Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:17:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Harper and Jones  (Read 1809 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Harper and Jones
« on October 03, 2012, 12:11:08 am by The Red Baron »
Harper out with a bug- the same one Quinn had last week. He was told to stay at home so as not to spread it. Hopefully fit for Saturday.

BBC site says Jones was booked (Spurr and Syers certainly were). Not sure if this is the case but if so he'll miss Saturday's game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Harper and Jones
« Reply #1 on October 03, 2012, 12:20:59 am by Dagenham Rover »
Are you sure its Saturdays and not Chesterfield?  5 yellows ban after 7 days  straight red immediate?  could be wrong so I've know doubt somebody will say

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 03, 2012, 01:22:52 am by RoversAlias »
I don't remember him being booked. Thought he just got a stern talking to after that spat near the end?

Kez122

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 03, 2012, 07:04:39 am by Kez122 »
He was definitely booked when their fella was flat out on the floor. I didn't see te challenge but loads of players surrounded the referee from both teams. 

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 03, 2012, 08:21:20 am by donnievic »
He was definitely booked when their fella was flat out on the floor. I didn't see te challenge but loads of players surrounded the referee from both teams. 

Yeah was shown the yellow card but wasn't sure if it was for dissent,as he was talking to the ref while there player was eating grass again(a few liked doing that)then Quinn came over who was infolved in the challenge which i thought it was a free kick the other way,if was booked for the challenge then it was defo Quinn so think it should get changed.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 03, 2012, 08:35:42 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
He'll miss the game vs Chesterfield, possibly the only positive from last nights game.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 03, 2012, 08:36:40 am by bobjimwilly »
It was for dissent. It wasn't Jones who made the tackle (which was perfectly legal by the way)  he just walked over, stepped over the player on the floor and starting talking to the ref. I believe we got another yellow for dissent as well?

The ref had no control over the game and he was giving a foul every time a Preston player hit the deck. Shocking performance and left a very sour taste for me.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 03, 2012, 08:42:37 am by wing commander »
 Yes it was,Westley's teams have previous form for sending a player to the floor every 5 minutes to kill a game at the end...That said we could still be playing now and still not scored.
  I hate Nights like that,you rush home from work,see the kids for 15 minutes,rush round picking everybody up and get treated to utter garbage like that,it's not many times you think,why did i bother..but last night was one..There was no exscuse for that performance..Preston are pretty dire and they must have been pleased to find out that we were even worse...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 03, 2012, 08:44:02 am by The Red Baron »
Thanks (collectively) for clearing that up. I knew a card was shown when the Preston player was on the ground and that Quinn had made the challenge. Wasn't sure if it was Quinn or Jones who was booked, but it seems it was Jones.

For clarification, Jones WILL miss Saturday's game as there is no longer a 7-day delay between a fifth yellow and a suspension kicking in. If you recall, last season Brian Stock picked up his fifth yellow at Burnley on Boxing Day and missed the next game (at Watford) on New Year's Eve. I suppose I'd rather Jones missed a home than an away game, but he'll still be a big miss. Chance for Shelton!

Syers was also booked for giving the referee the benefit of his opinion. Pity the (useless) official wasn't so firm on play-acting and time wasting.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 03, 2012, 08:51:44 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Yes it was,Westley's teams have previous form for sending a player to the floor every 5 minutes to kill a game at the end...That said we could still be playing now and still not scored.
  I hate Nights like that,you rush home from work,see the kids for 15 minutes,rush round picking everybody up and get treated to utter garbage like that,it's not many times you think,why did i bother..but last night was one..There was no exscuse for that performance..Preston are pretty dire and they must have been pleased to find out that we were even worse...
[/b]

Exactly how I feel, except replace seeing the kids for 15 minutes with seeing the dogs!   :ermm:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 03, 2012, 09:16:39 pm by ravenrover »
I also see on the Beeb web page that their keeper wasn't booked either!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012