Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:37:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gary Neville  (Read 1687 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Gary Neville
« on May 14, 2012, 04:27:12 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Been appointed to coaching staff for England set up

but will continue with his sky duties

have to say i have always liked listening to him on his analysis for the games

including the other week what can happen in a match when you play 4-4-2 against a 4-2-3-1 formation ( was the blackburn vs wigan match ) such as what happened when England played Germany in world cup 2010

maybe something for us to bear in mind as i prefer us playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 as opposed to the 4-4-2 formation

i know its a long shot but if we ever had a managerial vacancy up for grabs again i wouldn't mind us having a go for someone like GN

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Gary Neville
« Reply #1 on May 14, 2012, 06:29:52 pm by RoversAlias »
I still don't like him, even if I don't often find myself disagreeing with his analysis. I'd not be best pleased if he became manager here anytime soon.

For the England set-up though, it's a good move - he has tonnes of international experience and as a result will know a fair few of the players well too.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2012, 10:36:54 pm by southwestexile »
pmsl when I heard about this appointment

does anyone else see parallels to that marvellous partnership of Phil Neal and Graham Taylor

maybe a seat on the bench for David Pleat to complete an equally unholy Triumpherate

Cue Euros, cue 0 goals and 0 pts and a long summer holiday

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2012, 06:04:31 am by RoversAlias »
I won't be having criticism of Fizzer going off here  :mad:

Phil Neville would be an asset to the England coaching set-up, hence why Hodgson is trying to get him on board as well.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2012, 04:12:01 pm by donnyroversfc »
Fizzer is VERY highly rated by people in the footballing circles, especially David Moyes.

Phil Neville is 100% going to be the next Everton manager, its already sorted. It's an appointment i'll be very happy with.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2012, 06:58:32 pm by hoolahoop »
Ex-United player, no way I can support what he could bring to the existing shambles.  ;)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2012, 08:30:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Fizzer is VERY highly rated by people in the footballing circles, especially David Moyes.

Phil Neville is 100% going to be the next Everton manager, its already sorted. It's an appointment i'll be very happy with.

You reckon? Is he going to be groomed to take over when Moyes inevitably replaces Fergie?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2012, 08:32:59 pm by donnyroversfc »

You reckon? Is he going to be groomed to take over when Moyes inevitably replaces Fergie?

Exactly whats going to happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012