Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 03:47:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Shit Sherlock  (Read 7551 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
No Shit Sherlock
« on April 20, 2012, 12:56:54 pm by podrover73 »
Our illustrious manager on Radio Sheffield today....

If we had kept Billy Sharp we would have stayed up :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: No Shit Sherlock
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2012, 12:58:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And? Selling him was nothing to do with DS...

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2012, 01:00:18 pm by podrover73 »

hey I know that, but once again MR soundbyte comes up with something we all know

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2012, 01:02:40 pm by SiBo »
But your mate says on Late Kick Off he knew Billy would be leaving so which of you is telling porkies?

I guess neither of you no longer care in the ongoing race to distance yourselves as far as possible from the disaster you are fundamentally responsible for.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2012, 01:03:48 pm by Filo »

hey I know that, but once again MR soundbyte comes up with something we all know

What should he have said then?

The sale of Billy Sharp had no bearing on it?  and then get slated for saying that?

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2012, 01:08:30 pm by WBDRFC »

But that's what happens with interviews with football managers. If the interviewer asks a question you answer it. What do you expect him to do? Lie, or refuse to provide any answers, in case any of us already know it? Get real.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2012, 01:09:40 pm by SiBo »
The point is Filo it's more woe is I from the man. "Look at the shit hand I've been dealt and pity me." Sorry it doesn't wash. He knew exactly what he was signing up for when he arrived. If he had managed the situation better, been more respectful to the current players and hadn't ended up with a split camp and unhappy players who knows what the outcome would be. But now we're in a worse state than when he arrived regardless of what he claims. 

If DS was going to be consistent with what WM claimed on Late Kick Off he could have answered Radio Sheffield's question with something along the lines of "We always knew we were likely to lose Billy, which is why we had worked to bring in cover up front with Bamago, Bagayoko and Piquonne, but unfortunately Bamago and Bagayoko picked up injuries and haven't played many games between them etc." But all we get is an answer that basically equates to "Well we sold Billy Sharp, what do you expect, it's not my fault".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:19:25 pm by SiBo »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2012, 01:53:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's how you interpret it simply because you don't like the bloke. No matter what he says you will disagree with him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:57:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2012, 02:31:00 pm by hoolahoop »
That's how you interpret it simply because you don't like the bloke. No matter what he says you will disagree with him.

He's not alone in case you hadn't noticed, I've got no time for him either and if you did a survey re. his abilities you would find most Rovers supporters concur.  :headbang:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2012, 02:42:49 pm by Mr1Croft »
We can't say we would have stayed up keeping Billy Sharp, we will never know. Its the same as saying we would have gone down under SOD, we have a pretty good idea but we will never know.

Tbh I have stopped listening to Saunders interviews, I don't know whether to laugh at him for feel sorry for the bloke. The Diouf contract at Burnley was enough for me, and the "Browny can score goals but we decided to play a half fit Piqquionne (who we knew was injured yesterday) instead" was the icing on the cake.

Whether he gets the results on the pitch or not, interviews are not his strongest points.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2012, 02:44:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »

He's not alone in case you hadn't noticed, I've got no time for him either and if you did a survey re. his abilities you would find most Rovers supporters concur.  :headbang:

Yes I have noticed actually. I also recollect a similar response from members of the 'mob' after O'Driscolls first 6 months at the club.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2012, 02:51:13 pm by hoolahoop »

Yes I have noticed actually. I also recollect a similar response from members of the 'mob' after O'Driscolls first 6 months at the club.

Care to elaborate as I'm not a member of any 'mob' and didn't call for SO'Ds ''head '' at any time neither am I a boo boy. Come on BB substantiate that statement against me.........

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 20, 2012, 02:53:02 pm by SiBo »
SOD didn't contradict himself in 5 years as much as DS has in 6 months.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2012, 02:57:10 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

Yes he did.  ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2012, 02:58:09 pm by hoolahoop »

Exactly and imagine that same trait in the changing rooms, no wonder our lads didn't know wtf to do half the time.  :lol:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2012, 02:58:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »

SOD didn't talk as much in 5 years as DS has done in 6 months.

If the mob had their way SOD wouldn't have lasted 6 months.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2012, 03:00:20 pm by hoolahoop »

Yes he did.  ;)

No he didn't neither did he gloss over problems in the fans fora that he could be bothered to attend.  :P

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2012, 03:01:41 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2012, 03:11:13 pm by SiBo »

What do they say BB, actions speak louder than words? Never more was that true than in SOD's case as DS is so aptly proving for him!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 20, 2012, 03:12:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Care to elaborate as I'm not a member of any 'mob' and didn't call for SO'Ds ''head '' at any time neither am I a boo boy. Come on BB substantiate that statement against me.........

I never said that you were a member of any mob.
 I never said you called for SO'Ds "head".
I never said the statement was against you.

What I said was that there was a similar response from members of the mob after O'Driscolls first 6 months at the club.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 20, 2012, 03:15:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »

What do they say BB, actions speak louder than words? Never more was that true than in SOD's case as DS is so aptly proving for him!

Yes, and if the mob had their way, those 'actions' would have never been realised.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 20, 2012, 03:16:00 pm by mjdgreg »
Amongst all the nonsense he spouts, I do agree we would have stayed up if Billy had stayed. But only if SOD had remained as manager. Saunders could have had Messi playing for him and he'd still have got us relegated.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 20, 2012, 03:18:58 pm by SiBo »
So we go full circle as WM said this week they always knew Billy was going to leave, which means DS can't use Billy as any sort of excuse. The onus is on WM and DS to come up with a contingency to deal with Billy leaving. They didn't so DS can't use it as one of his many attempted excuses unless of course Billy was never going to leave and it is WM that is making that up! Who knows, clear as mud.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:22:07 pm by SiBo »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 20, 2012, 03:28:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Really, its so pointless going over and over the past with the what if's. Some of the stats are interesting, I'll give you that.

So, apart from the lazy shots at "lets have a new manager", try coming up with positive suggestions of what you'd do  :scarf: :boxing: :clapping: and not what you wouldn't do   :facepalm: :crying::suicide:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 20, 2012, 03:40:49 pm by Jonathan »
WM said in November he felt we could make the play offs if we could hang on to Diouf, Chimbonda and Beye. Interesting to hear now that he knew Sharp was going when he made this statement.

Must have made relegation even more surprising to him (although he now suggests it was inevitable).

Saunders probably only got the job as a result of Sharp's absence from the team and his subsequent willingness to be a part of McKay's plan, and he now identifies this as a root cause of relegation.

Too much comfusion, too many people singing from different hymn sheets, on and off the pitch.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 20, 2012, 03:42:32 pm by Wellred »
It is totally pointless trying to have any kind of argument on this forum anymore.
The likes of Mjdgreg, Hoolahoop and one or two others on here would eat SOD's shit if he asked them.
After all the sun shone out of his arse didn't it?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 20, 2012, 11:52:10 pm by BobG »
Thank you Jonathan. I've been waiting, without much hope tbh, for someone other than I to remind people of what WM and Teflon Man said when they arrived - about where the club would finish this season. And that what we've heard from them since is a classic, absolute classic, case of trimming and tacking to present themselves in the best possible light - and, incidentally, others unable to defend themselves, in the worst possible light as a consequence. Like everyone knows, you can't fool all the people for all the time, but you sure can fool an awful lot of people for a very long time indeed.  Masses of examples of that everywhere and everywhen. This is just one more to add to the collection.

BobG

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 21, 2012, 12:07:52 am by ditch_drfc »
Tell you what Bob. Why not stop chatting shit and actually find some quotes where Saunders categorically guaranteed we would finish in the play-offs.

Given that you think he's gone on the record saying that a lot, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find a firm quote.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 21, 2012, 12:22:13 am by BobG »
Nope. Yoiu can go find your own quotes. I'm not giving you, free, what I have worked to find out. I've told you it's out there. You go get it yourself and stop waiting for other people to do it for you. You'll feel better when you do something for yourself.

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 21, 2012, 12:23:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
Tell you what Bob. Why not stop chatting shit and actually find some quotes where Saunders categorically guaranteed we would finish in the play-offs.

Given that you think he's gone on the record saying that a lot, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find a firm quote.

Well said that man!
It's just another case of the usual tripe spat out by someone on an agenda. An agenda that is far more important to the author in sustaining his own legendary status on the forum than the future success of Doncaster Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012