Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:30:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sean Dyche sacked at Watford.  (Read 1485 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Sean Dyche sacked at Watford.
« on July 03, 2012, 05:20:49 pm by newyankee »

Hopefully, to put an end to all those who felt that SoD had been badly treated when he lost his job after many more losses than wins, spare a thought foor Sean Dyche.

Dyche has been sacked at Watford to provide a job for Gianfranco Zola. This, after taking Watford to their highest Championship position ( 11th ) for four years, in his first season in the job.

I think this proves once and for all that there is no such thing as loyalty in football today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Sean Dyche sacked at Watford.
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2012, 05:28:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
New owners though so what loyalty did they have to him. Dyche gets a good pay off and a new job no doubt quickly. Watford despite new owners seen to go through a crazy number of managers.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 03, 2012, 05:40:29 pm by scuzzer »
Yes please!!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2012, 06:26:19 pm by andysly »
Did a very good job with one of the pre-season relegation favourites. Hope he picks up a decent job after his unjust dismissal.
Just seen Watford fans on SSN saying Dyche was doing a decent job, though one muppet described Zola as being a proven manager.
If being proven means presiding over the decline of West Ham, some folk amaze me just cos it's a big name it's good news. Dyche was proven, last season was his proving.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2012, 08:19:50 pm by RoversAlias »
Zola did do a decent job at West Ham, to be fair. I seem to remember he took them to the top half of the division when they had been a struggling side then got sacked off for Avram Grant, who proceeded to get them relegated.

I hope Sean Dyche gets the next available Championship job, unless of course he could come here next time we need a new boss :P

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 04, 2012, 03:40:15 pm by andysly »
West Ham struggled in the 2009–10 season. Zola's position as manager was put in doubt when he revealed he had not been consulted over a bid for West Bromwich Albion player Graham Dorrans and by chairman David Sullivan's announcement that the entire squad was for sale except for midfielder Scott Parker. West Ham finished in 17th place, only five points above the relegation places.[23] On 11 May 2010, two days after the end of the 2009–10 season, West Ham announced the termination of Zola's contract with immediate effect

TinyPortal © 2005-2012