Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:50:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC Survey  (Read 2337 times)

GM-MarkB

BBC Survey
« on October 18, 2012, 09:01:13 am by GM-MarkB »
Apologies if posted before.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

Interesting to note that a Pie is 40p dearer when the Belles play   :huh:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:00:46 am by GM-MarkB »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
Re: BBC Survey
« Reply #1 on October 18, 2012, 09:10:20 am by rover-n-out »
Jesus! 4quid for a pie at Kidderminster Harriers. Who do they think they are........Toppings?

Aahh! I remember the days of Dickie Holland's Pork Pies, when I lived in Thorne many moons ago.
Now that was a proper pie shop.  :(

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 18, 2012, 09:16:32 am by MrFrost »
Interesting to note it states out cheapest match day ticket is £15. Not that I was aware of!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 18, 2012, 10:10:07 am by DaveDRFC »
Also on here, slightly unfair, I bet the Blades charge a tenner a match for about 3 games a season!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19927299

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 18, 2012, 10:19:08 am by Spike »
Don't knock the pies at Kiddy, at £4 they are good value.  They are a meal on their own and good quality

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 18, 2012, 10:23:09 am by silent majority »
As in most surveys of this type its impossible to be accurate or compare like for like.

This survey has quoted our cheapest ticket at £15 which we did on several occasions last season and which the club use quite often this season when offering special deals through schools and similar when trying to attract a new audience. The BBC have also left out our Family ticket at £22 which is incredible value when compared to other ticketing schemes.

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 18, 2012, 10:51:35 am by DN8ROVER »
Jesus! 4quid for a pie at Kidderminster Harriers. Who do they think they are........Toppings?

Aahh! I remember the days of Dickie Holland's Pork Pies, when I lived in Thorne many moons ago.
Now that was a proper pie shop.  :(

The pie shop in Thorne is still there but it's been called Clarks for at least the last 20 years.It's still the same as it's always been apart from the name change.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 18, 2012, 12:37:31 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Time for clubs to stop offering ridiculous wages im afraid, what the prem earn in media rights they could cut tickets dramatically

just greedy and exploiting the average fan

22 pound to see rovers as an adult for an hour and 30 minutes is a rip off lets be honest

GM-MarkB

« Reply #8 on October 18, 2012, 12:42:31 pm by GM-MarkB »
No surprise to me that Uncle Ken is peddling the most expensive season tickets in the Championship.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 18, 2012, 06:41:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The purpose of the survey is to assess what a fan would have to pay if they walked up to a game on any random Saturday. Unfortunately, it seems certain clubs have manipulated figures to present a better picture.

We had the same issues last season. After March 1st of whatever it was, the dearest season ticket was £459 not £399 and the cheapest  was  £399 not £349. Now match tickets have been standardised £15 is no longer available and £20 is only available if you buy in advance. On the day it's £21.

So, as far as DRFC is concerned the 'cheapest day out' is £29 not £23.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2012, 01:18:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
For each league in my opinion,you should pay the following in the Premiership Twenty five quid,Thirty for the Champions league fixtures               in the Championship Eighteen quid,Twenty four for a big cup draw,in our league,fifteen quid,twenty if you get a big team in the cup-the league below twelve quid,fifteen if it's a big team in the cup-conference should be ten quid,twelve quid against a big team in the cup.
I Couldn't believe it earlier,i read that a conference team was charging fifteen quid to get in,i can't remember who it was,if it's true,absolutely scandalous,and teams wonder why they lose supporters,things need to change and quick.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2012, 04:17:47 pm by FuzzyDuck »
As I've been saying in my blogs on football in Switzerland, the most I've paid so far in Switzerland is £32 to watch FC Basel, who are obviously top-flight over here.

At my home club a standing ticket on open terraces is £8. The season ticket isn't particularly good value as it only saves you 1 SFr per game (70p).  Food and drink are pricey all over Switzerland and football grounds give you a better deal than most places.  There are no pies but I go for a Schützi-Spiese (a skewer-full of thick chunks of pork, barbecued served with a small baguette) that costs £5.40.  Beer costs £3.40 a pint (well, 400 ml).

I think the ticket prices here are great value, especially in a country that is generally expensive.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012