Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:54:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Transfers latest  (Read 5290 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Transfers latest
« on May 25, 2012, 10:57:24 am by roverstillidie91 »
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-mathias-pogba-no-go-for-rovers-as-james-harper-deal-stalls-1-4583148

Doncaster Rovers look resigned to losing midfielder James Coppinger but Wrexham’s Mathias Pogba will not be the player coming in to replace him at the Keepmoat.

Rovers manager Dean Saunders denied the claims that the French striker, who can also play as a winger, would be Rovers’ first signing of the close season.

Rumours had been circulating that Saunders had an eye on Pogba as a replacement for the club’s longest serving player, who has been at the club since 2004.

Coppinger had been placed on the club’s retained list by Saunders however it is believed that this was for purely financial reasons and Saunders is looking to sell the player to slash the colossal wage bill at the club.

Saunders says that he doubts Rovers will be signing any players over the next two weeks as he attempts to keep control over the clubs wages, but one big sale could be what the club needs in terms of managing the bill.

Rovers wage bill is said to be £1million over their initial budget despite the release of 12 first team players including Simon Gillett and Sam Hird last week.

High earners, Habib Bamogo and Pascal Chimbonda have already been allowed to leave the club after their short term deals expired in an attempt to substantially lower the bill.

There are seven players coming to the end of their contracts that Saunders plans to try and keep hold of, but he won’t be offering them new deals until after a fortnight’s time. The 13 players remaining in contract at the club includes Senegal international Habib Beye, believed to be one of the highest earners at the club, who may have to leave the Keepmoat in order to get the wage bill down.

Beye is on an 18 month deal, however the contract is believed to contain a clause that allows him to leave if Rovers were relegated.

Saunders will be hoping to hold on to the former Newcastle man but may have to sell if a club from the top two tiers come calling.

Doncaster have been linked with Cardiff’s Robert Earnshaw and former Coventry forward Freddy Eastwood, however Saunders has played down these rumours.

James Harper had talks with Rovers last week but a deal is believed to be on the rocks until the wage bill is slashed.

Rovers are reminding Season Ticket holders that seats will be reserved until June 1.

A week will be given for any Season Ticket holders wishing to change their seats and then all remaining seats will be released for general sale on Monday June 11

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Transfers latest
« Reply #1 on May 25, 2012, 11:21:54 am by Filo »
That just looks like a story made up by the Doncaster Star from various threads on this forum

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 25, 2012, 03:51:34 pm by The Red Baron »
I found this bit interesting:

High earners, Habib Bamogo and Pascal Chimbonda have already been allowed to leave the club after their short term deals expired in an attempt to substantially lower the bill.

There are seven players coming to the end of their contracts that Saunders plans to try and keep hold of, but he won’t be offering them new deals until after a fortnight’s time. The 13 players remaining in contract at the club includes Senegal international Habib Beye, believed to be one of the highest earners at the club, who may have to leave the Keepmoat in order to get the wage bill down.

OK, I'm not naive enough to believe that Chimbonda, Beye et al were on two grand a week, but if they were among our highest earners then it shows that the McKay plan was never going to work.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 25, 2012, 04:35:33 pm by andysly »
Load of cock.
Sell Copps to lower wage bill, but then interested in Earnshaw and Eastwood who must be on twice or three times as much.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 25, 2012, 05:29:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Beye was being paid 2k by us until he joined permanently.

Eastwood is a free agent and was on loan in League Two last season so he won't want too much in wages. Earnshaws probably winding down in his career too after not getting a look in last season at Cardiff.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:01:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 25, 2012, 05:50:23 pm by Wellred »
That just looks like a story made up by the Doncaster Star from various threads on this forum

If this forum didn't exist the SHEFFIELD Star would struggle to find anything about Rovers to print.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #6 on May 25, 2012, 06:30:14 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Let's face it were not going anywhere soon without some quality in the sidegoing I one is coming here for the money , so WHAT is going to get them flocking to the Keepmoat ? I can see why it can take a while to get out of League 1 but it defies logic if you don't retain some of the players who have experience in the battle . New players will only fail to deliver without purpose and direction driven by the ambition of the club as a whole . It is negative I know but to lack about replacing players of Copps before he had even left says to me he is going too cheap and his replacement maybe just another failed had been .

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 26, 2012, 12:31:20 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He's one of the few players we have under contract,that i would think a few teams would be interested in,we could maybe keep him if a few of the others were paid off with their contracts,if we keep waiting for non existent bids for injury prone players we will still be in the same situation come next pre-season,in the long run it needs to be sorted out now!!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 26, 2012, 01:09:47 am by MachoMadness »
In short, finances are tight and we'll sign players when we sign them. Same as every season really?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 26, 2012, 01:17:37 am by RoversAlias »
Sorry Macho, I'm afraid that attitude contains too much logic, rationale and sensibility, and not enough sensationalism or doom-mongering.

THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT! AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!!!!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 26, 2012, 01:27:37 am by MachoMadness »
You'd have thought people would be used to it, we heard the same thing from SO'D every season for the past 5 years. No money, have to make do with frees and ship out the dead wood before we can bring anyone in... there's probably going to be a bit more reshuffling as we've been relegated but a lot of the talk on the board lately is mindblowing. Didn't someone the other day say we were destined for admin? Unbelievable.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 26, 2012, 01:30:26 am by RoversAlias »
Exactly! Some people have taken the words out of the club far too seriously and have devised the worst possible scenario in their head. I'm not quite sure why, maybe it is just a byproduct of the negative air that has engulfed the club in the last 18 months since this downward spiral began. We all need to get out of that funk and get clearer, more positive heads on our shoulders.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 26, 2012, 01:49:43 am by MachoMadness »
If only! Now there's someone you could always rely on for a soundbite to get the team fired up!  :lol:

We could at least adopt the dress sense for our away kits. Incidentally, was the one year anniversary of his death this week. Always sad to see your childhood heroes go.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 26, 2012, 03:56:35 am by RoversAlias »
It was indeed aye, a sad and tragic death. Macho will never be forgotten though I reckon!

And I'd buy the away kit in a heartbeat if it was styled on his threads, haha.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 02, 2012, 11:16:29 am by RobTheRover »
I dont think the gay cowboy look will be high on the agenda when away kits are considered.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 02, 2012, 03:59:50 pm by Drover »
Gay cowboy,now there's a strange stereotype?Mind you,should we be suprised?They do like their chaps don't they! :coat:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012