Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:58:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lad who interrupted the Boat Race  (Read 2131 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Lad who interrupted the Boat Race
« on October 19, 2012, 11:48:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Been jailed today for 6 months.

The judge said that he was sending him down because, "He spoiled the enjoyment of others."

If that's what get you sent down, I reckon we should be bringing Albert  Pierrepoint back for Graham Westley.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re: Lad who interrupted the Boat Race
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2012, 12:40:19 am by bobjimwilly »

The judge said that he was sending him down because, "He spoiled the enjoyment of others."

If that's what get you sent down, I reckon we should be bringing Albert  Pierrepoint back for Graham Westley.

What law did he break then?

edit:

just read it was for "causing public nuisance"? Was the judge part of the Oxford team from the 70s by any chance? I mean, 6 months?  :saywhat:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:44:50 am by bobjimwilly »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2012, 01:01:01 am by RoversAlias »
Paedophiles get less time,this countries justice system is seriously messed up,the fella was an idiot and put himself in danger,the best thing to do with him,was make him do some public service,without payment,that would humiliate him.

When was the last time a paedophile got convicted and sent down for a period less than 6 months?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2012, 01:45:25 am by Chris »
Paedophiles get less time,this countries justice system is seriously messed up,the fella was an idiot and put himself in danger,the best thing to do with him,was make him do some public service,without payment,that would humiliate him.

I want proof that paedophiles get less than 6 months in jail. I see this argument all the time and I'm certain it's a load of drivel.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2012, 06:13:00 am by Standanista »
If you look at the news, some paedos get knighthoods, not six months.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2012, 07:19:07 am by Donnywolf »
He specifically asked about "convicted" ones not ones who cannot be tried in a Court

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2012, 09:01:46 am by coventryrover »
The sentence is incomprehensible and utterly over the top.

There is something seriously wrong with sentencing these days, no consistency whatsoever.

Justin Lee Collins gets community service for his misdemeanour which i far more serious than the boat race but this guy gets sent down??? :saywhat:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2012, 10:31:32 am by glosterred »
What a waste of tax payers money sending him to prison

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2012, 10:54:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The Establishment protecting their own, as ever. Utterly ridiculous that he should get a custodial sentence.

A similar theme to last year's riots when a student with no previous record was sent down for stealing a bottle of water. A SINGLE bottle of water.

It's the Establishment sending out a message to the lower orders. And yet the same rules don't apply to the members if the Establishment. If you or I had ranted profanities to a copper, we'd be arrested. When a Govt Minister does it, David Cameron says that because he apologised, tgat's the end of the matter. One rule for them, another for us.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2012, 10:56:11 am by Wellred »
But you are all missing the fact that the boat race is for the Cameron's of this world.
One rule for the rich and one for the rest of the plebs.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2012, 11:03:02 am by andysly »
As above.
If the bloke had run out into the front of the London Marathon or held up play at a football or cricket match he'd have got a fine at worst. Because its all hooray Henry and Henriettas together the div gets 6 months.
The Leeds bloke last night may well get life on this basis.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2012, 11:06:15 am by Wellred »
As above.
If the bloke had run out into the front of the London Marathon or held up play at a football or cricket match he'd have got a fine at worst. Because its all hooray Henry and Henriettas together the div gets 6 months.

No chance. Football is the common persons game. He won't even get a fine.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2012, 11:16:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/19/george-osborne-first-class-train?cat=commentisfree&type=article

One rule for them and another for the rest of us. You sit in a first class train seat without a valid ticket. The inspector tells you your ticket is not valid. You refuse to move.

I've seen exactly that situation happen with a young black lad last year. The result was that the train manager called British Transport Police and the lad was arrested at the next station.

Not so with George Osborne. His aide has a row with the inspector then begrudgingly pays the excess. Funny thing is, at Sheffield station, there are huge signs telling you that there are No Excuses for travelling without the correct ticket and that anyone who does so will be prosecuted.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2012, 11:17:00 am by silent majority »
As above.

He'll get a custodial sentence, with his record he shouldn't have been anywhere near a ground never mind on the pitch.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2012, 11:34:56 am by Yargo »
Indeed lots about him on twitter,even his mobile number

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2012, 11:41:07 am by Dutch Uncle »
Much as I was annoyed at the time the custodial sentence is way over the top. Make the punishment fit the crime - community work possibly making him clean towpaths.

As for the Leeds fan - how about forcing him to sit in all the future court sessions arising from the Hillsboro tragedy-  any disturbances or absences to be punished with jail time.   

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2012, 12:17:47 pm by Standanista »
http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/19/george-osborne-first-class-train?cat=commentisfree&type=article

One rule for them and another for the rest of us. You sit in a first class train seat without a valid ticket. The inspector tells you your ticket is not valid. You refuse to move.
As someone who has checked more tickets than most on here, 6 months is too lenient for 'em.  I would have nicked YOU especially.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2012, 01:13:12 pm by grayx »

Whilst not wishing to defend this dick, if it had been a woman with her tits out it would have probably been seen as acceptable. Remember that Erica woman years ago at a rugby match? Pretty sure she didn't get arrested but made quite a few quid out them jugs. They were big though.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 20, 2012, 01:22:49 pm by southwestexile »
Erica Lowe (I think) was once 'hired for a match at Tattersfield in the 1980's.  Cue lots of like-minded 14-15 year old lads dipping into their paper orund earnings for a glimpse of the glorious pair.  Needless to say that she didn't appear...and the Dons lost....again.

And I think she could have sunk the Oxford crew with that weaponary.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 20, 2012, 02:01:03 pm by wilts rover »
Quick quiz.

How long do you think Cornelius Horan got when he jumped out and attacked the leader of the 2004 Olympic Marathon in Athens? Taking into account of course that his actions DID change the course of the race and affected the result, the bloke he pushed was well clear at the time but only came in third. Also taking into account that he had run across the track at Silverstone only weeks earlier too, and got 2 months for that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3611558.stm

Shouldn't everyone involved in the boat race be charged with causing a public nusaince? Just a thought (and I was at Oxford you know).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012