Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:39:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers, Dons and the future.  (Read 6999 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Rovers, Dons and the future.
« on July 02, 2012, 07:33:46 pm by newyankee »

If you go to the Doncaster RLFC webpage you will find an official statement from the owners of the Dons.

The gist of the statement is that the Dons will continue to be owned, lead and managed by the team which has moved the club forward over the past 30 months, giving financial stability to and continuity to the club in the future.

When Doncaster Rovers take over running the Keepmoat, the existing sub lease and its terms and conditions will be protected. This shouls consolidate our very good working relationship with the Rovers.

On top of our independance there maybe situations where, along with the other Keepmoat occupants, the joint use of service providers, purchasing, ticket sales and general administration costs could be of financial benefit to all.

One of the more emotive matters arising from the article in the Free Press, was that of the Dons AWAY strip being modelled on the Rovers HOME strip. The Dons find it hard to understand why this should be difficult to understand as in the last three years the away srip has changed each year.

They have had black and white, red and black and pink and grey away strips. The RFL would have the final say, but the traditional Blue and Gold home colours would not change.

In summary, the Dons are in good heart both on and off the field, but if working with others could benefit the Dons in the future, then it would be botha unacceptable and inadvisable not to to explore the opportunities thaat could open up as we push for promotio n and thereafter.

I think that this is a very positive statement fromthe Dons and should help  Rovers get agreement from other teams at the Keepmoat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers, Dons and the future.
« Reply #1 on July 02, 2012, 07:51:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well we did try to make these points on an alternate thread, I don't quite understand some Dons fans paranoia about the football club they've shared with for at least 10 years be it the Keepmoat or Belle Vue.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 02, 2012, 08:08:01 pm by The Beast »
As with any club you'll find the more extreme and militant fans are the most outspoken.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 02, 2012, 08:29:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Their our bitches now do what they f**king told!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 02, 2012, 09:28:00 pm by hoolahoop »
Their our bitches now do what they f***ing told!

Very mature as usual norfolk.........remember this is a team from OUR town. No wonder with posts like yours that some Dons fans are concerned.
I hope that was totally tongue in cheek and you forgot to put the winky in. ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 02, 2012, 09:48:36 pm by jonnydog »
I wager he puts the winky in every night!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 02, 2012, 10:01:37 pm by hoolahoop »
I wager he puts the winky in every night!!

Ah but where and to whom ?  :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 02, 2012, 10:19:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Their our bitches now do what they f***ing told!

Very mature as usual norfolk.........remember this is a team from OUR town. No wonder with posts like yours that some Dons fans are concerned.
I hope that was totally tongue in cheek and you forgot to put the winky in. ;)

of course going on 15th july

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 02, 2012, 11:30:29 pm by donnyallday »
When them eggers were at tattyfields they were up in arms about coming to Belle Vue... didnt want to be linked with our ground at all... Next stop Keepmoat... and the still moaning.. all the one hundred of them.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2012, 12:15:21 am by newyankee »

Another Norfolk, what the hell is wrong with supporters of    different sports working together.  The more sports that are available the better it is for the people of Doncaster.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2012, 06:33:02 pm by newyankee »

I thought you would like to know what goes on ovwer here in Milwaukee. We have several sporting teams which have different attendance levels, but the town is always pleased when a team, no matter how small achieves something.

Milwaukee Brewers Baseball             Average att   35,221

Milwaukee Bucks  Basketball            Average att   14,000

Milwaukee Admirals Ice Hockey        Average Att    8,000

Milwaukee Wave Indoor Soccer         Average Att    5.000

Milwaukee Mustangs  Ind Am'n F'ball Average Att   5,000

There are differing fan bases, but just to have ONE team would be wrong. There is room in Donny for the Rovers, Dons and Knights, maybe the problem is lack of marketing technique or apathy, but I do feel that Gavin Baldwin is going to change the former and, hopefully make an impact on the latter.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 04, 2012, 07:05:21 pm by cmonyoureds »
Are half of you people real been one of best players I have seen at rovers!!!!!!!!!! You never know what will happen with this move but who made more appearances last year!!!!! Rovers always look better when stocky plays fact biggest loss the club will have in years his banter with lads is great looks after everyone well proper down to earth good lad who has time for everyone and put his career in doubt with injections etc so many time but half you fans prefer people like el hadji Dioulasso which says everything to me !!!!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 04, 2012, 09:22:30 pm by Ldr »
Possibly the most irrelevant post for this thread  :evil:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 04, 2012, 10:59:55 pm by Filo »
Are half of you people real been one of best players I have seen at rovers!!!!!!!!!! You never know what will happen with this move but who made more appearances last year!!!!! Rovers always look better when stocky plays fact biggest loss the club will have in years his banter with lads is great looks after everyone well proper down to earth good lad who has time for everyone and put his career in doubt with injections etc so many time but half you fans prefer people like el hadji Dioulasso which says everything to me !!!!

I think they`re all real, that real in fact that they have the remarkable ability to make a post in the correct thread!

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 05, 2012, 12:18:02 am by DC- »
The only problem I can see with the Dons playing in an away kit of red and white hoops is the same problem that could have been faced when Rovers played in an away kit of blue and white hoops. If you find yourself in the wrong city and people don't take time to check the badge, you may be mistaken. Take a visit to St. Helens in a red and white hooped rugby top and I'm not sure you'll make many friends.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 05, 2012, 12:41:25 am by silent majority »
The only problem I can see with the Dons playing in an away kit of red and white hoops is the same problem that could have been faced when Rovers played in an away kit of blue and white hoops. If you find yourself in the wrong city and people don't take time to check the badge, you may be mistaken. Take a visit to St. Helens in a red and white hooped rugby top and I'm not sure you'll make many friends.

I don't think its a question of red and white hoops, more a question of red and white as colours. It just makes branding at the stadium easier and more consistent.

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 10, 2012, 07:57:09 pm by paddy hoops »

Well that wouldn't be a problem would it, if you were playing St Helens in St Helens then St Helens would be playing in red and white and the Dons would be playing in Blue and Gold.

I've got to say this is probably the best idea I've heard regarding Doncaster's sports teams for ages. Lets just hope they can all put their marketing resources together and actually let people know when somethings happening and up the profiles of all of the teams.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!  :scarf:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 10, 2012, 08:39:10 pm by newyankee »

It's all getting better from the view of the Dons and Rovers  getting together. It's on DROS that for the two games against Workington and Barrow, Rovers season ticket holders can get in for half price to hopefully shout the Dons on to promotion to the Rugby League Championship.

These are definitely the benefits that come from the clubs working together rather than fighting each other. The sooner the fans of both teams realise that this is good for the future of professional sport in Doncaster the better it will be all rou nd.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 10, 2012, 08:56:37 pm by Alickismyhero »
Good article NY

I can see the sense in the connections becoming closer for both teams. That man BALDWIN is ringing in the changes. I have a feeling that he is the best signing we have made in a long time. I hope we have him on a long long contract.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 10, 2012, 09:25:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Good article NY

I can see the sense in the connections becoming closer for both teams. That man BALDWIN is ringing in the changes. I have a feeling that he is the best signing we have made in a long time. I hope we have him on a long long contract.

Don't forget Rovers Alliance members also can get half price tickets.
 and it really looks like Gavin is ringing in the changes,  as NYY says lets get behind all things Doncaster.............well perhaps with the odd exception  :ohmy:

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 11, 2012, 08:35:21 pm by paddy hoops »
So as anyone heard of anything involving the other Donny sports teams then or ha the only development been in regards to the Dons.

It'd be good if this could help out the smaller teams as well, such as the Athletics team and even the Mustangs (American Football). After all improving the profiles of these teams cant be bad for the town either.

COME ON YOU HOOOOOOPS!!!!  :scarf:

GM-MarkB

« Reply #21 on July 12, 2012, 04:20:26 pm by GM-MarkB »
So as anyone heard of anything involving the other Donny sports teams then or ha the only development been in regards to the Dons.

It'd be good if this could help out the smaller teams as well, such as the Athletics team and even the Mustangs (American Football). After all improving the profiles of these teams cant be bad for the town either.

Would be nice to be asked.....

This season is our first in the top flight (Premier) division of UK football and we have secured a play off spot. Our next 2 games will determine whether we get a bye in round 1 and home field advantage in the Semis,  just home field advantage in the Quarters or and away trip to (probably) the defending British Champions.

I think we've done rather well for a team surviving on players subs (and paying for their own buses...our next game is away at East Kilbride who are top of our division...almost a grand for the coach hire) and no real major backers.

And next season we are about 95% certain to be appointing one of the most experienced men to the Head Coach role in British football

So yes...a little help would be most welcome

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 12, 2012, 04:24:23 pm by Filo »

Would be nice to be asked.....

This season is our first in the top flight (Premier) division of UK football and we have secured a play off spot. Our next 2 games will determine whether we get a bye in round 1 and home field advantage in the Semis,  just home field advantage in the Quarters or and away trip to (probably) the defending British Champions.

I think we've done rather well for a team surviving on players subs (and paying for their own buses...our next game is away at East Kilbride who are top of our division...almost a grand for the coach hire) and no real major backers.

And next season we are about 95% certain to be appointing one of the most experienced men to the Head Coach role in British football

So yes...a little help would be most welcome

Have you not considered putting the feelers out yourselves, see how the land lies?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #23 on July 12, 2012, 04:37:27 pm by GM-MarkB »
I've already had a long pleasant conversation with Gavin but as yet nothing has materialised. Don't get me wrong, i'm not waiting to be asked and fully intend to meet with him again.

We have a long off season (Sept - April) so there'll be plenty of time to pursue it further.

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 12, 2012, 06:56:52 pm by paddy hoops »
I've already had a long pleasant conversation with Gavin but as yet nothing has materialised. Don't get me wrong, i'm not waiting to be asked and fully intend to meet with him again.

We have a long off season (Sept - April) so there'll be plenty of time to pursue it further.

Well it'd be could if something could be sorted. Especially with the sports that are growing in popularity. If the set up can help these teams compete at a higher level then it can only improve these teams fan bases, therefore adding more dosh to the pot.
I realise this has probably already been pointed out, lets just say this is me thinking aloud.

On a similar train of thought, does anyone know if Donny Panthers are still going in some form?

COME ON YOU HOOOOOOOPS!!!!  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012