Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 09:18:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rolling,Rolling,Rolling,Keep those Spurr's a Rolling,RRRROOOVVVEEERRRSS(Rawhide)  (Read 3150 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
It's very hard not to get excited after these three games,i saw us getting six points before we started the run of games,but nine points are a fantastic return from three hard games,especially against Notts County,my tips to win the league.
Does anybody agree with a point i've been making all season now,that with the addition of a player or two,we are not far off being one of the better teams in this league?,Sammy Clingan and Andy Griffin are just the type of players we need at the right time,and more importantly for nothing,i thought we were solid as usual away from home,but today we were ruthless and never looked in danger of letting them back into it.
So were does it leave us,with us only being four points behind Tranmere,with a game in hand,have we got a chance of winning the title?,for me no,but i think with the extra signings,for me we might just push into the play-offs,the good thing today is as well as us winning,results went for us,with me listening on radio,was the Kyle Bennett chance as bad a miss as they described,he sounded a lot livelier today,it's really encouraging how the options on the bench are strengthening,the pressure to keep the shirt is getting harder,good that's what we need,we've seen before momentum can get you promoted,every player that's been signed is a valuable squad member,with the exception of Robbie Blake,who hasn't got match fitness,could we just have a manager here that knows what he's doing?,i think so,very impressed with how he's done upto now,i've got chains round me at the minute so i can't get too excited and start mentioning that P- Word too soon!! :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
As far as the Kyle Bennett miss goes. I think it is fair to say you will have to watch a lot of football this season to see a worse miss than that one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
As far as the Kyle Bennett miss goes. I think it is fair to say you will have to watch a lot of football this season to see a worse miss than that one.
The header back did have a lot of pace on it but then to miss from there with a virtually open goal.. Christ alive Kyle.

normal rules

• Forum Member
Bennett has been a bit of a disappointment this season after all the hype of pre season.

Jr Bentley is looking safe to remain in Cheshire.

He just seems to be lacking that final piece where he lays off the killer ball, or like today has the confidence to have a crack. He had a golden chance in the first half to give their keeper something to think about but once again he overplayed it and lost possession.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Quite simply he lacks both maturity and a killer instinct then ?  :unsure:

Wellred

• Forum Member
I think the most frustrating thing with the lad is we can all see he has got the ability but for some reason always seems to take the wrong option.
Maybe he takes what the manager says too literally when he tells him to run at players??

BobG

• VSC Member
It is frustrating - but happily, I'm old enough to remember Peter Kitchen when he started. he was plain dreadful. Bloody awful. No one could see why he was even on the pitch. Missed chance after chance after chance after chance. A totally useless player. And look how he turned out a year or two later! So perhaps we should all sit back and bide our time a bit?

Cheers

BobG

philsky

• Forum Member

BobG,dont get me off on one.

Anfield 1974 (?)  Kitch and Big Bren killed 'em; how we didnt win that at the death - still haunts me. That and Arsenal at BV.

I'll take then two games with me !!

BobG

• VSC Member
I was at Anfield Phil. A day I shall never, ever forget. Even that wonderful kit we had on!

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
I was at Anfield Phil. A day I shall never, ever forget. Even that wonderful kit we had on!

BobG

I was at both games too, how the Bijndippers got away with that one I'll never know.!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012