Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:45:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gutted...  (Read 833 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Gutted...
« on April 14, 2012, 06:53:52 pm by donnyroversfc »
Felt nothing what so ever today when we were relegated. Thought i'd feel a bit numb or down but truth is i dont  :(

Always thought rovers being relegated would hurt me (no crying though) but i genuinly didn't care! Feels wierd, i'm strangely satisfied with our relegation.

Some of the decisions made by the club this season has killed my love for the club a little. I dont like it.

Looking forward to next season, just wish everything that happened this season hadn't have happened in the first place.

Is it wrong that after certain decisions by the club this season that i wanted us to be relegated just so i could get back to being able to have my club back again and love them like i used to?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Re: Gutted...
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 07:00:03 pm by PaulRover08 »
I've got to say, I agree with you.

I think you've had your agenda this year but I honestly think its been with the clubs best interests at heart, and ultimately you were right. I didn't think you were until recently. Strange how some of the 'new boys' are injured when it comes to the end.

I was only saying to my mam on the way home that the last time we went down I remember her crying, we were out of the league, we might not have a club etc... but this time there are no tears, only hope.

I'm 33 now so remember our last relegation well. This is my 29th year as a Rovers regular so i've seen many downs that have hurt but for some reason today doesn't.

I think its just a case of lets go down to a League we craved for not so long ago and enjoy watching a team that should hopefully win more football matches than it has done in the last 18 months.

I'd like one legacy of the McKay era though and that is new of a 3-4 year deal for young Robert.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 07:26:42 pm by Spud »
Robert and Beye would be good to keep. Can't fault the effort of Diouf but the difference in the team since he's been out has been immense. If only we could have had the same spirit a couple of months ago.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2012, 07:32:46 pm by Donnywolf »
I think the reason you and I dont feel that bad is that we have been prepared for this moment for weeks.

I for one have felt we would go all along and so it has not been like going down on the last game or (like some Clubs) on the last kick of the last game of the Season

I have also experienced several relegations and am probably used to it. I look forward to the next Promotion though - but it may be a while and we may go one further down before doing it !

Not negative - more pragmatic

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2012, 07:36:36 pm by Donnybax »
if we had taken it to the last game and then gone down against ipswich it would have hurt, but weve known for a  while it was an impossible task after derby and milwall i think. What hurts is the fact that we were cheated

TinyPortal © 2005-2012