Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 10:25:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 10 games !!!!  (Read 4029 times)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
10 games !!!!
« on October 20, 2012, 04:33:18 pm by racecourse red »
Did we all say give Saunders 10 games in new season ???? Well what a load if shit we've witness today do far !!! What excuses will he make for today's performance ???
There all is players !!!!!

& most of all what a f**king shit ref  :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: 10 games !!!!
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2012, 05:02:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah. SAUNDERS OUT!!!

;)

Florida Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2012, 05:07:34 pm by Florida Rover »
Tiny minds who speak too soon. Eh

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2012, 05:08:39 pm by anton123 »
He keeps changing the games with his subs but hey I'm sure u could do better !!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2012, 05:13:03 pm by wilts rover »
Other than advising the OP to wait before posting I would also advise him to check his 'facts'. Other than:
G Woods, M Woods, C Brown, T Spurr, K Bennett, S Martis (over half the starting 11) and not forgetting N Sullivan --- There all is players!!!!!!!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2012, 05:17:46 pm by Barmby Rover »
Dick Turpin at least wore a mask! That was theft of the greatest kind today, Brentford must be feeling absolutely sick. However that bit of luck is what follows successful teams, who knows?

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2012, 05:24:40 pm by MiKA »
Yet another game we'd have lost if SOD was still in charge, those of you who are still in love with him go support Forest.

Saunders for me is doing just fine with the players and the budget we have

............. in saying that we were dire today   :rtid:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2012, 05:38:49 pm by RedJ »
yes, fire the guy doing better than most expected only 10 games in with the shite conditions he's had all summer..

"WHAT?! ONE POINT OFF THE PLAYOFF PLACES AT CURRENT?! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2012, 05:42:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's taking time to get our midfield right and that's the problem at the moment.  But Saunders again seems to have got the result again we don't know when we're beat.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2012, 06:23:34 pm by JonWallsend »
Yet another game we'd have lost if SOD was still in charge

Why? I don't recall us having much difficulty with Brentford when SOD was manager. For the record it was played 4, won 4, scored 9 conceded 0.
 That doesn't mean anything for now but it is actual evidence to refute your claim which is based on pure speculation and doing nothing more than reigniting a tired debate.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2012, 06:28:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yet another game we'd have lost if SOD was still in charge

Why? I don't recall us having much difficulty with Brentford when SOD was manager. For the record it was played 4, won 4, scored 9 conceded 0.
 That doesn't mean anything for now but it is actual evidence to refute your claim which is based on pure speculation and doing nothing more than reigniting a tired debate.

I think he meant from being behind. We wouldn't have come back into the game and gone on to win with SOD.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #11 on October 20, 2012, 06:30:32 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Did we all say give Saunders 10 games in new season ???? Well what a load if shit we've witness today do far !!! What excuses will he make for today's performance ???
There all is players !!!!!

& most of all what a f**king shit ref  :suicide:
What a fantastic game football IS when your team plays like the don't know anything about football ( a bit like some on here) and still win , more of the same for me ( result that is ) NOT that load of crap served up as entertainment .

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2012, 06:37:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Well in response to OP, Deano didn't make any excuses regarding the performance - "worst we've played all season".

I always like listening to his interviews, the way he talks you through his thought processes rather than the tired cliches 99% of managers do.

Another note from the interview, Rob Jones broke his thumb today and played on, had no idea that happened, Captain Fantastic indeed!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2012, 07:10:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Yet another game we'd have lost if SOD was still in charge, those of you who are still in love with him go support Forest.

Saunders for me is doing just fine with the players and the budget we have

............. in saying that we were dire today   :rtid:

Of course you know that for sure do you ? ...........ffs this is an entirely different level!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2012, 07:19:20 pm by Wellred »
I think we should get rid.
7th position with a game in hand. Not god enough.

racecourse red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2012, 09:32:28 pm by racecourse red »
No matter what result we got today if people think that that is the way to win a game then that's not the football that rovers fans are use too , yer we got the 3 points but how many happy fans walked out of the ground happy with the way we play football !!!! :crying:

Yer we got the result but it wasn't pretty !!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2012, 09:34:20 pm by dickos1 »
Who cares? Would you rather we played well and lost?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2012, 09:40:26 pm by StocktonRover »
Well, the drive home was far more enjoyable today despite the poor performance than it was when we played tippy tappy football and lost.
Come the end of the season what we will remember is where abouts we finish - far more so than how we got there...

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 20, 2012, 09:40:52 pm by Viking Don »
Hahaha, I used to believe that performances were more important than results when SoD was manager, so many times I walked away not too despondent that we'd lost, because we'd played well. Compare that to coming away with a huge grin on my face like today and I realised that I just forgotten what it was like to actually win!

I know which I prefer.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 20, 2012, 09:43:49 pm by dumbroofer »
imo, if its just the result that counts you may as well just watch for it on ssnews .

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 20, 2012, 09:49:04 pm by Viking Don »
Yeah but if the result goes our way you'd miss the lunacy and mayhem when we score the winning goal, so no ta. The first 70 minutes will not not live long in the memory, but the last 20 sure will.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 20, 2012, 09:50:54 pm by StocktonRover »
Dumbroofer, I disgree completely.
Even though for a large part of the game we were awful, I still got emotive and passionate about the performance and from the moment that Cotterills goal went in, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 20, 2012, 09:51:51 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
You would have thought most people would be happy if we've played as bad as its been made out to be and still come out with the 3 points. At the end of day its the points on board that decide promotion/relegation and not performances.

racecourse red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 20, 2012, 09:56:15 pm by racecourse red »
The result is always going to be Important than the way we play the game, And in the last 16 minutes we got lucky with two goals we scored from !!!but we all like to see good football And that the moment that is not what we're seeing !!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 20, 2012, 09:56:21 pm by dickos1 »
It's not just the result that counts but its by far the most important factor of a successful day.
Charlton won this league last year with many inept performances and many 1-0 wins.
Results get us promoted not performances

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 20, 2012, 10:03:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We've played well and got nothing for years. What's wrong with trying it the other way for a bit?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 20, 2012, 10:07:40 pm by MachoMadness »
I know a lot of Rovers fans aren't sold on Saunders, but the lengths people will go to to slate him amazes me. We came from a goal behind to win, without the help of any dodgy reffing, lucky bounces or anything that could be called lucky. I don't understand why people would rather us lose so they can race on here and say "I told you so!" about Saunders. Even when we win it's not enough. Just madness.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2012, 10:12:06 pm by Mr1Croft »
The result isn't everything, but its only thing that counts.

Sticky-Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 20, 2012, 10:23:11 pm by Sticky-Rover »
Don't mean to be picky (I do really) but its 12 games we've given him this season  :)

Also if my maths is right we've averaged 1.75 points a game so far which is very respectable.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 20, 2012, 10:25:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
After the first 60 mins I began to have doubts because, a team with a splattering of experienced pro's should be able to do the basics much better. Why was Harper playing so deep?

Anyway, at the point of the game when Brown got subbed when he was probably playing better than anyone else, I agreed with the majority who aired their displeasure towards Saunders. But, what do we know about football?

Once Cotterill's strike hit the back of the net we started doing the basics better and what the hell, Barndoor Billy pops up with a centre forwards header from a lovely cross from Martin Woods !

I heard a while ago that Mr Clingan was waiting in the wings, and that will give us more options. One of which could be moving M Woods further out left where he's more comfortable on his one foot.

Not very often you reflect on a game shaking your head and smiling at the same time !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012