Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:51:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps doesnt like the Mckay plan  (Read 9163 times)

Donnybax

• Forum Member
Re: Copps doesnt like the Mckay plan
« Reply #30 on April 10, 2012, 06:27:18 pm by Donnybax »
I will ask him, only lives 30mts away.
can you ask him to run at players a bit more too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 10, 2012, 06:39:24 pm by Red Rover »
Copps wont like it, none of them will have. I was speaking to one of the starting eleven the other day who I know and he said it has been a f**king nightmare and a shambles of a season!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 10, 2012, 06:45:19 pm by mjdgreg »
Copps wont like it, none of them will have. I was speaking to one of the starting eleven the other day who I know and he said it has been a f**king nightmare and a shambles of a season!

You do realise that you will be shot down in flames and will be accused of making it up unless you do the unforgivable and name the player. Even if you did, you still wouldn't be believed. There's a lot of people with their heads in the sand.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 10, 2012, 07:13:56 pm by Red Rover »

You do realise that you will be shot down in flames and will be accused of making it up unless you do the unforgivable and name the player. Even if you did, you still wouldn't be believed. There's a lot of people with their heads in the sand.

Yeh exactly, I'm not going to release the name of the bloke because it was said in confidence, but I'm not lying, he told me and I'm afraid I'm certainly not lying. It appears Saunders doesn't quite have the dressing room, but that's just going off one players views.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 10, 2012, 07:18:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yes I seen his cryptic messages on twitter and of course people will put two and two together so why not have a private chat with Saunders or JR if he has concerns?

People want their club back?

I want a little bit more maturity and honesty and if there are issues get them sorted not celebrate in two camps or be at the opposite side of dressing room (witnessed with my own eyes).

The contracted players are as bad as the French in this regard and need their heads knocking together!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 10, 2012, 07:31:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Had some of the players performed they wouldn't have been dropped simple as that.  They failed to perform and didn't like it when they got some harsh truths.  Saunders went too far IMO in the squad culling, however at least he tried to change a failing side.  Nobody likes being shunted out when they're not performing but those that survive and succeed are those that take that challenge, how many of our squad have done that?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 10, 2012, 07:35:44 pm by Filo »
This goes back to something SoD alluded to towards the end of last season, too many of the "old Guard" or whatever you like to call them, were in the comfort zone, players in the comfort zone tend to take it easier than those who fear their place in the team is in jeopardy

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 10, 2012, 08:29:48 pm by Jonathan »
If Wild Rover does indeed get the truth out of Copps then I'm afraid I don't think it will be posted on here - nor should it be.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 10, 2012, 09:47:32 pm by wilts rover »
He has played a major part in getting our team relegated, he should be flamin annoyed, I am at having to pay to watch him. He has had a great Rovers career but sorry I am with Filo on this one. We need to have some young and hungry players next season and at the same time cut the wage bill. Copps would be near the top of my list to let go- as he has wanted to the past 2 seasons - ask him the truth about that whilst you are at it.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 10, 2012, 10:07:51 pm by Jonathan »
The truth is that he has not wanted to go for the last 2 years. Had he wanted to go then he would've gone when he spoke to Ipswich in the summer.

He is still a top player but has not been used in the most effective way this season, I think it's fair to say he's not been the happiest without saying any more. He is only human, and you can't just generate spirit by picking up money - it comes from within the workplace.

He proved on Saturday he can still play, he was involved in everything positive when he came on and set up the goal.

He may well go in the summer but we'll miss him in our team. We will struggle to replace him with anyone close to that ability.

pubteam

« Reply #40 on April 10, 2012, 10:10:35 pm by pubteam »
I thought he was class on Monday. Proved that he still has an awful lot to offer to the Rovers. Hopefully he's not too cheesed off to stay with the club next year.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 10, 2012, 10:11:56 pm by Filo »
He has played a major part in getting our team relegated, he should be flamin annoyed, I am at having to pay to watch him. He has had a great Rovers career but sorry I am with Filo on this one. We need to have some young and hungry players next season and at the same time cut the wage bill. Copps would be near the top of my list to let go- as he has wanted to the past 2 seasons - ask him the truth about that whilst you are at it.

My comment was a general one and not aimed at any particular player

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 10, 2012, 10:26:31 pm by wilts rover »

My comment was a general one and not aimed at any particular player

Nor was mine actually. As I have said on previous posts, I wouldn't keep Coppinger, Stock or O'Conner, and imo these are the players O'Driscoll was referring to and who have let us down the most these past 18 months. We need to cut a lot of money from the wage bill and I would start with the high earners.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 10, 2012, 10:48:26 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Don't be surprised if Wild Rover doesn't post his conversation with Copps. When you have insider information it is crucial that you protect your source and that the information is used at the appropriate time. Wild Rover somewhat naively thinks it's just as simple as asking Copps and he will get a straight answer that will not compromise Copps.

Hopefully he will be told on 'the quiet' and will keep the information to himself only to be used when it won't harm the player concerned. All I was doing was giving a taster of all the vitriol that is going to come out in the future. It would be better to get it all out in the open now and have done with it and move on ready for next season.

That's all well and good, but once the players cross the white line, they have to take responsibility too.

Based on their commitment and attitude from the start of the season, I wouldn't trust the likes of Barnes, Bennett & Oster to lock my house, without dropping the key down the nearest drain....

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 11, 2012, 12:53:36 am by tuffty »
Take it from me that none of the old guard were for the McKay plan. They all thought Saunders was clueless. It got to such a point that Saunders virtually handed over responsibility for strategy and team selection when we played well and beat Barnsley to an unnamed player (I know who it is but don't want to cause him any grief).

Come on then don't just come out with a statement like that and expect us to just belive it!!!!! WHo was it cos to me that sounds like complete utter b*llocks.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 11, 2012, 03:22:13 am by RoversAlias »
We really do have a unique set of fans. Now I find that some of them can even read minds!!
What are we going to have next?

:lol:

Well said Wellred!

I saw Gary Woods in town today with a girl on his arm. I could tell from the look in his eyes however that he too hates this whole Willie McKay mess and is thoroughly disappointed with how the season has turned out under Dean Saunders.*

*Some of this statement may not be true.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 11, 2012, 10:36:37 am by mjdgreg »
Come on then don't just come out with a statement like that and expect us to just belive it!!!!! WHo was it cos to me that sounds like complete utter b*llocks.

What is it that you don't understand about protecting the source of 'insider' information? You'd make a rubbish investigative reporter.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 11, 2012, 10:39:01 am by mjdgreg »
We're still waiting Wild Rover.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 11, 2012, 10:42:25 am by WBDRFC »
Take it from me that none of the old guard were for the McKay plan. They all thought Saunders was clueless. It got to such a point that Saunders virtually handed over responsibility for strategy and team selection when we played well and beat Barnsley to an unnamed player (I know who it is but don't want to cause him any grief).

It really isn't anything new. The same thing happened under SO'D. It seems at least one player thinks he is better than the manager - whoever the manager is.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 11, 2012, 10:49:38 am by mjdgreg »
It really isn't anything new. The same thing happened under SO'D. It seems at least one player thinks he is better than the manager - whoever the manager is.

In this instance it was Saunders who asked the player to 'take charge'.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 11, 2012, 10:51:32 am by WBDRFC »

And under SO'D do you think he launched a coup and did it without the manager's permission?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 11, 2012, 12:45:07 pm by Wild Rover »

Did same player take charge the following game, because changes were minimal, just reversal of score.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 11, 2012, 03:09:55 pm by mjdgreg »
Did same player take charge the following game, because changes were minimal, just reversal of score.

I'll answer that question if you tell us what Copps said. I notice you've gone very quiet on that one.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 11, 2012, 03:56:32 pm by Wild Rover »
I don't haunt or stalk him. When i see him i will ask.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 11, 2012, 04:01:32 pm by Filo »
I don't haunt or stalk him. When i see him i will ask.

Nip round for a cup of sugar or summat! :-D

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 11, 2012, 04:08:17 pm by mjdgreg »

I'm not saying whether he did or didn't but I think you'll find that we got a creditable 0-0 draw against high flying Cardiff in our next Championship game.

To strengthen my case, if you look at the game before the Barnsley one we got beat 4-1 with 5 McKay outfield players. In the depths of despair the unnamed player was asked to  'take control' for the Barnsley game. With only one McKay outfield player we gave them a good beating and played well. Unfortunately Saunders started to interfere again shortly afterwards and started playing the McKay players again thus destroying the emerging team spirit once again.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 11, 2012, 04:13:32 pm by Jonathan »
I think people should forget any suggestion of posting what Copps says (if he gives an honest assessment). To do so would be wrong and a breach of his confidence.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 11, 2012, 04:33:05 pm by drfcsteve »

Young and hungry players like Bennett?! I'm sorry but on Monday Copps showed his class and was involved in everything, including getting the assist for the goal. Bennett did absolutely nothing in the first half and I'm not really sure why Saunders started him ahead of Copps in the first place.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 11, 2012, 04:40:39 pm by Filo »

Young and hungry players like Bennett?! I'm sorry but on Monday Copps showed his class and was involved in everything, including getting the assist for the goal. Bennett did absolutely nothing in the first half and I'm not really sure why Saunders started him ahead of Copps in the first place.

I`ll agree with all of that

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 11, 2012, 05:06:14 pm by tuffty »

What is it that you don't understand about protecting the source of 'insider' information? You'd make a rubbish investigative reporter.

What is it that you don't understand about just being a fan !

Investigative reporter!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a fcuking life man!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012