Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:58:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Transfer policy  (Read 3934 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Transfer policy
« on April 13, 2012, 06:09:01 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Considering after how this seasons gone

wouldnt you think acquiring a few gems such as Fabien Robert should be seen as a good thing but has beens such as Diouf i dont feel we should go down that road again of getting 30+ players.

and could potentially help us return to the championship with Willy Mckay
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:15:38 pm by roverstillidie91 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Transfer policy
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2012, 06:10:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you're saying?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2012, 06:19:56 pm by RedJ »
I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you're saying?

that we should use this method to bring in the next whoever, and drop the bringing in cheapies like Dioufy side of the plan

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2012, 06:23:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
I couldn't care less who we sign and what age they are aslong as they are 1)good 2)commited to the cause and 3)not signed on through some plan with Willie McKay just so he can line his own pocket.

I can forgive John Ryan for making mistakes, but i wont forgive him if he makes the same mistake twice.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2012, 06:26:53 pm by Wellred »
I couldn't care less who we sign and what age they are aslong as they are 1)good 2)commited to the cause and 3)not signed on through some plan with Willie McKay just so he can line his own pocket.

I can forgive John Ryan for making mistakes, but i wont forgive him if he makes the same mistake twice.

Just out of interest donnyroversfc. Do you understand how football agents make their income?
I know you have a problem with Willie McKay for whatever reason. (Not one you can clearly explain, which baffles most of us) but can you name me any agents who do not line their own pockets?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2012, 06:27:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Do we have any evidence Mckay is lining his own pocket?  That could be slanderous.

Also why the hell would he have wanted the thing to fail, what does he gain from that?  Same with Saunders? I think some are completely blinkered, clearly if successful Mckay would gain and Saunders looks a genius, but it hasn't been so I have no evidence that they have gained.   I mean the amount Mckay would gain for certainly is pittance to him so what would be the point?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2012, 06:27:40 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Players like Robert will inevitably want to ply their trade at a higher level and will want to be noticed. If we could get players such as FR in on permanent deals.

So i dont see your assumption that they wont be commited to the cause as they will be young and ambitious as all players are

Players such as Diouf came here simply due to the fact no one else wanted them cos if that was the case then why was he a free agent from july to october time

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2012, 06:35:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
Why is my post coming up blank and saying i edited it when i never?

Wrote a proper long post and didn't save it either ffs.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:58:40 pm by donnyroversfc »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 13, 2012, 10:29:39 pm by wilts rover »
As I have written in previous posts - in season 2010-11 Rovers paid nearly £400 000 in fees to football agents. Now stop and consider that figure for a moment, it would have bought us what, 2 players? Non of that money went to McKay because O'Driscoll wouldn't deal with him - hence us loosing out on Charlie Adam and James Macartney. This season we have paid out how much in agents fees? And been offered the worlds best player (c.Benaldo).

Now I know you are the agent for both Paul Tisdale and Billy Kee (is 10% or 15% plus a sell on clause you want), but I have yet to understand the problem of a football agent 'working' for us for a nominal fee and only a percentage if we SELL a player, not buy one.

That £400k from last season, Dennis Souza, Wayne Thomas, money well spent ehh

Where were your complains when we signed a convicted criminal 2 seasons ago by the way? Or the angelic talents that were David Roche, Jamie Lawrence, Colin Sutherland or Phil Maguire?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 13, 2012, 11:46:47 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
As I have written in previous posts - in season 2010-11 Rovers paid nearly £400 000 in fees to football agents. Now stop and consider that figure for a moment, it would have bought us what, 2 players? Non of that money went to McKay because O'Driscoll wouldn't deal with him - hence us loosing out on Charlie Adam and James Macartney. This season we have paid out how much in agents fees? And been offered the worlds best player (c.Benaldo).

Now I know you are the agent for both Paul Tisdale and Billy Kee (is 10% or 15% plus a sell on clause you want), but I have yet to understand the problem of a football agent 'working' for us for a nominal fee and only a percentage if we SELL a player, not buy one.

Where were your complains when we signed a convicted criminal 2 seasons ago by the way? Or the angelic talents that were David Roche, Jamie Lawrence, Colin Sutherland or Phil Maguire?

Who is the convicted criminal?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 13, 2012, 11:49:49 pm by Akinfenwa »
Who is the convicted criminal?

Stephen Brooker

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2012, 12:37:14 am by silent majority »

Are you expecting a reasoned response from donnyroversfc to that post Wilts? I think you may be waiting a very very long time. He hasn't managed to put a coherent post together on that subject in the last 9 months or so, so don't expect one now.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2012, 01:01:45 am by donnyroversfc »

We may have been offered Mcartney (i thought it was McCarthy?) and Adam, but what did their clubs actually sell them for? Adam went to Blackpool for 500k. We wouldn't pay that for a player (Sharp the investment excluded). The fact that SO'D wouldn't work with him, PLUS other clubs chairmen hating him and refusing to do business with him only enhances  my opinion of him further.

He was charged with breaking FA regulations with one of his transfer dealings and has been questioned about many more. He's had the police investigate him and controversy follows him around like an ITV camera man follows Peter Andre.

John Ryan talks about wanting the town of Doncaster to turn up in numbers to support their home town club, then goes and agrees to a plan with one of the most controversial figures in the sport.

Also the regulation breaking man has brought us 15 players in since he's been here and how many have done good? 5 or 6 is the answer (although they've shown they aren' t very commited) . He's REALLY helped us hasn't he.

You might say he's working for us for a nominal fee (he 'probably' wont invoice for that though remember) but the man himself has said he's only here for the money.

I didn't want us to sign Steve Brooker btw. One of SO'D's mistakes was signing him (and keeping him as long as he did).

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2012, 02:23:38 am by RoversAlias »
Well I for one will never forget Steve Brooker's (admittedly minimal) contribution to the club. He scored our Goal of the Season in the last campaign and I think it was a noble attempt by SOD. He came in on a pay-as-you-play deal but barely ever played. It wasn't Brooker or O'Driscoll's fault that his career was curtailed by botched surgery and bad luck.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2012, 08:32:51 am by wilts rover »

We may have been offered Mcartney (i thought it was McCarthy?) and Adam, but what did their clubs actually sell them for? Adam went to Blackpool for 500k. We wouldn't pay that for a player (Sharp the investment excluded). The fact that SO'D wouldn't work with him, PLUS other clubs chairmen hating him and refusing to do business with him only enhances  my opinion of him further.

He was charged with breaking FA regulations with one of his transfer dealings and has been questioned about many more. He's had the police investigate him and controversy follows him around like an ITV camera man follows Peter Andre.

John Ryan talks about wanting the town of Doncaster to turn up in numbers to support their home town club, then goes and agrees to a plan with one of the most controversial figures in the sport.

Also the regulation breaking man has brought us 15 players in since he's been here and how many have done good? 5 or 6 is the answer (although they've shown they aren' t very commited) . He's REALLY helped us hasn't he.

You might say he's working for us for a nominal fee (he 'probably' wont invoice for that though remember) but the man himself has said he's only here for the money.

I didn't want us to sign Steve Brooker btw. One of SO'D's mistakes was signing him (and keeping him as long as he did).

Oh you have opened my eyes. These other club's chairmen who hate him and refuse to do business, you couldn't just clarify who they are could you - I understood he had placed several players at Premier League clubs. And the £400k we paid in agents fees last year - can you just confirm that all the agents we paid fees to you approve off - because of course you have personally veted them yourself and no other agent has ever been 'accused' of any wrong doing?

Only here for the money!!! Unlike Jamie Coppinger for instance who prefers the view over Hatfield Main slagheaps to the unrivalled beauty of the Suffolk countryside - how much extra did you want again Jamie? Or Brian Stock who didn't really like Reading anyway even if he had a bad back that wouldn't pass a medical - what was it you wanted Brian.extra appearance money for international games - and you will give us back any money when you are injured and not available for selection. And Billy Sharps fine gesture in offering to turn down Southampton and play for half wages at Rovers. Oh wait.

All these 15 players (from clubs who wont deal with WM) - I thought at least one - Kirkland, came from Mickey Walker?

I can fully understand you being against all football agents (who on here isn't) but why you are against one in particular, no worse than many others people involved in the game, who is helping the club, supported by thechairman, makes me think you have an agenda against us.

Btw I was a big supporter of Steve Brooker. I remember him playing against us and always causing problems. When you are a small club playing in a big league you have to try a few gambles. Sometimes they dont work, thats life.

(apologies to Jamie, Brian and Billy for totally misrepresenting them to prove a point).

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2012, 08:45:06 am by Barmby Rover »
I would like the club to deal with McKay or any other agent, all players have them, so we have to. The difference being I want them to sign for the club, train with the squad and become a Rovers player. This doesn't mean that I want people who will be looking to stay forever, Mills and Wellens are just two examples of that. I want commitment to this club though.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2012, 08:53:24 am by Norfolk N Chance »

why it a mistake ?

Robert, Diouf, Beye super players ...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2012, 09:55:41 am by Barmby Rover »
Strange, I thought Ilunga and Piquionne were incuded in the "superb" category as well, bye bye, we couldn't give a damn! More to come, Diouf staying? Beye staying? Robert staying? Doubt it.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2012, 10:02:15 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Strange, I thought Ilunga and Piquionne were incuded in the "superb" category as well, bye bye, we couldn't give a damn! More to come, Diouf staying? Beye staying? Robert staying? Doubt it.

much better than we have...

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2012, 10:07:08 am by dumbroofer »

much better than we have...

cant agree their,after all our league placing at the tells us they are superb

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2012, 10:30:31 am by Norfolk N Chance »
its tells you how bad it could have been ....3 wins in 8 months?

Must have dreamt that?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2012, 10:45:10 am by dumbroofer »
7 wins in the same time, with superb players = the very thing that will more than likely be rubber stamped today

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2012, 11:39:44 am by Norfolk N Chance »
we have only had the french lot since xmas dont get carried away....

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2012, 12:17:38 pm by dumbroofer »
not getting carried away norfolk,just saying we are still bottom after almost 8 months of change ,which has changed nothing, i personally need to put this season to bed and focus on the next.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2012, 12:49:09 pm by donnyroversfc »

Oh you have opened my eyes. These other club's chairmen who hate him and refuse to do business, you couldn't just clarify who they are could you - I understood he had placed several players at Premier League clubs. And the £400k we paid in agents fees last year - can you just confirm that all the agents we paid fees to you approve off - because of course you have personally veted them yourself and no other agent has ever been 'accused' of any wrong doing?

Only here for the money!!! Unlike Jamie Coppinger for instance who prefers the view over Hatfield Main slagheaps to the unrivalled beauty of the Suffolk countryside - how much extra did you want again Jamie? Or Brian Stock who didn't really like Reading anyway even if he had a bad back that wouldn't pass a medical - what was it you wanted Brian.extra appearance money for international games - and you will give us back any money when you are injured and not available for selection. And Billy Sharps fine gesture in offering to turn down Southampton and play for half wages at Rovers. Oh wait.

All these 15 players (from clubs who wont deal with WM) - I thought at least one - Kirkland, came from Mickey Walker?

I can fully understand you being against all football agents (who on here isn't) but why you are against one in particular, no worse than many others people involved in the game, who is helping the club, supported by thechairman, makes me think you have an agenda against us.

Btw I was a big supporter of Steve Brooker. I remember him playing against us and always causing problems. When you are a small club playing in a big league you have to try a few gambles. Sometimes they dont work, thats life.

(apologies to Jamie, Brian and Billy for totally misrepresenting them to prove a point).

You know that the 400k was spent on just them players? and how much exactly? Agents fee's will have been paid out for contract renewals too. Players are different in that they are playing for club and training all week, plus they shown great loyalty to us by turning down moves, the fact they did that shows they aren't money orientated, whereas McKay is and admitted he's here only for the money. You seriously comparing a football agent with footballers who have shown great loyatly to this club? Laughable.

John Ryan may believe McKay is here 'helping' the club, he wouldn't have employed him otherwise, but John Ryan can be and IS wrong. Not a good image for the club, not only because we are employing a controversial rule breaker but also because the whole plan is a stupid one and one that has made us a laughing stock... Hey, lots of PR though so who cares!!

Employing Willie McKay as a 'transfer consultant' of sorts is like the government employing Ex MP Elliott Morley to oversee MP's Expenses.

Mickey Walker probably did bring Kirkland to the club, considering Wigan wont do any work with McKay directly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012