Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:19:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian Stock / Martin Woods  (Read 2363 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Brian Stock / Martin Woods
« on April 24, 2012, 08:20:32 pm by philsky »

Whats the return prognosis - wait for next season ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Brian Stock / Martin Woods
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2012, 09:07:00 pm by mushRTID »
These 2 must be on 10k a week between them, cant help think we will try to offload.

For the record if they stayed fit they would dominate league 1 in my opinion, unfortunately they cant.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2012, 01:20:46 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
2 of the best midfielders without a doubt for Rovers in Championship but also the most injuried.

Difficult one suppose...

If money was no object then keep them definately otherwise sadly they will have to go!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2012, 01:29:04 pm by MrFrost »
I presume neither have a relegation clause in the contract which would make it difficult to keep them on their current contracts.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2012, 02:32:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Mr Frost quote
I presume neither have a relegation clause in the contract which would make it difficult to keep them on their current contracts.

With their injury record while we have been in the Championship I cannot see any team taking a gamble on them. If they are both fit they should take a drop in pay and both help the team that has given them a good living over the past three years while they been on the injury table.

Brian has played 50% and Martin 26% of games over the last three years. Time for them to help the club.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:39:34 pm by steve@dcfd »

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2012, 05:43:47 pm by DRFCTom »
Couldn't agree more steve, if they decide to leave then I see that as a bit disrespectful to be honest after we have been paying them still with there injuries. The least they can do is give us a season or two?
I could definately see stocky staying, I'm pretty sure I remember an interview with him where he pretty much said he would probably finish his career here.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2012, 06:43:13 pm by wilts rover »
How many injury prone luxury players can we afford on a League 1 budget?

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2012, 07:56:22 pm by DRFCTom »
Maybe say to them that we have kept the faith with them for this long so maybe take a league one paycut? You don't ask you don't get!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2012, 08:11:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Both are a big distraction from building a team that play together week after week, get rid.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2012, 08:43:27 pm by RedJ »
This isn't an "I know a bloke from darn t'pub who says.." post, I was actually stood outside the KM talking to a bloke who'd just had his photo took with Stock and BS said that he wanted to stay for the rest of his career

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2012, 10:57:59 pm by steve@dcfd »
Both are a big distraction from building a team that play together week after week, get rid.

You can only get rid if another club wants them or you pay their contract up. Who will want two players who have an injury record like theirs.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2012, 09:11:04 am by Colin C No.3 »
Mr Frost quote

With their injury record while we have been in the Championship I cannot see any team taking a gamble on them. If they are both fit they should take a drop in pay and both help the team that has given them a good living over the past three years while they been on the injury table.

Brian has played 50% and Martin 26% of games over the last three years. Time for them to help the club.
These are professional footballers we're talking about, people who in the main sell their 'wares' to the highest bidder. For another 'Grand' a week they'd be off like a shot, long spells on our treatment table while still pocketing their full pay or not. Remember Kevin McKintyre?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012