Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:50:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Husband and Wakefield  (Read 2651 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Husband and Wakefield
« on July 29, 2012, 05:12:01 pm by selby »
Very impressed with both of them yesterday neither one looked out of place in our defence and look very good prospects for the future.
      The only time Wakefield was beaten one on one he was pushed in the back by a frustrated centre forward who he had in his pocket.
      Great to see youth progressing they have gained some good experiance in pre season matches and nead nurturing by our managment this season one of our managers more difficult jobs is not to stifle their progress while being competative in the league.
      A big well done to both and the youth set up from me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Husband and Wakefield
« Reply #1 on July 29, 2012, 05:13:14 pm by silent majority »
Very impressed with both of them yesterday neither one looked out of place in our defence and look very good prospects for the future.
      The only time Wakefield was beaten one on one he was pushed in the back by a frustrated centre forward who he had in his pocket.
      Great to see youth progressing they have gained some good experiance in pre season matches and nead nurturing by our managment this season one of our managers more difficult jobs is not to stifle their progress while being competative in the league.
      A big well done to both and the youth set up from me

I agree, which is why the VSC have chosen the youth set up to be our main focus for sponsorship and fund raising this season.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2012, 05:14:47 pm by Chris »
Glad to hear that we've finally got some decent prospects coming into the squad. I just hope we're not forced to require too much from them too soon. A couple of defensive signings next week should do!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2012, 05:54:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some one eluded to 'easing' Husband in to the first team. The boys good enough, play him I say.

Wakefield looks steady enough and with a good strong leader at the side of him I'm sure he will develop in to a good player.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2012, 06:04:17 pm by MachoMadness »
Husband looks ok from what I've seen of him. Still very naive, but the best of our prospects by a long way. Puts in some excellent crosses, but his tackling and strength on and off the ball need a lot of work. In a physical league one I can see why people want him eased into the team rather than thrown in, especially when Spurr is excellent at LB.

As for Wakefield, he's a lot further off in my opinion. I'd loan him out to let him develop for a season as he's nowhere near ready at the moment. Not writing him off for the future, but at the moment he isn't good enough, and to expect him to compete at L1 level at this stage isn't fair to him or us.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2012, 07:33:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
From what I've seen Wakefield looks a good prospect but does need a loan just to gain some physical strength and experience.  Definitely one for the future though.

Husband, well he's a first team player now, ok he's probably not going to play in front of Spurr at this moment, but Spurr won't play every game given he tends to pick up a few injuries so that's when he'll get his chance.  No doubt he'll be challenging and grabbing a place before long.  He could even have an impact as a sub this season now we have 7 subs back. Ease him in I say this season.

Another to add Jordan Ball, looks a good finisher and technically pretty good.  Certainly needs a loan for definite but looks like he could be a goalscorer with a bit of development has that knack of getting around the box and taking shots.  Needs to develop physically but on loan that could be a great thing for him and he could also come good.

What's impressed me with the youngsters is technically they're very good and also they have a good attitude to develop and learn, can see these lads coming good, but as ever they'll have to work hard still.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2012, 07:41:17 pm by StocktonRover »
I agree that Husband is close to being a first teamer now and would have no qualms seeing him get a good run.
Wakefield looked fairly good yesterday apart from two occasions when he got out-muscled.

If either or both of them do go out on loan, we would have to ensure a 24 hour recall because they would both be capable of stepping in if needed and with our squad size.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2012, 08:15:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ball is apparently going to Gainsborough Trinity on loan. Conference North so should be expected to score a few there.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2012, 10:23:54 pm by ravenrover »
I agree that Husband is close to being a first teamer now and would have no qualms seeing him get a good run.
Wakefield looked fairly good yesterday apart from two occasions when he got out-muscled.

If either or both of them do go out on loan, we would have to ensure a 24 hour recall because they would both be capable of stepping in if needed and with our squad size.
As well as the instance in the first half when he followed the flight of the ball down our right without allowing for the curl which let Harewood in with a clear shot on goal or the number of instances he was beaten in the air.
He is work in progress as far as I am concerned, but one with promise.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012