Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:13:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Preston vs M K Dons  (Read 2174 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Preston vs M K Dons
« on October 14, 2012, 02:25:54 pm by Draytonian III »
So far none of the PNE players have shot by snipers, could that be due to the Sky cameras being there 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: Preston vs M K Dons
« Reply #1 on October 14, 2012, 02:40:27 pm by Chris »
Our 2008 promotion team would win today's League One with a record amount of points. Poor standard this season.

pubteam

« Reply #2 on October 14, 2012, 02:53:15 pm by pubteam »
So far none of the PNE players have shot by snipers, could that be due to the Sky cameras being there 

They're not winning yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see it if they go 1-0 up.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 14, 2012, 02:53:36 pm by MachoMadness »
Our 2008 promotion team would win today's League One with a record amount of points. Poor standard this season.

I agree. Obviously the FFP rules have had an effect but the standard this year is shocking. Such a big gap between this league and the Championship now.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 14, 2012, 04:28:51 pm by PaulRover08 »
I agree. Can't help thinking that we have now got an entire new team for League 1 and if we go up only 2 or 3 would be good enough and we'd need 8-9 new first teamers again.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #5 on October 14, 2012, 07:51:31 pm by GM-MarkB »
I see Westley covered himself in glory again.....

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 14, 2012, 10:40:54 pm by drfcsteve »
I agree. Can't help thinking that we have now got an entire new team for League 1 and if we go up only 2 or 3 would be good enough and we'd need 8-9 new first teamers again.

I think that would be the same for whoever went up, no one has got any quality or stands out this year. I just can't imagine Tranmere and Stevenage in the Championship.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 14, 2012, 10:43:05 pm by BobG »
Tranmere spent several pretty succesful years in the Championship not very long ago Steve! A very good Cup side they were at the time too.

Lol. Perhaps the passsage of time is more than I remember. It was probably in the later days of Division 2.

BobG

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 14, 2012, 10:49:50 pm by MachoMadness »

I think that would be the same for whoever went up, no one has got any quality or stands out this year. I just can't imagine Tranmere and Stevenage in the Championship.

Yep, agree with both posts, but that's part of the reasons behind the FFP rules - to keep L1 clubs from spending all their money on Championship players. The positive is that no one goes bust, the negative is that you can't compete when you do get promoted unless you get some real bargain players. Whether it's worth it or not, I'm not sure, I've said many times I feel it's just widening the gap between the big clubs and the little clubs and we won't see any more clubs like Swansea, Wigan and to a lesser extent us who shot up the leagues and then established themselves at a higher level.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 15, 2012, 01:31:00 am by wilts rover »
Got to disagree with you there MM, who in the 2008 team was a Championship player? Sullivan maybe, all the others were lower league players, Championship cast-offs and the odd astute buy from a PL youth team. And they established themselves, with more astuteness, better luck and less injuries where might we have been? Where would a team with Paul Green, Mills, MacIndoe and Sharp in it together have finished up?

What FFP ought to do is reward the teams who have the best managers, strategy and youth development, rather than the chairman with the biggest pockets.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012