Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 01:07:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Sales  (Read 3401 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Season Ticket Sales
« on June 01, 2012, 11:54:48 pm by MrFrost »
How many we shifted so far?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Sales
« Reply #1 on June 02, 2012, 12:08:13 am by Mr1Croft »
I normally ask them every week, but haven't this week for some reason (been a little on the busy side), however the last figure I got was around the 2300 area, and the word is they are ringing up existing season ticket holders who haven't renewed, which spells to me that not many more have renewed.

We were only 600 down at one point, but at the current time I am pretty sure we are over 1000 behind now.

However I suspect it may pick up again after the Euro's and Olympics, we do normally shift quite a bit in August too.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 02, 2012, 12:12:11 am by MrFrost »
It was at 2300 at the deadline if my memory serves me correctly. Interesting Rotherham have shifted 4000. I know they have a new stadium, but still, if the figure is still sitting around 2300 then to me that is very very worrying.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 02, 2012, 12:20:05 am by Mr1Croft »
Like I said I haven't checked in the last couple of weeks. It was 2287 just after the deadline passed, and it reached over 2300 in the last I heard.

On the 5th June last year we had sold 3279, so we could still be only 600 down.

Rotherham have been playing some miles from Roteherham so the move to the new stadium has been awaited for a while and they well not shift many more from now until the season begins, they have sold so many due to momentum.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 02, 2012, 01:31:48 am by roverstillidie91 »
I think to be honest everyone will be probably be awaiting what happens regards to transfers and of course the meeting at the keempoat stadium coming up this month and then decide if they purchase a season ticket or go on a match by match basis

ill be going on a match by match basis and i am unemployed and may end up working weekends and due to the fact im 21 now means i have to pay adult price  :headbang:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 02, 2012, 01:43:53 am by donnyroversfc »
I haven't renewed mine yet, but i will be... You have to expect sales to be down, we've just been relegated in a pathetic manner. People will be angry, why spend good money on something that makes you that angry and upset?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 02, 2012, 04:31:24 am by RedJ »
I haven't renewed mine yet, but i will be... You have to expect sales to be down, we've just been relegated in a pathetic manner. People will be angry, why spend good money on something that makes you that angry and upset?

you've gotta take into account people still stumping up the cash before August to put into the purchase (although I know it won't be a massive number) and there'll also be people waiting until the seats are wiped clean (from people not yet renewed) wanting to move seats - not massive factors but still play a part.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 02, 2012, 08:10:18 am by Muttley »
I got a call from the ticket office yesterday to tell me that my seat was not now available as they are closing the north end of the east stand next season to save money on stewarding/policing etc

They've offered me a seat of my choosing anywhere else in the stadium, any category.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 02, 2012, 11:11:00 am by Filo »
I think to be honest everyone will be probably be awaiting what happens regards to transfers and of course the meeting at the keempoat stadium coming up this month and then decide if they purchase a season ticket or go on a match by match basis

ill be going on a match by match basis and i am unemployed and may end up working weekends and due to the fact im 21 now means i have to pay adult price  :headbang:

Aye, bit of a t**t really, I`m 49 in August and the cheeky t**ts are charging me adult prices!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 02, 2012, 11:19:46 am by Superspy »
I popped into the ticket office yesterday (to move my seat and renew my parking pass) and asked about sales. She said it was around the 2.7k mark and glanced at a board on the left side of the office which had something like this written on it:

Wednesday Target 2800
Thursday Actual: 2754

Or something like that. So maybe a few more have renewed in the last couple of weeks.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 02, 2012, 03:35:37 pm by andysly »
I must've gone in after you as the board said 2,761..
Which she said was slightly up on the clubs projection.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #11 on June 02, 2012, 08:08:11 pm by Rovin Reporter »
The Ostrich with its head in the sand . Thats our Board of Directors  will not listen , don't see what's coming and never say on anything on whats been done. I have sympathy for them but they should have started preparing for this drop before the end of last season. Dean Saunders will go the same way as SO'D all because they will not act with fore thought and belief that a positive outlook could have a positive ending .

If they want the supporters to believe that they are  giving all they can to get the first team sorted then give the manager the nod , so he can do his level best by signing his intended targets, i can not believe that they have not given thought to the possibility that they may have keep some of the big earners until january , So what happens then , will this £1m over budget still be there ? or will they pull the plug and go away and sulk  . I am  at a loss to understand that was not for seen , and it's out come not discussed so with next seasons fixtures  out soon ,  these players on our books are well capable to see 80% of these teams off . A  good positive start to the season will see may fans flock back to the club and low season ticket sale ( predicted by everyone )will fade into the past , because all we want is a team who are trying to win , and a Board showing the same belief .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 02, 2012, 09:49:14 pm by RedJ »
Another cock up (although not their fault obviously) in the TO today - computers had a virus, so possibly more lost sales. Saying that, if they were desperate enough to go in on a Saturday as my friend was, then I'm sure they'll probably go back.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 02, 2012, 09:57:02 pm by dickos1 »
Just under 3000 at this stage is good. As a championship club last year we had only sold slightly more. There won't be too many clubs in league 1 who have sold that amount already.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 03, 2012, 01:06:09 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Think we could do a lot worse board wise,but having said that,there never seems to be any forward planning in anything they do,Transfers,Tickets,everything really,they seem to react(too late)to a situation,rather than do a little innovative thinking,unfortunately the manager in most cases seems to carry the can,if Sean had been given a little more help in getting players at the right time we might not be where we are,but we are and as a few of you are saying it seems to be carrying on with Dean.
How can he ever be judged on his performance as the manager if they don't give him a chance,i've seen some comments already saying let's wait till the season after the next to start rebuilding through the youth system,as fans compared to most clubs i think we are quite realistic mostly on what we can achieve,but do we really want to just settle for League one after all the hard work it took to get us here,for me no way!!
Financially something needs to be done to release the players not in Deans plans,he made it pretty obvious last season from his comments and his teams,that he doesn't rate many of them anyway!!,i'm not against Dean by the way i want him to be a massive success with us,just because we are not a rich club it doesn't mean we have to lack ambition,i don't want us signing players we can't afford,but if we don't get something sorted out on recruiting players we are going to end up with what's left,and you know what that will be either injury prone players,or ones who just aren't good enough,it's a slippery slope that clubs been on many times,don't let us go there again,give the manager a chance to build a team!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012