Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:37:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimly apt  (Read 1564 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Grimly apt
« on April 14, 2012, 05:02:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That we should finally have relegation confirmed by two injury time goals. That 26 times in the last 2 seasons and 40 times in our 4 years at this level that we've conceded after 85 mins. Mental strength? Physical fitness? Whatever it is, we've been short of it at this level.

Number 1 priority to address for next year is this lack of steel.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Grimly apt
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 05:44:05 pm by Wellred »
That is one thing you couldn't say about them today BST

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 05:45:56 pm by RedJ »
as Vaya put it so brilliantly - "I'll still be here next year with the sort of grim determination that got the BEF through 4 years of trench warfare." (apologies if I've misquoted that horribly :laugh:)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2012, 06:00:53 pm by Donnylass »
I think that considering we were a man down, they played well and the two late goals can't really be compared to others. They played at 100% until the final whistle. :rtid:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2012, 06:02:03 pm by MachoMadness »
The problem is mentally I think. The amount of times I've seen us concede due to letting opposing strikers have the box to themselves in the last 5 minutes of games is just shocking.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2012, 06:21:32 pm by BigH »
That we should go down losing to the division's foremost cheating b******s; a club that today fielded players that it can't afford and which has for years stuck two fingers up to our spineless football authorities in running itself on a persistently insolvent basis. Not even Richardson did that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2012, 06:29:24 pm by Donnywolf »
.... and I for one hope they pay the ultimate price SOON if only cos I detest KITSON with every bone in my body

I KNOW he will just move on and cheat and lash out at opposition players somewhere else though. Have not got over him stamping on Copps right on centre spot that time (was it for Reading)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2012, 08:24:18 pm by The Red Baron »
That we should finally have relegation confirmed by two injury time goals. That 26 times in the last 2 seasons and 40 times in our 4 years at this level that we've conceded after 85 mins. Mental strength? Physical fitness? Whatever it is, we've been short of it at this level.

Number 1 priority to address for next year is this lack of steel.

I take your point and it is a problem which needs addressing, but you can't really include today. When the referee is as big a crook as that there's not a lot you can do about it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2012, 10:58:19 pm by Bessie Red »
.... and I for one hope they pay the ultimate price SOON if only cos I detest KITSON with every bone in my body

I KNOW he will just move on and cheat and lash out at opposition players somewhere else though. Have not got over him stamping on Copps right on centre spot that time (was it for Reading)

Cant agree more with your comments Donnywolf. He is the most vile football player in the league & that includes Dioufy at his worst/

Also looks like a double relgation for you this year Wolfy although I am sure the Wolves will bounce straight back up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012