Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:35:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian stock last day  (Read 21522 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Brian stock last day
« Reply #30 on July 29, 2012, 03:25:28 pm by MachoMadness »
At some point in the future it will be Stock's last day.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 29, 2012, 05:59:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Even Nostrodamus' prediction are right eventually...

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 30, 2012, 04:53:43 pm by Red wizard »
Spoke to Brain today down the training ground. Said his future will be sorted either way in 2 days. Wished him all the best and good luck if he leaves.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 03, 2012, 01:22:39 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Just had a text from my son stating that fee had been sorted out in last 2 hours and medical at Burnley in next 48 hours been reported on that there tweety thing

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 03, 2012, 01:36:32 pm by godlike1 »
Thankgod.  His back's a liability and he's looked anything but interrested in the last couple of freindlies since he's know of interrest in him.  If his hearts not in it it's better he's not here in my opinion

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 03, 2012, 02:37:50 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm seeing nothing on Burnley's twitter and the only new thing I've found anywhere is a typically vague transfer rumour piece from their local paper. If you read it, it has no quotes about Stock from Burnley and just repeats the same speculation we've heard a million times.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/9853982.Stock_still_top_target_as_Howe_looks_to_end_project/?ref=twt

Once again, don't assume anything until something official comes from the clubs.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 03, 2012, 03:57:09 pm by silent majority »
In principle everything's agreed, just need to move it along now.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 03, 2012, 06:13:52 pm by glosterred »
If he plays tomorrow - he isn't going anywhere soon, if he doesn't play then he is

COYR

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 03, 2012, 06:17:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Radio Shefield stated at 4.30pm that he was due to sign for Burnley.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 03, 2012, 06:23:46 pm by glosterred »
So will probably not play tomorrow then

COYR

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 03, 2012, 06:27:15 pm by MachoMadness »
As this is like the 3rd time we've heard this I'm still not sure, but it looks like it might be it this time. As with all the others, as long as we get a decent fee for him I'm not too fussed. You would expect, for club captain and a full international, that he goes for at the absolute minimum £300k, even taking into account his injuries and age I still think that's a little low considering how good he can be.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 03, 2012, 06:51:56 pm by mushRTID »
I cant see it been anywhere near 300k.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 03, 2012, 07:02:46 pm by Red wizard »
I'd let him go free. Not got the leggs to play how deano wants us to play. We have looked better without him pre season. Don't get me wrong he is a good player just doesn't suit how we want to play now. Been a great servant to the club but with his wage been so high its time to move on. I wonder if we will bring a cm in now. Would love to get Brian Howard who is still without a club.

vietaff

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 03, 2012, 09:16:00 pm by vietaff »
Thankgod.  His back's a liability and he's looked anything but interrested in the last couple of freindlies since he's know of interrest in him.  If his hearts not in it it's better he's not here in my opinion
.  NEWSFLASH- his hearts not in it??? BS has 1yr left on his contract, DRFC have decided NOT to offer him a new deal on reduced terms(as requested by BS as he knws what's happenin at the club) He is 'reluctently' moving away from the club that has shown faith in him, so ur statement is a bag of w**k I'm afraid....as for why he hasn't left already PLEASE see my comments on prev thread (2in 3 out....I think)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 03, 2012, 09:37:56 pm by PaulRover08 »
Just what we need. Another in the know. NEWSFLASH, godlike1 was making a statement based on observation of a players on pitch apparent attitude, fitness history over 3 years and recent performances. Doesn't need a smart arse reply.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 03, 2012, 09:39:13 pm by silent majority »
.  NEWSFLASH- his hearts not in it??? BS has 1yr left on his contract, DRFC have decided NOT to offer him a new deal on reduced terms(as requested by BS as he knws what's happenin at the club) He is 'reluctently' moving away from the club that has shown faith in him, so ur statement is a bag of w**k I'm afraid....as for why he hasn't left already PLEASE see my comments on prev thread (2in 3 out....I think)

Calm down fella, no need for that. It would seem to a lot of people watching him in pre-season that it looks like his heart isn't in it.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 03, 2012, 09:41:28 pm by JonWallsend »
Not on that thread Taff but thanks for the update. I will be greatly sorry to see Stock go but given the circumstances that you have outlined, and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying, it appears obvious that he doesn't figure in Saunders plans and a move will be best all round.
Despite his injury problems and the fact that I think we will be relatively strong in midfield this year, I would much rather he stay- we have too few 'proper footballers' left.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 03, 2012, 09:59:36 pm by mutleyrover »

I can see it being "undisclosed"

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 03, 2012, 10:27:07 pm by The Red Baron »

I'm with you, vietaff. He's one of the finest players ever to pull on the hoops- and one of the toughest.

I can understand what's happening at the club and that players like Stock, O'Connor, Friend, maybe Coppinger, are having to move on, but let's give them a bit of a respect. I doubt we'll see their like again.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 03, 2012, 11:09:50 pm by ravenrover »
Crikey we'll be lucky to get £50k for him, what he was and what he is are two different matters, He was a great palyer for DRFC but injuries seem to have taken their toll on him. On his day still the best passer of ball in recent times. Good luck to him IF he goes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 03, 2012, 11:45:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I'm with you, vietaff. He's one of the finest players ever to pull on the hoops- and one of the toughest.

I can understand what's happening at the club and that players like Stock, O'Connor, Friend, maybe Coppinger, are having to move on, but let's give them a bit of a respect. I doubt we'll see their like again.

Amen TRB (apart from the Sir Edward Grey-esque comment at the end - I'm an eternal optimist misen like).

We've attracted a type of fan over this past decade that has delighted in sticking the verbal boot into any player who has moved on. But sometimes, you need to take a step back and take stock (no pun intended). By our standards, we have had a phenomenal decade of quality players.

Barnes, Blundell, Leo, Andy W, Green, McIndoe, Heffernan, Coppinger, Sullivan, O'Connor, Roberts, Stock, Wellens, Mills, Sharp and probably a few others that I've forgotten. Gems, every one of them and successful gems at that.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 04, 2012, 11:06:02 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Very true BST.

Brian Stock is the best passer of a ball I've ever seen at Rovers. His contribution to our success cannot be overstated.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 04, 2012, 11:38:07 am by Norfolk N Chance »
PMSL this stock departure obsession...

This I have spoke to him at the ground / bar/ play ground/ bath/ toilet ....give it a flaming rest!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 04, 2012, 11:42:40 am by glosterred »
PMSL this stock departure obsession...

This I have spoke to him at the ground / bar/ play ground/ bath/ toilet ....give it a flaming rest!

I have never spoken to him - is there anyone else out there that has never spoken to him?

COYR

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 04, 2012, 12:01:13 pm by CusworthRovers »
Fortunately not me. Spoken to him many times and a really genuine guy and very much loves DRFC.

As said above by a few, an absolute fantastic footballer and in my era I would say him and Snods have been the best 2 central midfielders we have had, but very different players. Stocky is very easy on the eye and has been the orchestrator of our success in recent years.

A player I am not sure that we will ever see again at DRFC, or more likely never see staying at our club for a few seasons and in their prime.

Like Billy's said,  Some fantastic players to make a team that started with DP and improved with SOD to a level of quality I hope we see again, but very much doubt (well in my lifetime).

It's an absolute travesty and shame that many are too easily, forgetting, ignoring and deriding what they've actually achieved and what we've been fortunate to have witnessed

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 04, 2012, 12:06:40 pm by SIRFRAN »

I can see it being "undisclosed"

Can see every transfer we do bein undisclosed! Think the rules should change - most clubs announce an undisclosed fee on transfers these days, think the fans have a right to know what there club is spending and receiving on players!

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 04, 2012, 12:08:42 pm by The_Rooky »
...no deriding any of the great players we've had over recent years, but I think there comes a time when its in the interest of both player and club to move on and see a separating of the ways. In the words of one of our former heroes 'If we stand still, we move backwards'!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 04, 2012, 12:14:08 pm by CusworthRovers »
Too true mate, but it's best done with a bit of dignity especially after what's happened in our recent times. Not you, but there's too many that need to take a step back and look at what's happened to us over recent times and how many of these players got us there

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 04, 2012, 01:03:39 pm by DonnyRTID »
Be gutted to see Stock go, he's been a great servant to the club. Wish him the best of luck whatever happens.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 04, 2012, 01:07:18 pm by The_Rooky »
...I guess we're making much the same point. Players and managers move on, but let's do it in a dignified way.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012