Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:06:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our new CEO?  (Read 3395 times)

RichC82

Our new CEO?
« on October 29, 2012, 08:21:56 pm by RichC82 »
What are people's opinions on Gav Baldwin?  I've only heard good things about him (I admit mainly from seeing posts on this site).  But was speaking to someone at the Club at the match last Monday who says he's really committed to turning the club (and stadium) around and that he's first one in and last one out on a day to day basis.

What have others heard?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Our new CEO?
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2012, 08:25:32 pm by RedJ »
Far, far better than Morris. Brilliant work to take the club forward, and if we had him when we went up, well who knows where we'd be now..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2012, 08:27:39 pm by mushRTID »
Seems to have gone quiet last few weeks so assume its as he's so busy.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on October 29, 2012, 09:06:35 pm by GM-MarkB »
Was in a meeting with him today at 4.30pm...then he had to dash of to another one at 5pm....seems like a workaholic to me, in the best sense of the word.

As far as I can tell, he's a top bloke

RichC82

« Reply #4 on October 29, 2012, 09:25:24 pm by RichC82 »
I heard the same thing last week, he's in at 7 in a morning every day and leaves last thing at night, apparently he's really changed the culture of the place during the past few months according to what Ive heard

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2012, 10:10:01 pm by Red wizard »
Top bloke. Knows his stuff and will always stop and talk to you if you approach him. I skint my self getting my season ticket. My car broke down a week later. I had used the club scout scheme. I saw him at one of the Friendlys and explained what had happened and asked when I would get the hundred pound. 2 days later I got the cheque in the post. We are lucky to have him imo and it won't be long before he moves on to a bigger job.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2012, 11:35:45 pm by Mr1Croft »
When I've met him he really is a credit to the football club. From the perspective of the VSC he is perfect because he doesn't have a background in football so he is much more accepting to ideas than other CEO's might not be. He will try anything if he thinks it can be successful. Any question we (the VSC) have asked he has always been open and transparent and that can only be a good thing. Having a good relationship with him is key as he is the head of operations at the club and is probably the only guy there who can start the ball rolling.

I must also mention credit to Sean Lockwood, he really is (alongside Gavin) pushing the boat out as much as he can and does so much work in the background for the future of DRFC, he really is an unsung hero and a lot of what has been achieved behind the scenes in the last few months is down to him.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2012, 11:52:19 pm by eastender »
I've seen Gavin many times this season either inside or outside the stadium on match days ..... I never seen Dave Morris once on match days #@r$el#cker

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 30, 2012, 12:51:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I certainly get the feeling that cogs are turning at the club since Gavin arrived.

Now, I've nothing against Dave Morris, but from what I could gather he wasn't your shining executive star, by a long way. Given JR's business experience, how on earth did he not utter the words "Dave, you're fired!" many years earlier? And is it true that JR has invested in building a low cost steam car that looks like a train, that the public can use on the highways?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2012, 12:56:38 pm by Muttley »
Given JR's business experience, how on earth did he not utter the words "Dave, you're fired!" many years earlier?

I think you may have answered your own question there.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2012, 03:37:44 pm by The Red Baron »
I've seen Gavin many times this season either inside or outside the stadium on match days ..... I never seen Dave Morris once on match days #@r$el#cker

I used to see Dave Morris quite regularly outside the stadium on matchdays. Still doesn't mean I rated him as a CEO though.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2012, 01:01:47 pm by Muttley »
Gavin Baldwin was appointed as a Director of Patienceform Limited yesterday.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2012, 07:32:05 pm by Jenny »
Interesting.

For those of you who don't know, Patienceform Limited trades as Doncaster Rovers FC....

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2012, 09:46:26 pm by Mr1Croft »
Well as CEO he automatically becomes a Director, it surprises me that the registration has taken so long.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 31, 2012, 09:51:50 pm by Muttley »
Well as CEO he automatically becomes a Director, it surprises me that the registration has taken so long.

How do you work that out?

Directors have to be appointed by the shareholders. Giving someone a fancy title doesn't automatically make somebody a director.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 31, 2012, 10:10:04 pm by Mr1Croft »
Well I'm sure the CEO is appointed by the shareholders as well. As CEO he is effectively Managing Director and Chief of Operations. Therefore one of his most important roles is to advise the Board of Directors as an inside director.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule, not always do CEO's sit on the Board, but it is fairly uncommon for businesses such as football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012