Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:47:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Wilson  (Read 5284 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Mark Wilson
« on April 14, 2012, 07:30:10 pm by Dare to dream! »
'To the #realdonnyplayers and gutted for you chaps. Bounce back next season boys!! Gutted for the fans. #deservebetter #DRFC

It shows that the players and ex think that the likes of Diouf arent bothered about the club. Copps has also just tweeted "very emotional day for me and a lot of the lads" surely if he believed everyone was bothed about the club he would of put the lads or the team? How can you have a policy when there isnt a united dressing room? was never going to work

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Mark Wilson
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2012, 07:48:25 pm by dickos1 »
Mark Wilson ha ha. He has never been a real player

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2012, 07:50:59 pm by ian1973 »
To be honest would imagine Man U or Man Citys dressing rooms are hardly together part and parcel of modern football too many egos and too much money.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2012, 07:53:16 pm by Red wizard »
At least he cared about the club. Wasn't given a chance at all imo. Could of helped a weak midfield that side can just stroll through at will.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2012, 07:55:48 pm by donnyroversfc »
Didnt Mark Wilson win a Champions league medal? Not bad for a fake player.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2012, 07:59:27 pm by Mr1Croft »

He played in the Champions League and was on the bench for the majority of Man U's CL winning season but he never received the medal.

He has however touched the CL trophy, I have a picture of him signed somewhere on the open top bus with it...

A real shame, he was one of our better players when you consider how much we have had to rely on Gillet and Oster in the middle the season with Stock injured. Wilson was better than how he was treated and glad he has managed to revive his career, I was worried that with his age he would just disappear.

May come back to haunt us next year, but if by any chance we need a new manager he has my support...

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2012, 08:00:57 pm by donnyroversfc »
My bad, i thought he had actually recieved a medal for his very minimal appearances in that competition.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2012, 09:33:04 pm by RoversAlias »

Give over. Wilson was a good servant to the club and he never deserved the treatment he received from some corners.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2012, 10:51:17 pm by drfc1951 »

He played in the Champions League and was on the bench for the majority of Man U's CL winning season but he never received the medal.

He has however touched the CL trophy, I have a picture of him signed somewhere on the open top bus with it...

A real shame, he was one of our better players when you consider how much we have had to rely on Gillet and Oster in the middle the season with Stock injured. Wilson was better than how he was treated and glad he has managed to revive his career, I was worried that with his age he would just disappear.

May come back to haunt us next year, but if by any chance we need a new manager he has my support...
Always liked Wilson as a player, no managerial experience at any level

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 15, 2012, 11:29:58 am by roverstillidie91 »
I dont get why most fans slate him. Un-spectacular player dont get me wrong but did the basic things well and was more of an asset than people assumed

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 15, 2012, 11:33:48 am by The Red Baron »
He would have walked into the side in the last few months when we haven't had a midfield worthy of the name.

Dumbuya24

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 15, 2012, 11:53:52 am by Dumbuya24 »
Certainly one of footballs good guys but no where near championship quality. The lad isnt even getting a game at Oxford at the minute.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 15, 2012, 11:55:23 am by silent majority »
Certainly one of footballs good guys but no where near championship quality. The lad isnt even getting a game at Oxford at the minute.

No,he was sat behind me in the pictures the other night.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 15, 2012, 12:21:31 pm by roverstillidie91 »
We should bring him back as a coach seeing as hes done or thinking about doing his coaching badges.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 15, 2012, 12:40:11 pm by ditch_drfc »
Where does this ridiculous thing about Wilson being a great manager/coach come from? Really? Because everybody says it, we all believe it's true. 

It's so random. Why Wilson? Please don't cite the whole "he spent plenty of time watching" argument. We've had plenty of players that have sat on the bench for us and watched the matches. Ben Smith spent every match on the bench, but it doesn't mean he'll be a great manager!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 15, 2012, 01:25:31 pm by glosterred »

A better player than most people on here give credit to - as it has been said "at least he cares!"

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 15, 2012, 01:38:17 pm by BRMC_rover »
He could be terrible your right. But he has spent his youth and early career under the best manager in the game, Ferguson, a few years under McClaren and arguably some of the best youth coaches in English football at Middlesbrough, plus he he has worked towards his coaching badge whilst under another technically sound manager in the shape of Sean O'Driscoll. On paper that would point to someone who has an armory of elements that a good manager needs to enter coaching. We'l see in a few years. Could be good, could be terrible. He's a good calculated speaker too and seems to have a bit of intelligence which helps.

This has nothing to do with sat on a subs bench though. Im sure no one was suggesting that at all.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 15, 2012, 01:43:17 pm by wilts rover »
I dont think there is any doubt that Dean Saunders cares - it is the tactical knowledge that seems to be in doubt there. Same with Ian Snodin or Dave Penney really. If we do run a reserve team next year I wouldn't mind Mark Wilson coming back to be player/manager of it and seeing how he does then. Which is how Penney started isn't it?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 15, 2012, 02:07:47 pm by River Don »
Mark Wilson seems to be an intelligent fella which is a good start when you're looking for a manager. Being an outstanding player isn't an essential quality, someone with an understanding of the game is what you're after.

It's always a gamble giving an untested manager a start but everyone has to start somewhere.

If it were a possibility, I'd trust JR to make the right decision about him. He made the right call with Penney.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 15, 2012, 02:11:42 pm by Wellred »
How two faced are some posters on here.
Slating the appointment of Dean Saunders because he has no league experience as a Manager and in the next breath saying Mark Wilson would be a good Manager for us!!!!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 15, 2012, 02:14:56 pm by River Don »
Lack of experience wasn't the reason I was uncomfortable with Saunders appointment.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 15, 2012, 03:02:57 pm by Donnybax »
I disliked the appointment of Saunders for many reasons, his lack of experience was NOT one of them. The first was the fact that sods job was so safe 2 days before he was sacked and then Saunders was brought in immediatley and already had DS printed on everything so theres something not quite right there. Secondly I had a look at the Wrexham forum for their thoughts and they were glad to get rid of him. Saying he always makes excuses for losses and took full responsibility for wins.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 15, 2012, 03:04:32 pm by Wellred »
Yeh right

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 15, 2012, 03:13:57 pm by Donnybax »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 15, 2012, 03:22:34 pm by Wellred »
I disliked the appointment of Saunders for many reasons, his lack of experience was NOT one of them. The first was the fact that sods job was so safe 2 days before he was sacked and then Saunders was brought in immediatley and already had DS printed on everything so theres something not quite right there. Secondly I had a look at the Wrexham forum for their thoughts and they were glad to get rid of him. Saying he always makes excuses for losses and took full responsibility for wins.

How do you know DS was printed on everything? What exactly was it printed on?
John Ryan has explained why he got rid of SOD. Who would you have put in temporary charge then?

How many clubs fans speak highly of a Manager who has left them for another club.
If you can remember most Bournemouth fans didn't have many nice things to say about SOD when he left them to join us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012