Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:42:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegated  (Read 4262 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Relegated
« on April 14, 2012, 04:57:24 pm by ditch_drfc »
Couldn't be at the game today, but i've followed it all the way.

That's it lads and lasses! We're down...

They can never take the passion we had today. Let's keep our heads up and move forward!

Rovers Til I Die!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Re: Relegated
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 04:58:33 pm by Donnyjim »
Two nil and lose 4-3, passion?

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 04:58:43 pm by Pinter777 »
i just hope everybody calms down and plans for next season instead of monaing and criticising, this is the exact moment a club needs loyal fans.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2012, 05:01:11 pm by ScillyRover »
i just hope everybody calms down and plans for next season instead of monaing and criticising, this is the exact moment a club needs loyal fans.
We certainly have those. All we need now is a half decent manager

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2012, 05:01:21 pm by ditch_drfc »
Agreed pinter. Donnyjim it obviously wasn't a loss of passion that caused the game to go. A string of unfortunate events...

MartinB

« Reply #5 on April 14, 2012, 05:01:53 pm by MartinB »
 :rtid:

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2012, 05:07:43 pm by Bald Rover »
Donnyjim that's probably the worst post I've seen were you not there? Team showed passion commitment and when Copps got the third you saw what it meant! We knew we were going down I just hope portsmouth follow us they were aweful!
Restored some pride today RTID!

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2012, 05:10:50 pm by Big MAC »
We can't afford to mess around all summer and then make poor (loan) signings just before the season starts like we have for the last few seasons.

Desperately need a strikeforce who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis, haven't had one at all since we have been in the championship and you generally need to score more to do well in League one.

MartinB

« Reply #8 on April 14, 2012, 05:15:42 pm by MartinB »
Now over to you JR, if you have faith in Saunders, so do I. But let's get back to basics, if we only get attendances of 8,000 lets celebrate those 8,000 not moan about he sheff/leeds/man u fans in Donny. Let's get sorted financially, most Rovers fans are happy we still have a club never-mind a Championship one.  Justice will be done, we'll do the double over Pompey next season!  :rtid:

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2012, 05:17:34 pm by AntoDRFC »
if you have faith in Saunders, so do I.

I dont

MartinB

« Reply #10 on April 14, 2012, 05:26:48 pm by MartinB »
If JR backs DS so should we, just want to see JR happy with us as little Donny the pub team that beats Man City, Villa and draws with Arsenal. Upsets the likes of Leeds at Wembley and plays bloody good football. Keep talelnted but commited players like Hird & Copps and get rid of McKay FC. I never ever want Donny to be in the premier league, you can keep that plastic fake footy away from me, give me players that are on a decent (not astonishing wages) Give the fans cheap tickets a decent pie and better pint at half time, keep the Vikettes even if they are overweight and cant dance! Bring back Greeny bring back Ravenhill! let's lose games because we aren't that good not because our highest paid player is out the night before a big game. Let's have the crap John Parr song back, as terrible as it is...let's get rid of Nike as a sponsor of our kits and get back to Matchwinner, lets sell stuff in Streetwise and give kids tickets for a quid. Diouff, Chimbonda...piss off and sign for Derby County or some other club that likes overpaying useless wasters, just stay away from my MY club. I'm from Sunny Donny and I'm proud of it!

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2012, 05:27:12 pm by Donnyjim »
Saunders is out of his depth. We need to wipe the slate clean, get rid of the dead wood. That includes that welsh prick Saunders, who, let's face it, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2012, 05:27:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Agreed pinter. Donnyjim it obviously wasn't a loss of passion that caused the game to go. A string of unfortunate events...

"A string of unfortunate events"  is one way of describing a cheating biased set of officials

rossored

« Reply #13 on April 14, 2012, 05:31:42 pm by rossored »
Not been to a game since November, too depressed  :( Plus no money, austerity and all that.
Looking forward to next season funnily enough. Still have faith in JR to make more correct decisions than bad ones. Bad yr all round, thank f*** its out of the way.

Onwards  :)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2012, 05:34:40 pm by Wellred »
Saunders is out of his depth. We need to wipe the slate clean, get rid of the dead wood. That includes that welsh prick Saunders, who, let's face it, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

You talk absolute b******s.
Had you been there you would have seen how we were robbed by a cheat of a referee.

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2012, 05:37:58 pm by AntoDRFC »

Had you been there you would have seen how we were robbed by a cheat of a referee.

What about the rest of the games overseen by Saunders? Thats right! the ref's fault everytime isn't it Wellred....

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2012, 05:39:39 pm by MachoMadness »
We knew it was coming. Shouldn't have lost today, the ref was a joke, but at least we can start building for next season early.

Not sure whether we should have Saunders in charge or not though.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2012, 05:40:05 pm by Wellred »

What about the rest of the games overseen by Saunders? Thats right! the ref's fault everytime isn't it Wellred....

No point arguing with someone who wasn't at the game.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2012, 05:41:23 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Its not the refs fault everytime, however today it was

Its not the refs fault everytime however today IT WAS

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2012, 05:42:49 pm by mushRTID »
Im glad it ended today, couldnt be arsed with it dragging out another week.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2012, 05:47:11 pm by PaulRover08 »

Its not the refs fault everytime, however today it was

Its not the refs fault everytime however today IT WAS

Yep, I absolutely hate blaming referees and its by no means a defense for going down. We deserve to go down having been poor for 18 months. However, TODAY, we have every right to feel more than a little bit cheated at that so called performance of football refereeing. Saunders is full of bizarre excuses at times but today, he will probably come out and blame the ref and for once, he will have a point.

People who weren't at the game are absolutely entitled to have their say, the argument against that doesn't stand up. For me though, and I was there, the people saying the ref cost us it are bang on.

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2012, 05:57:38 pm by AntoDRFC »
Problem for me is the 'post 85th minute' throw away points what makes me think Saunders is mis managing the team, a quick check of our results this season shows:

Brighton 1-1 DRFC *SOD
L 2-1

Blackpool 1-1 DRFC
L 2-1

Birmingham 1-1 DRFC
L 2-1

Leeds 2-2 DRFC
L 3-2

DRFC 1-0 P'Boro
D 1-1

DRFC 3-2 Portsmouth
L 3-4

thats 9 valuable points lost in the last ebbs of games

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2012, 06:00:23 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
I'll wait until Football League show tonight before judging whether both penalties and the sending off were valid.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:04:18 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2012, 06:15:16 pm by Hounslowrover »
Saw the Beye foul on Final Score, it looked out of the area and Kitson appeared to have another player alongside him, so he still had a bit to do.  The second depends on whether it was ball to arm or arm to ball, will need to see it again, but it looked a harsh decision.  The third will need to see again, but most refs would have given a foul on the keeper.  I'm obviously biased!!

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2012, 06:24:46 pm by PaulRover08 »
Problem for me is the 'post 85th minute' throw away points what makes me think Saunders is mis managing the team, a quick check of our results this season shows:

Brighton 1-1 DRFC *SOD
L 2-1

Blackpool 1-1 DRFC
L 2-1

Birmingham 1-1 DRFC
L 2-1

Leeds 2-2 DRFC
L 3-2

DRFC 1-0 P'Boro
D 1-1

DRFC 3-2 Portsmouth
L 3-4

thats 9 valuable points lost in the last ebbs of games

I agree on the playing to the end and the points lost but i'd take today out of that. The equaliser is not only assault on Woods by Kitson but also handball into the net and knowing a draw isn't enough, 10 man rovers threw men up leaving them exposed (albeit for 2 minutes) and then the 4th goal was also GBH from Kitson on Hird.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2012, 06:29:34 pm by Chris »
The first penalty was certainly a good distance outside the box. Not that it really matters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012