Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:01:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Robert  (Read 3944 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Robert
« on September 01, 2012, 09:39:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Should sign on loan now copps has gone

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Robert
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2012, 09:42:44 pm by mushRTID »
Is that a fact or a wish?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2012, 09:45:09 pm by Red wizard »
A wish. Don't think he can sign now the window is shut. Somone said the French window closes in 2 days time but i don't know if we can still deal with them. Would love him to sign though. We have 2 wingers and they both play so we can't change the game from wide by making subs.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2012, 09:52:54 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
loan deal
thought it was season pending Copps we will have to see

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2012, 11:03:03 pm by Filo »
Won't happen you can only do International loans during the transfer window, the loan market is for domestic loans only

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2012, 11:08:35 pm by MachoMadness »
This is why I wish we hadn't gotten rid of Copps. Yeah, we needed him off the wage bill, but not if it gets left so late we can't bring in the guy we've publicly stated we want to replace him. What was the point of that deadline if we're allowing people to break it whenever they want? A deadline is a deadline and you can't compromise on it.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2012, 12:34:58 am by drfcsteve »
Talking of deadlines what happened to Saunders deadline for players leaving? Yet we have a key player leave on the evening of transfer deadline day?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 02, 2012, 12:41:32 am by MachoMadness »
Talking of deadlines what happened to Saunders deadline for players leaving? Yet we have a key player leave on the evening of transfer deadline day?

That's the deadline I was talking about. Makes us look like pushovers. I know things always change in football, but that's why you avoid making public deadlines and guarantees. If you do make them, then you damn well better stick to it. It's no good making a deadline then making a bunch of compromises on that deadline.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 02, 2012, 12:57:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He had to go,come what may,it all goes back to the club's silly statement letting all the club's know what situation we are in,hopefully they learn from the mistake.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2012, 02:58:42 am by RobTheRover »
Where have the club said they want Robert?   All I've heard are supposed comments in the DFP like "and Dean Saunders will look to get Robert back"  but when it comes to the direct quotes not a word is mentioned on the subject.

Could be all paper talk,  ya know.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2012, 04:07:06 am by MachoMadness »
Well, I'll give you that one, although I was sure there were direct quotes from Saunders in that article I can't find it at the minute so I'm happy to be proven wrong. The point still remains that it is a bit annoying that we supposedly had this deadline which we were toothless in enforcing. Why bother setting it in the first place unless we were absolutely sure we could stick to it (which we obviously couldn't).

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 02, 2012, 07:57:07 am by Wellred »
We won't be bringing Robert in on loan.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 02, 2012, 09:11:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Even if the club want Robert, there's no guarantee we'd be able to get him in a deal that means we'd still be saving money by loaning Copps out anyway.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 02, 2012, 11:15:12 am by graingrover »
To recap ... Robert is under contract at L'Orient till the end of this season but is surplus to their requirements according to their fans' site . A loan deal is therefore the only way and wages/ sharing  will be the issue .... but Willy could swing it no doubt .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2012, 12:30:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
A loan deal is therefore the only way and wages/ sharing  will be the issue ....

There could be more conditions than that that might not be to Rovers advantage. Loan deals can be more complicated than you'd imagine.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2012, 01:17:15 pm by Filo »
To recap ... Robert is under contract at L'Orient till the end of this season but is surplus to their requirements according to their fans' site . A loan deal is therefore the only way and wages/ sharing  will be the issue .... but Willy could swing it no doubt .

International loans can only happen during the transfer window, the only way we can get Robert now is during the January transfer window

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2012, 02:08:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
 French transfer window closes on Tuesday 4th September. So does that mean they can only get players in. Example J Barton loan deal.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2012, 02:25:05 pm by RedJ »
Barton was done on deadline day wasn't it?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 02, 2012, 02:28:54 pm by Filo »
The transfer window of a given football association governs only international transfers into that football association. International transfers out of an association are always possible to those associations that have an open window. The transfer window of the association that the player is leaving does not have to be open

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 03, 2012, 01:52:29 pm by DC- »
It all depends on how badly they want him off their books for the season and how many other teams are interested. Surely someone else in League One/Championship with a larger budget noticed him last season.

I'd expect him to be a late signing though. Perhaps even a January signing. Firstly Dean needs to be sure that he can bring him in and utilise him in his plans, secondly L'orient need to be sure that they don't need him for cover .... too many variables just now.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 04, 2012, 05:31:59 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
In spite of not playing for Lorient for 2 years, he seems to remain in Christian Gourcuff's plans, so only a loan deal will be acceptable, according to their fans. Le Mans is most likely and, if that is a genuine offer, I can't see why he wouldn't choose to go to them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 04, 2012, 08:39:59 am by Filo »
People still seem to be ignoring the fact that he cannot sign on loan now until 1st of January, International loans are not permitted when the loan market re opens, domestic loans only, Robert will not be coming to DRFC until at least January!

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 04, 2012, 08:44:45 am by Albert Trousers »
In spite of not playing for Lorient for 2 years, he seems to remain in Christian Gourcuff's plans, so only a loan deal will be acceptable, according to their fans. Le Mans is most likely and, if that is a genuine offer, I can't see why he wouldn't choose to go to them.

Le Mans would surely tick all the boxes with (local, 2nd tier football, nice shiny new stadium etc) but they are deep in the financial mire & were demoted a week before their season started only to be re-instated at the last minute. Would imagine they would have to sell before they bring in (not dis-similar to us)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012