Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:30:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dumbuya  (Read 8512 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Dumbuya
« Reply #30 on July 11, 2012, 07:54:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He's 25 next month. How long is this guy going to be a prospect for? He'll be 36 and be a prospect still.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 12, 2012, 12:06:59 am by nice one rovers »
He's 25 next month. How long is this guy going to be a prospect for? He'll be 36 and be a prospect still.
I think that within three years we will well and truely regret letting him go so easily. And to a bankrupt club coppering-up, to get a team together, Portsmouth will be wetting themselves if they pinch him off us.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 12, 2012, 12:13:53 am by jonnydog »

Robbie Blake - Hot Prospect!! ;)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 12, 2012, 12:26:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Big mistake in my view,don't let him go!!,he could potentially play further forward,so he would be a useful member of the squad,when is this country going to realise ability wins matches with fitness to go with it,not how big built you are and how fit you are,that's why i would like Stock and Coppinger to stay because of the ability they have,but i realise with the money situation one of them could do with going,i knew there wouldn't be a queue of clubs wanting to sign our players because of their injuries records clubs are not prepared to buy them,only at nominal prices at best,Dumbuya won't be on a large wage so with the ability he has i think they should try to keep him!!

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 12, 2012, 01:13:22 am by Akinfenwa »
I don't particularly rate him to be honest. While he had some good games, mostly marking like-for-like (eg. vs Dyer) he can't defend for shit and was a liability at times. I wouldn't say he's particularly great going forward either, craps himself when he gets into the final third and doesn't possess anywhere near the technical ability as say Kyle Bennett, a neccessity for beating a fullback.

As said by someone he's almost 25 so hardly one for the future and I don't think he's going to suddenly master the art of defending any time soon. In my opinion he has too much missing from his game at this stage of his career to ever become a solid defender.

Good luck to the guy though. He was a likeable player and put the effort in and it's no surprise that many wanted him to stay.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 13, 2012, 12:01:40 am by RoversAlias »

I thought this too, everyone keeps referring to him as a young prospect, Appleton called him a 'young un', is this just because he's short? Dumbuya is three months OLDER than Dave Cotterill, and not a soul calls him a 'young un'.

pubteam

« Reply #36 on July 13, 2012, 12:31:10 am by pubteam »

I thought this too, everyone keeps referring to him as a young prospect, Appleton called him a 'young un', is this just because he's short? Dumbuya is three months OLDER than Dave Cotterill, and not a soul calls him a 'young un'.

Bang on.

He probably classed as a young un when we brought him in, because you could give him the benefit of the doubt for being a possible 'late developer' a la Ian Wright. But not any more. Dumbuya has had long enough to master the basics of defending, and from what I've seen of him, he doesn't seem to be improving much in that respect.

James Husband seems a capable player defensively from what I've seen of him, and he's only 18. That is what I'd class as potential - someone who already has the basic skills, but hasn't yet hit their peak, and needs a few years to gain experience and master the 'tricks of the trade'.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 13, 2012, 12:42:46 am by RobTheRover »
Its probably because he looks about 14.  :P

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 13, 2012, 01:18:30 am by timdrfc »
All I will say on the matter is that George Boetang on Sky said that when they played us they saw our right back ( Dumbaya ) was about 5 foot 2 and pumped all the balls to the back post where he was !

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 13, 2012, 01:57:22 am by Standanista »
Fringe player, yes had potential but, like Gary Woods, needed to have cemented a first team berth by now or move on, IMO.  A bit of a modern-day Dessie Bennett in that respect.  The bigger mystery for me, amongst last season's attack-minded youngsters, was why Lalkovich didn't get more starts when he was here.  A loanee, granted, but forget potential, he already had what it took in spades from the little we saw of him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012