Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:10:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: York City Capital One cup game  (Read 7829 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
York City Capital One cup game
« on June 22, 2012, 12:05:09 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Nice one  :rtid:

Rovers Capital One Cup 1st Round tie against York City has been arranged for Saturday 11th August (3.00pm kick off).

The game, which kicks off the 2012/13 season, is the first competitive meeting between the two sides since City dropped out of the Football League in 2004.

Ticket information for this tie will be announce in due course

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ctay

• Forum Member
Re: York City Capital One cup game
« Reply #1 on June 22, 2012, 12:12:27 pm by ctay »
Oh well another game I wont be able to go to now. Still play cricket, was delighted when the season started a week later, least its not a league game.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 22, 2012, 12:14:54 pm by Red wizard »
Great news. Hope the price is right and we should get a good crowd for the first round.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 22, 2012, 01:33:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I also can't go then either, had something planned for that weekend with the season supposedly starting later so that's 4 of us that won't be going that would have had it been midweek.  Just how it goes really, but they could've made this clearer a bit earlier IMO instead of saying week commencing the Monday then having it earlier.  But the day does make sense.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 22, 2012, 01:52:48 pm by Donnybax »
Thought this game might be on tv but apparantly not now then

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 22, 2012, 02:32:22 pm by River Don »
Capital One Cup?

Is that what they're calling the League Cup now?

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 22, 2012, 02:36:46 pm by ctay »
correct, not got the same ring really!

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 22, 2012, 09:53:29 pm by SIRFRAN »
Hope its a decent game, has potential to have the feel of another pre season game in a competition that neither will take serious as there not gonna progress anywhere! Be more concerned injuries etc before season starts

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 22, 2012, 09:57:49 pm by hoolahoop »
Shite I'm working too..........I rely on Tuesday matches to get my fix.  :( :( :(

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 22, 2012, 10:09:30 pm by Alan_Rovers »
I hope the club charge sensible prices and reward the loyalty of those who have already bought a season ticket by offering free admission.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 22, 2012, 10:17:32 pm by mushRTID »
Why should they give us free tickets?

Why do people always want rewarding for buying a season ticket? What happened to buying one to support your team?

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2012, 10:43:00 pm by SIRFRAN »
I think the club should promote free kids tickets with any paying adult for the game!! Try and get the next generation of supporter through the gates!!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 23, 2012, 12:56:33 am by Alan_Rovers »
For the last 2 seasons it has worked out cheaper to pay on the day than buy a season ticket. Those of us who have bought a season ticket already deserve priority over everyone else and rewarding for our loyalty. Why should the jonny come lately's get priority?

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 23, 2012, 09:15:45 am by Beerseller »
Don't presume to speak for all season ticket holders thank you. 

Why is it more loyal to buy a season ticket than to buy a ticket for each match you can afford?  If I could afford to attend only one match a season why would that make me less loyal than someone who could afford a season ticket and why should that more affluent person then receive a free ticket to an additional game?

Your season ticket gives you a guarantee of sitting where you choose for a fixed cost per season together with priority booking of that seat for cup games. That is the service you buy into when you obtain a season ticket.  If that is not enough for you and it is not cost effective for you then buy on a per match basis.  There is no less loyalty in you doing so.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 23, 2012, 09:22:05 am by The Red Baron »
Good decision by the club IMO. Will mean an extra couple of thousand on the gate and a better atmosphere. York will be treating it as their first game back as a League club, so expect a decent turnout from them.

They just need to pitch the ticket prices right now. I'd say £15 adults and £5 concessions would pull in a good number.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 23, 2012, 10:16:22 am by Red wizard »
£10 for adults and £2 a kid. Lets not forfet the nore we get in the more we make on food and drinks now.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 23, 2012, 01:19:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
Don't know but York might want to make some money and could insist on a higher gate fee than those already suggested.
It has happened before.
Don't eally know the rules re Ticket prices in this competition but i think they will have a say :cool:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 23, 2012, 01:21:41 pm by MrFrost »
For the last 2 seasons it has worked out cheaper to pay on the day than buy a season ticket. Those of us who have bought a season ticket already deserve priority over everyone else and rewarding for our loyalty. Why should the jonny come lately's get priority?

No, it hasn't.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 23, 2012, 01:24:27 pm by Filo »

No it has n`t! I presume you`ve got facts and figures to back that up?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 23, 2012, 01:58:24 pm by RedJ »

No it has n`t! I presume you`ve got facts and figures to back that up?

has Superspy posted his results from last season when he actually worked out the cost of both methods?

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 23, 2012, 03:09:04 pm by Alan_Rovers »
It has worked out cheaper. John Ryan needs to hang his head in shame because this is why season ticket sales are down for four seasons in a row. I have renewed for next season, but if it works out cheaper again then I won't be renewing ever again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 23, 2012, 03:13:48 pm by Filo »
It has worked out cheaper. John Ryan needs to hang his head in shame because this is why season ticket sales are down for four seasons in a row. I have renewed for next season, but if it works out cheaper again then I won't be renewing ever again.

No it has n`t, and again provide your evidence!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 23, 2012, 03:15:49 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Because it has worked out cheaper for the last two years, both of my sons have chosen not to renew for this season so that is another £1,000 the club has lost through incompetence.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 23, 2012, 03:21:20 pm by Filo »
Because it has worked out cheaper for the last two years, both of my sons have chosen not to renew for this season so that is another £1,000 the club has lost through incompetence.

What bit of "no it has n`t" do you not understand?

Instead of repeating yourself, provide your evidence!

If you attend all games, a season ticket is the cheapest way to watch the Rovers!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 23, 2012, 03:22:05 pm by Alan_Rovers »
It hasn't been for the last two seasons. Not if you sit in my seat in the West Stand.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 23, 2012, 03:22:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

It has not ffs. Do the maths you idiot.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 23, 2012, 03:24:57 pm by Alan_Rovers »
It has. Two games were free in the 2010/11 season and seven games were £15 that season. Some people sitting me at some games even when it was expensive had paid a cheaper price and just moved seats to better ones when they got in the stadium.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 23, 2012, 03:41:26 pm by dickos1 »
Alan, I notice your first ever post was 2/3 weeks ago and was talking about people with no perception and being negative constantly.
Why don't you follow your own advice??

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 23, 2012, 03:49:37 pm by Filo »
Alan, I notice your first ever post was 2/3 weeks ago and was talking about people with no perception and being negative constantly.
Why don't you follow your own advice??

I`ll quote that post as it does have some relevance to hypocrisy of Alan

Why do some people who post on this forum have no perception of what the club is trying to do and only want to find the negative in everything?

Remember when we were bottom of the league on Christmas day in 2008. We couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and although we had played quite well in most games that season, there was a very real chance we were going to be relegated later that season.

But we didn't get relegated. We stayed up, punched above our weight and continued to do so for three years. Ultimately, things weren't meant to be and we have now fallen back to our natural position in football in the lower leagues, but can't we accept that and look towards the future now in League One.

Constant criticism of the manager and/or individuals who have served this club in the past is going to get us nowhere. I know our club sometimes leave a lot to be desired with the way they do things off the pitch and they have probably isolated people with some bad decision making at times, but it is done now and the past cannot be altered. If some individuals want to treat our club with contempt then that is their choice, but the rest of us are moving on with life and accepting the rough with the smooth.

People wanting an apology is ridiculous. Why do you want an apology for watching us play the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds United, Wolves and West Brom in the last four years?

Having been a Rovers fan since the 1980's, I was no great advocate of the McKay scheme and didn't like the way JR foistered him upon us. It comes as no surprise to learn that McKay has now disappeared and doesn't want anything to do with us anymore, but what we need to do now is us to support our club.

We may be back where we belong in the lower leagues, but our dream will only ever be over when individuals who have been spoiled with success in the last few years throw their teddy out the pram and ridiculously disown us, because their demands have not been met.

Shame on you if you are one of those people!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 23, 2012, 03:50:55 pm by Alan_Rovers »
What happened on the pitch last season is one thing. Even red nose at Man United would have struggled to keep us up.

What happened off it though is another. John Ryan doesn't need to apologise to fans, he needs to learn from his mistakes and make better decisions that involve matters off the pitch. After all, he let the last CEO blunder along for years and only sacked him long after everyone had realised he was useless at his job.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012