Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:19:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: El Hadj Diouf has been spotted...  (Read 4894 times)

CarolinaRover

• Forum Member
El Hadj Diouf has been spotted...
« on April 16, 2012, 03:20:32 am by CarolinaRover »
...Up to his usual tricks, maybe the one good thing from getting relegated!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4259165/Footie-bad-boy-El-Hadji-Diouf-held-over-brawl.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Re: El Hadj Diouf has been spotted...
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2012, 08:38:05 am by roverstillidie91 »
Probably why its involving six men cos he cant fight a one on one battle

could knock him over using my little finger with my other arm behind my back

Show some bottle Saunders and fine him

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2012, 09:38:58 am by Filo »
Not that it`ll make any difference and not that he`ll ever play for us again, but get rid, fine him the maximum we can, as good a player that he is he`s not a good influence is he, he`s disrupting and his ego gets in the way of everything else

EDIT: this is the excuse Saunders needs to take action over the Bournemouth nightclub incident
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:40:59 am by Filo »

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2012, 10:01:32 am by Donnybax »
Not that it`ll make any difference and not that he`ll ever play for us again, but get rid, fine him the maximum we can, as good a player that he is he`s not a good influence is he, he`s disrupting and his ego gets in the way of everything else

EDIT: this is the excuse Saunders needs to take action over the Bournemouth nightclub incident
agreed, he's put someone in a "serious" condition. Take action dean and the police

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2012, 10:05:33 am by SiBo »
I'm so embarrased seeing pictures of my team's shirt on this 'man' in these stories. He may still have quality as a footballer but he sums up everything that has been wrong about the experiment. He and his fellow 'untouchables' have ripped the heart and pride out of my football club all season, Copps quotes in the press this morning and various current and former player Tweets over the weekend have proved what many of us have expected to be the case all along. And just when you think things can't get any more shameful they do. No point fining him, as Filo says I'd be amazed if he ever turns up at Cantley Park again. I just want to forget this whole sorry season ever happened, get rid of everyone associated with it, including DS, and start again with someone who values the 'team' and not just the names in it.   

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2012, 10:22:23 am by Filo »
I must admit, I was for Diouf being in our team, his ego on the pitch got on my tits a bit, but I thought it might be worth it, I was wrong, his ego got in the way and since the Bournemouth nightclub pictures and lack of action by Saunders, we`ve been well and truly embarrassed, it does n`t matter to him if we cancel his contract on the pittance he`s on here, he probably makes more in interest than what we pay him, get rid and get rid now!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2012, 10:33:21 am by roverstillidie91 »
Its the kind of players which take the community aspect away from most clubs nowadays. Players who walk off the coach with no thought about the fans going in with their earphones on etc etc such as the big clubs etc. Seems like we have lost touch with the club in some way to be honest ever since SO'D left. Face facts Diouf only came here because no one else wanted him.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2012, 10:36:40 am by ScillyRover »
I'm so embarrased seeing pictures of my team's shirt on this 'man' in these stories. He may still have quality as a footballer but he sums up everything that has been wrong about the experiment. He and his fellow 'untouchables' have ripped the heart and pride out of my football club all season, Copps quotes in the press this morning and various current and former player Tweets over the weekend have proved what many of us have expected to be the case all along. And just when you think things can't get any more shameful they do. No point fining him, as Filo says I'd be amazed if he ever turns up at Cantley Park again. I just want to forget this whole sorry season ever happened, get rid of everyone associated with it, including DS, and start again with someone who values the 'team' and not just the names in it.   
I agree wholeheartedly particularly with the your last sentence. A totally clean  sheet is require and very quickly. Lets distance ourselves from this whole 'experiment'. Its failed and failed miserably and has been an absolute disaster for the club. As for EHD, he's a good player but the associated baggage just isn't worth it as far as the club is concerned.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2012, 10:41:17 am by Jonathan »
Think it's important to remember innocent til proven guilty (certainly where the glassing incident is concerned).

What he is guilty of, though, is showing a lack of respect for the football club and anyone involved with it. The Bournemouth escapades, amongst other things, are evidence enough of that.

Saunders' lack of condemnation for his behaviour sums up the culture of the club now, and why we need a clean break from this fiasco. Diouf has been lauded with praise when in reality his positive contribution has been minimal.

Good footballer - but he's not been right for us at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:53:29 am by Jonathan »

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2012, 11:18:37 am by donnyroversfc »
There he is, in OUR shirt! Tarring our good name. Wasn't his name alone supposed to bring in more high profile named players? Where were they? All he's done is attract controversy and help to destroy this football clubs good name.

A brawl ffs? Thought he wsas injured?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2012, 12:25:20 pm by The Red Baron »

agreed, he's put someone in a "serious" condition. Take action dean and the police

I'm not defending him, but nowhere is it suggested that he was actually responsible for the injuries sustained by the person.

If it was down to me then footballers would not be contractually allowed to be in any licensed premises after midnight without the written permission of their club's manager. Footballers + nightclubs = trouble!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2012, 12:59:47 pm by albie »
For me, Saunders needs to show he is in control. The lack of action over the Bournemouth escapade is weak and gives out the wrong message.

Not acting against EHD (or others in the same incident) shows that DS does not understand man management.

How can he have the respect of those not involved unless he deals with those who were?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2012, 01:15:57 pm by Chris »
Jesus, get rid. The bloke's an arse hole.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2012, 01:33:30 pm by RoversAlias »
He has to go now. I don't want to see him in a Rovers shirt ever again and the sooner he is off our books and out of our lives the better.

Disgrace. He's bringing down the name of the club in a big way. I saw this story because it's one of the top news items on the main BBC website for God's sake.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2012, 02:05:12 pm by grayx »
...Up to his usual tricks, maybe the one good thing from getting relegated!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4259165/Footie-bad-boy-El-Hadji-Diouf-held-over-brawl.html

How NOT to get yourself another club eh? Get rid, if we haven't already.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #15 on April 16, 2012, 06:40:05 pm by I-was-there1976 »
He s still on the VSC banner.

Time to get Coppinger on instead

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2012, 06:55:31 pm by wilts rover »
16 replies so far to this story and not one of you have put that Diouf was out in that club with his wife. Hardly likely he was looking for a fight was it? But dont let that stop you with your own personal agendas.

His attitude and lifestyle though is one of the reasons I am glad we stand no possibility of getting into the PL anytime soon, people with too much money and too little intelligence dont mix well.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2012, 07:07:25 pm by DRFCTom »
He went out with his wife (this says to me that he wasn't after trouble) and it also states diouf suffered a facial wound.
It all came down to when diouf and anton (not as good as rio) ferdinand were both at sunderland and diouf threatend ferdinand.
How do we know that anton ferdinand and his pals saw diouf with his wife and I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.
Innocent until proven guilty people so lets not just jump straight to that conclusion just yet (however his reputation doesn't help him I know)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2012, 07:39:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
He says he wasn't there.  So it's all OK.  I posted a week ago that we won't see him in a Rovers shirt again.  Shame, obviously a very talented player who just cannot avoid trouble.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2012, 08:04:41 pm by mushRTID »
He's gone anyway, thought that would be obvious.

He can be someone elses problem next year.

Brilliant talent, not enough goals, billy big b*llocks attitude.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2012, 08:31:26 pm by cmonyoureds »
dont like to stick up for the guy but think its another ferdinand thing were a ferdie bro gets away with everything looking innocent because of dioufs past not being funny 6 lads involved dioufy with his mrs 5 guys start on me ill swing a bottle to protect myself

TinyPortal © 2005-2012