Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:29:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Out of Contract players NOT ROVERS PLAYERS  (Read 3038 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Out of Contract players NOT ROVERS PLAYERS
« on April 29, 2012, 01:33:57 pm by Draytonian III »
Any one know of a site that shows out of contract players from 30th of June,so we can guess what players may be gracing the Keepmoat turf in Red and Hoops next season :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

Re: Out of Contract players NOT ROVERS PLAYERS
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2012, 02:12:59 pm by pubteam »
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB2_2012.html

You can sort by division at the top.

EDIT - Not sure how accurate it is. It says JOC is out of contract - I thought he had another year?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2012, 02:17:30 pm by dickos1 »
It has friend stock o Connor on that list

pubteam

« Reply #3 on April 29, 2012, 02:19:09 pm by pubteam »
I know. I found it, and then having looked through it, there seems to be quite a few Rovers players listed who are under contract.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2012, 02:35:25 pm by ravenrover »
Or is that players who were under contract but have been released mutually or otherwise! Mr Saunders did say that he needs to move all the players who are under contract to free up funds to bring in players he wants and who want to play for DRFC.  :chair:

pubteam

« Reply #5 on April 29, 2012, 02:38:43 pm by pubteam »
Or is that players who were under contract but have been released mutually or otherwise! Mr Saunders did say that he needs to move all the players who are under contract to free up funds to bring in players he wants and who want to play for DRFC.  :chair:

I doubt it. Gary Woods is on that list, and I can't see him moving on. Not due to being a big earner anyway.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2012, 02:43:34 pm by ravenrover »
No not being a big earner but fairly uselss as a Keeper. JMHO

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2012, 03:20:48 pm by rich1471 »
on radio sheffield on the way to the match yesterday they said 11 out the 12 contracted player 11 had a clause in there contract to reduce there wages if we to be relegated so the wage bill might not be as bad as saunders makes it out to be

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2012, 03:43:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
The advent of the salary cap next season though may mean that even if every one of those 11 contracts had a 50% reduction in there, we are still going to be way over budget putting together a squad of 20+ players.

pubteam

« Reply #9 on April 29, 2012, 03:43:55 pm by pubteam »
on radio sheffield on the way to the match yesterday they said 11 out the 12 contracted player 11 had a clause in there contract to reduce there wages if we to be relegated so the wage bill might not be as bad as saunders makes it out to be

If he's accounted for that and we're STILL £1m over budget, then you've got to question how we ever allowed it to reach that stage.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 29, 2012, 04:25:37 pm by ravenrover »
When you are in the Championship you pay Championship wages or you don't keep/sign the players! I would hazard a guess that our average pay players are no where near the average pay for the rest of the Championship and that is allowing for all the "Big Spending" teams who have tried to buy their way out of the Division.
If they introduced a rule, say effective from 2013-2014 season that any team going into administration were relegated to the 4th tier I wonder how many would go into admin in season 2012-2013. I know it's a stupid idea but it does annoy me when teams are using multi millions of pounds that they don't have it's cheating.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2012, 09:35:38 pm by BobG »
Interesting thought Raven. Are the Rovers cheating therefore? We certainly don't generate the money we've spent these last several years you know! Clever dodge on share issues is all that's keep the good ship DRFC afloat....

BobG

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2012, 10:06:48 pm by ravenrover »
I think you know where I coming from and are being just a little mischievous. There is a massive difference from subsidising a team to the tune of £4-5million to not being even able to afford the interset payments on the amount that has been borrowed in an attempt to buy your way to the promised land.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2012, 10:08:18 pm by BobG »
:):)

True Ravem. True. I'm sorry. But although the scale of the offence may be vastly different, the underlying principle is not is it?

Cheers :)

BobG

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2012, 10:12:46 pm by ravenrover »
It is, but there always different ways of telling the truth in business  ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2012, 10:30:05 pm by BobG »
Lol!! That's damn right that is! Just ask my thrice benighted employer.....!

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012