Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:08:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sky Dive for Martin House in mempry of LJS  (Read 2434 times)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Sky Dive for Martin House in mempry of LJS
« on April 19, 2012, 11:12:43 am by Jenny »
I had previously posted something about this way back in November....

I am doing a Sky Dive for Martin House in memory of Luey Jacob Sharp. They are a charity I have been involved with through work for a long time now and I have done previous fundraisers for them and donated some high value items for them to sell in their shops etc. We were all very touched when Billy played on after LJS passed away and I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone to raise money for such a fantastic cause (and it was arranged prior to Billy setting up the LJS Foundation).

I am paying for the jump out of my own pocket so all money raised (aside from Just Givings cut) will go directly to Martin House.

Planning on doing the jump in my rovers shirt if Martin House allow it (I think they send me a tshirt)....

Anyhow, I set myself an ambitious target of £1,000 and with only 5 weeks to go I am quite behind, also found out that I have used my matched funding entitlement from work for this year so even further behind than I wanted to be.

If anyone would like to sponsor me you can do so here:

http://www.justgiving.com/jennyleeskydive2012

THANKS!  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Sky Dive for Martin House in mempry of LJS
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2012, 01:42:27 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Good luck Jenny!

Nothing prepares you for that moment when you shuffle out to the open door and then the feeling you get in your stomach...   :woot:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 21, 2012, 11:13:51 am by RobTheRover »
That touching cloth moment, Stu?

I'll donate you (fittingly) a skydiver, Jenny.  Hope you reach your target.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 21, 2012, 11:33:05 am by Sheepskin Stu »
It's an experience not to be missed...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2012, 12:34:07 pm by Jenny »
Thanks for the donation Rob!

We have a work social the night before with plenty of free booze so I will be tapping everyone up whilst they are drunk (obviously I will have to remain sober...) to try and make the target. Even if I fall short, every penny really does count :)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2012, 06:41:33 pm by RobTheRover »
"making the target", "falling short" - I hope these are fundraising terms and not skydiving ones! ;-)

The very best of luck.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2012, 08:50:05 pm by Jenny »
Give this a bit of a cheeky bump - just over 2 weeks now! EEK!

Thanks to those who have sponsored me!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 21, 2012, 01:39:53 pm by RoversDave »
Bump.

Getting close now Jenny.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 21, 2012, 02:40:26 pm by Jenny »
I've responded to your PM Dave - thanks a million :)

It is getting close, and I am starting to get really scared. I called my parents last night on a totally unrelated subject and my dad said 'only thing you should be worrying about is who is packing your parachute on Thursday night'..... hmm cheers dad, up until that point I had spent the weekend shopping & trying to forget about it!! I was hoping that maybe the weather would save me, but its set to be great this week so there is no hope of that either! Although the longer the wait the more nervous I get - this was booked way back in November so its about time I got on with it so to speak!

Gotta say, I have been really touched by peoples generosity, especially that of complete strangers. It is such a good cause and I know that any amount that I raise, no matter how large or small, will help improve the quality of life of those who really deserve it. I have had a really tough time over the last 2 years, but seeing what Martin House do for people who have had a far worse time than I have really helps put things into perspective, and for me, this is the first in a long line of events that I am doing for them!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 25, 2012, 08:48:22 am by RoversDave »
Good luck today Jenny, hope you've managed some breakfast.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 25, 2012, 05:59:39 pm by Jenny »
I DID IT!!!

I stupidly went out and got rather drunk last night - what intended on being a few drinks after work & getting tucked up in bed by about 10 ended up in me not actually getting in til 9am this morning. Oops. So as you can magine, the thought of jumping out of a plane with a stinking hangover wasn't a nice one.

Still, I took to the skies, climbed to 15,000 feet and then was thrown from the plane strapped by my lovely tandem man!

This was me just as I was about to board the plane, don't have any during/after shots yet, should get them next week.

Was pretty awesome, and such a great way to raise money for an excellent cause!

Martin House rock!!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 26, 2012, 06:49:11 am by RoversDave »
Well done Jenny, sounds like you had a great time. Perhaps all the multi-millionaire economists on here might like to donate to the cause.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012