise that he needs to be given a pre season and time to build a team. I have to admit the short term strategy has been a failure and you were right about some things, however I believe that JR had little choice but to go with the strategy when the other directors jumped ship, do I regret him trying it? not one bit! he took a chance and it failed, thats life and we move on, hopefully together!

I think i was very unfair on Saunders at some parts of the season, but that was blinkered because of my Anti-McKay views.

I realised that Saunders is working with his hands tied behind his back right now and so it's unfair to judge him at this stage. Hopefully Saunders does prove to be a success.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012