Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:29:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is there a secret rule?  (Read 3985 times)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
Is there a secret rule?
« on August 25, 2012, 07:00:11 pm by Donnylass »
that says during a Rovers game only the opposition is allowed to tackle.

And that if by some miracle we do put in a half hearted tackle then has to be blown for a foul.  :headbang:

Please re arrange these words 'Hit Couldn't Barn Door A'

On a positive we know they can play better, so onwards and upwards  :scarf: :woohoo:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Re: Is there a secret rule?
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2012, 07:03:46 pm by PaulRover08 »

And that if by some miracle we do put in a half hearted tackle then has to be blown for a foul.  :headbang:

On a positive we know they can play better, so onwards and upwards  :scarf: :woohoo:

What game were you at? Plenty of tackles going in. Really pisses me off when we lose and all people say is its a lack of effort. The players, with the exception of Coterhill were all trying. Just not happening for them today. Playing a team on the back of 2 promotions who all know each others game. Not that hard to believe that we couldn't break them down is it? New team, these results will happen.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2012, 07:28:47 pm by scuzzer »

What game were you at? Plenty of tackles going in. Really pisses me off when we lose and all people say is its a lack of effort. The players, with the exception of Coterhill were all trying. Just not happening for them today. Playing a team on the back of 2 promotions who all know each others game. Not that hard to believe that we couldn't break them down is it? New team, these results will happen.

Even Cotts was trying, he was just even more shit than the rest!

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2012, 08:18:52 pm by Donnylass »

Same game as you.
I never said they didn't put in any effort. I just thought that they seemed to back off from tackling and let Crawley push forward without much resistance from us, which is why they eventually scored.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2012, 08:21:15 pm by keepmoatman »
have you not got ironing to do ?  :chair:

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2012, 08:36:11 pm by Donnylass »
have you not got ironing to do ?  :chair:

Nope. Watching people killing songs on X Factor.

But when it comes to football, that's what you're doing, cause you certainly aint clapping and singing and supporting the lads  :P

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2012, 08:43:17 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
Thought we did put in a few tackles actually, especially M. Woods with a few sliding tackles. Effort was there but not quality.

Women  :facepalm:

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2012, 09:38:16 pm by Donnylass »
Thought we did put in a few tackles actually, especially M. Woods with a few sliding tackles. Effort was there but not quality.

Women  :facepalm:

FEW being the operative word. If we had tackled more and got the ball off them, they wouldn't have been able to boss us all over the pitch.

Men  :facepalm:

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2012, 10:09:40 pm by mjdgreg »
FEW being the operative word. If we had tackled more and got the ball off them, they wouldn't have been able to boss us all over the pitch.

Ignore them male chauvinist pigs lovey. Don't worry your pretty little head about it sweetheart. You make a good point. What you have to realise is that men can only think about one thing at a time and most of the time it's not football that's on their mind.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:10:31 am by mjdgreg »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2012, 12:07:06 am by RobTheRover »
No,  it's beer.

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2012, 01:32:47 am by Stantheredandwhiteman »

Ignore them male chauvinist pigs lovey. Don't worry your pretty little head about it. You make a good point. What you have to realise is that men can only think about one thing at a time and most of the time it's not football that's on their mind.

Wow, could you be any more up her arse? My comment was a joke!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2012, 07:51:09 am by mjdgreg »
Wow, could you be any more up her arse?

You make my point about men only being able to think about one thing at a time and most of the time it's not football (or beer). I'm sure Donnylass would agree with me that you could have (not 'of') phrased your reply a little better given the context of the debate.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2012, 08:11:23 am by mjg »
it was my first game this season and if that is the standard of football that is on offer this season i will not be wasting my time again.
r. t . i .d  :zzz:

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2012, 08:20:20 am by mjdgreg »
Welcome to the forum mjg. I know how you feel. it's a lot of money to watch such crap. By the way, I do like your username.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2012, 10:10:59 am by Wellred »
Is there such an illness as tripolar?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2012, 10:28:18 am by mjdgreg »
I can assure you that mjg is nothing to do with me (unless he was conceived during my playboy era).

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 26, 2012, 10:31:42 am by Filo »
I can assure you that mjg is nothing to do with me (unless he was conceived during my playboy era).

That`s strange, when mjg logs off, you log on about 30 seconds later!

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 26, 2012, 10:36:06 am by keepmoatman »

That`s strange, when mjg logs off, you log on about 30 seconds later!

Words fail me ! Just  Sad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012