Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:13:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Copps Off??  (Read 2810 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Copps Off??
« on April 16, 2012, 01:55:37 pm by Donnyjim »
Copp's latest outspoken outburst probably means that he's off in the summer. He's probably still got a few irons in the fire after the Ipswich deal fell apart. He's on his way so he can have his say?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Copps Off??
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2012, 02:02:33 pm by Filo »
Are you a Sky reporter?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2012, 02:11:16 pm by RoversAlias »
I think that's reading too much into what he's said to be honest, especially th way the reporter asked him the questions, but that isn't to say this isn't a real possibility.

I don't blame him one bit if he goes. I think he is one of the few here who deserves to stay in the Championship and if we get 200-300k for him it'll be a good deal for both clubs.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2012, 02:12:35 pm by grayx »
Copp's latest outspoken outburst probably means that he's off in the summer. He's probably still got a few irons in the fire after the Ipswich deal fell apart. He's on his way so he can have his say?

Think you could be right. Can't see Copps staying if Saunders remains in charge. I know which I'd prefer to stay.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2012, 02:29:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
he will probably go, if not because he dont like saunders and thinks he can still do a job in the campionship, then because we cannot afford too keep him on such high wages when he is so inconsistent.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2012, 02:36:47 pm by Spud »
Have to say it's the first thing i thought on reading the interview. Never heard the radio interview tbh but whichever way you dress it, it's a pop at the club's policies. Don't blame him and hope he does stay but can't see it.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2012, 02:44:25 pm by ditch_drfc »
can we just put an end to these kind of threads. I absolutely hate them! I always feel like it plays a part in a player leaving a club

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2012, 02:55:12 pm by Spud »
If Copps aint here next season it won't be down to this or any other thread on here. Calm down.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2012, 03:10:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Look at it the other way, who in the Championship would buy him now?  He'll command a fee as he has 2 years in contract, but he's also about 30 isn't he?

HE doesn't score many goals, he's been incosistent and hasn't had a great season at all.  We all know on his day he's a cracking player, he destroyed Pompey's left back on Saturday, but he's not consistent enough and that is why a club wouldn't spend much money on him adding in his age to that aswell.

He's one for me who I've loved watching, great player here and he's a great affinity with the club for those reasons I wouldn't want him to go.  On the other hand, were a decent bid to come in, well he's 30ish doesn't score many and hasn't had a great season.....  As a club you'd take the money.  Let's hope nobody comes in as he's one of those who's been a legend here.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2012, 03:36:49 pm by ditch_drfc »
To be fair bfyp, I think a lot of his inconsistency might be to do with the newer players at the club. Feel like he's been saying that he's not gelled with those players, that could well be a big reason as to why he's not consistent

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2012, 08:00:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The only consistent thing about Copps is his inconsistency throughout his time here. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

One of my favourite players who can be a magician at times however, I'm often reminded of his vanishing acts !

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2012, 08:02:19 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
iv heard today that he has supposably said, if we can get a good team together for next season, they all believe they can get straight back up! so maybe some of the players do actually want to stay, just have to wait and see!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2012, 08:16:17 pm by drfc1951 »
To be fair bfyp, I think a lot of his inconsistency might be to do with the newer players at the club. Feel like he's been saying that he's not gelled with those players, that could well be a big reason as to why he's not consistent
But he hasnt been consistent for the last few seasons,cant blame the French for that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012