Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:21:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Smoking area  (Read 13624 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Smoking area
« Reply #30 on November 29, 2012, 05:46:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
We shouldn't be spending a single penny to make the lives of smokers any easier. At the ABSOLUTE maximum they should be given a chit to go out and stand in an open area well removed from the doors - on the expectation it is going to rain and they will get wet. Filthy, disgusting, primitive habit. Should be banned anywhere outside the home.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 29, 2012, 05:48:57 pm by uptonson »
And with a view like that I suppose you have no bad habits, don't like women and can't stand the fact that Rovers are 2nd in the league and a lot of supporters smoke.  Get a grip on your one man stand against a working class enjoyment.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 29, 2012, 05:54:50 pm by MachoMadness »
Even if we got a smoking area, I can guarantee the toilets would still be full of smoke because a lot of them wouldn't be arsed to trek an extra few yards out of the stadium. I don't smoke myself but don't really care who does as long as I don't have to breathe it in, so a smoking area is a no-brainer on paper, however it does need to be enforced and regulated properly.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 29, 2012, 05:55:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Folk can do what they like as long as it doesn't impact on other folk. Filthy, stinking, cancer causing smoke polluting the air for all and sundry to breathe in fails this test.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 29, 2012, 06:01:21 pm by uptonson »
Folk can do what they like as long as it doesn't impact on other folk. Filthy, stinking, cancer causing smoke polluting the air for all and sundry to breathe in fails this test.
So how many people who don't smoke get cancer.  Stop blaming a man's plessure for all the ill's of society.  We live in a society were we are supposed to have freedom of choice.  If somebody wants to smoke you don't have to stand near them.  If you fart I have to smell your shit, whats the problem with that.  No very nice but its live.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 29, 2012, 06:07:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's keep it to a sensible debate.

Not proud of it but I am a smoker. I do not want the club to spend any money to accommodate it.

I detest those who flount the rules and smoke in the bogs. However, as at most away ground we are afforded the courtesy of being allowed out of an open door at half time, stubbing our fag out in a bin, I feel the club could accommodate this without too much hassle.

The smoking shelter seems a little over the top however, there is already a shelter outside the East Stand that KM staff use, yet smoking is tolerated outside the bars and turnstiles on match days before the game starts.

I was most disappointed when the fag bin was removed from on the wall outside the bar, as inevitably fag ends accumulate on the floor.

I will gladly empty bins that are placed outside the exits after each game if it comes to it.

I know many of you don't have a good opinion of the afflicted like me, but I'm confident will stop those feeling the need to have a fag in the bogs.   

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 29, 2012, 06:34:16 pm by dknward2 »
People caught in the bogs smoking should be fined by the police as it is illegal, making an outside area is not difficult but it's the cost that becomes the problem so the people who want to go out should pay for it a £1 pass for the season would be more than enough I'm sure

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 29, 2012, 06:40:12 pm by RedJ »
People caught in the bogs smoking should be fined by the police as it is illegal, making an outside area is not difficult but it's the cost that becomes the problem so the people who want to go out should pay for it a £1 pass for the season would be more than enough I'm sure
why would it cost to chuck up some rope and cones and have the bloke who stands on the door supervise?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 29, 2012, 06:50:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
why would it cost to chuck up some rope and cones and have the bloke who stands on the door supervise?

On the West stand, a Steward stands at the top of the stairs anyway.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 29, 2012, 06:53:44 pm by RedJ »
In the South there's always one in the corner by the doors too, at least in the SW corner entrance to the concourse.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 29, 2012, 07:15:36 pm by dknward2 »
It would cost a wage for another steward to cover an area not now covered

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 29, 2012, 10:55:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What the hell do you think we are going to do?

1. Escape and not come back for the second half?
2. Usher a few mates in free of charge for the second half?
3. Set fire to the stadium?

It's attitudes like some that got us all behind fences and drinking out of plastic glasses.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 30, 2012, 12:06:12 am by Filo »
So how many people who don't smoke get cancer.  Stop blaming a man's plessure for all the ill's of society.  We live in a society were we are supposed to have freedom of choice.  If somebody wants to smoke you don't have to stand near them.  If you fart I have to smell your shit, whats the problem with that.  No very nice but its live.

Roy Castle got Cancer and died through breathing in other peoples smoke, as a non smoker I do not wish to be exposed to selfish acts of a lot of smokers, I f you wish to damage your own lungs fine, just don`t damage mine in the process!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 30, 2012, 08:18:16 am by Mr1Croft »
Who would end up sweeping up all the "fag ends" that would end up thrown on the floor in this smoking area? really nice to come out of whichever gate they use and have to wade through a pile of "fag ends" :thumbdown:

Why not ask how we would deal with beer bottles or pint glasses taken outside? Because the answer is pretty much the same; we deal with it by providing rubbish bins in the area (with ash trays on top).

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 30, 2012, 08:39:19 am by SkellowRover »
And with a view like that I suppose you have no bad habits, don't like women and can't stand the fact that Rovers are 2nd in the league and a lot of supporters smoke.  Get a grip on your one man stand against a working class enjoyment.

Are you taking the p*ss? Smoking stopped being a 'working class enjoyment' as you call it donkeys years ago as the price rocketed. Yes most working class people can afford £6-7 per person a day to sustain a disgusting habbit lol. Quitting 10 years ago was the best thing i did and has saved me thousands.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 30, 2012, 09:02:04 am by uptonson »
Here we go another ex smoker who just wants to have a go at them that do.  Don't start again you might enjoy the piss take all your mates will give you.  As it has been said it is a working mans enjoyment.   :saywhat:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 30, 2012, 09:16:01 am by Sprotyrover »
Here we go another ex smoker who just wants to have a go at them that do.  Don't start again you might enjoy the piss take all your mates will give you.  As it has been said it is a working mans enjoyment.   :saywhat:
Sorry Pal, but smoking in Public is anti social,why should People who dont smoke have to breathe in the remains of smoke which has been in your lungs,it also makes folks clothes smell,and I don.t see what smoking has to do with being a pleasure for the 'Working Class' historically it was the 'Working Class' 'monkeying' what they saw at the cinema, propaganda from the Tobacco companies!!!

If you cant leave the dammed things alone for a few hours its surely an indication that you need to be seeking out some help for what is clearly an addiction.!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:19:03 am by Sprotyrover »

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 30, 2012, 09:55:01 am by uptonson »
Sorry Pal, but smoking in Public is anti social,why should People who dont smoke have to breathe in the remains of smoke which has been in your lungs,it also makes folks clothes smell,and I don.t see what smoking has to do with being a pleasure for the 'Working Class' historically it was the 'Working Class' 'monkeying' what they saw at the cinema, propaganda from the Tobacco companies!!!

If you cant leave the dammed things alone for a few hours its surely an indication that you need to be seeking out some help for what is clearly an addiction.!!!
Here we go another do gooder.  You need the help for using big words and talking about addition.  So people like a smoke, people like to drink, people like to smoke and have a drink but you probably voted to stop smoking in pubs, so they are all shutting down.  If all the smokers who attend football matches decided not to go how long would professional football last, not long.  You can smoke at Rugby League grounds (not Keepmoat, its a football ground), cricket matches and non league.  Aren't they work places.  Its a joke and people like you just want to surpress the people who you don't like for what they enjoy.  Grow up and let us older supporters have a bit of plessure now we can't have the other things in life.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 30, 2012, 09:59:40 am by Mr1Croft »
I think we need to calm down a little here before this debate escalates into something which most of the forum probably don't want to read.

Again: Its not about the ethics of smoking; its about choice.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 30, 2012, 10:04:32 am by Sprotyrover »
Sorry Upton I havent got a problem with you doing something you enjoy, but I dont agree with you doing it where it annoys me and most other folks.

Oh and by the way I did smoke but gave up after the father in law died of Lung cancer!!!

and I'm glad that I dont have to tolerate the likes of you blowing Cig smoke all over me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 30, 2012, 10:05:37 am by Filo »

Here we go another do gooder.  You need the help for using big words and talking about addition.  So people like a smoke, people like to drink, people like to smoke and have a drink but you probably voted to stop smoking in pubs, so they are all shutting down.  If all the smokers who attend football matches decided not to go how long would professional football last, not long.  You can smoke at Rugby League grounds (not Keepmoat, its a football ground), cricket matches and non league.  Aren't they work places.  Its a joke and people like you just want to surpress the people who you don't like for what they enjoy.  Grow up and let us older supporters have a bit of plessure now we can't have the other things in life.

You`re missing the point, no one objects to your choice of damaging your own lungs, what people (me included) are saying is we non smokers should not be subject to breathing in your smoke, you as a smoker have that choice, we as non smokers don`t if you decide to light up around us, you see it all the time at pubs and clubs, the smokers congregating outside the doors of the building having a fag and if a non smoker wants to go inside the building they have to walk through a wall of smoke. It`s much the same at the KM, if I want a piss at half time I have to go to a smoke filled toilet and breathe in your smoke, I have no choice if I want a piss. In this country smokers are a minority why should the majority suffer for the actions of the minority?

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 30, 2012, 12:31:43 pm by uptonson »
I must be the only one who doesn't see or smell smoke at half time in toilets.  If we can have a smoking area outside, can somebody tell me which toilet is the smoking area so I can join in and all you non smokers can use another one, there are usually two in every area. :thumbsup: 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 30, 2012, 01:15:58 pm by Filo »
I must be the only one who doesn't see or smell smoke at half time in toilets.  If we can have a smoking area outside, can somebody tell me which toilet is the smoking area so I can join in and all you non smokers can use another one, there are usually two in every area. :thumbsup: 

It`s a fact that regular smokers can`t smell the foul odours they leave, much the same as cannabis users can`t smell their lingering odours as well, believe me, I`m a taxi driver and regularly pick up folk that absolutely stink of weed and when I tell them they swear blind they`ve not been smoking it or any where near anyone that has, smoking tobacco is the exact same, no one cares if you smoke or not, just don`t expose the rest of us to your disgusting habit!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 30, 2012, 03:30:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It is true the smokers can never tell, they're just so used to it, I often don't think smokers realise how much of a smell they have of it on them.

I don't know many smokers who object to having to smoke in areas away from non smokers, it's common sense really.  Let them have their smoking area but keep them away from me please.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 30, 2012, 07:33:54 pm by donnyproletarian »
Why dont we have fat pods as well so the tubbies can munch on there pies without upsetting my diet from the nauseous smells.Were will the health fascists stop.Ginger podsBy the way, i have an e cig but am not allowed to smoke in the ground so would need a seperate pod to stop me being a victim of passive smoking.Discuss

With that kind of attitude you are probably the one who has just stopped smoking, started eating too much and now you don't like anybody who has a guilty pleasure and probably don't like Rovers winning !!!

Actually i have stopped smoking thanks to the introduction of e fags.Tried all the other stuff but did not work for me.But hate the way medics blame smoking on all our problems or say we are too fat.Its just a cop out so they dont have to pay out to folk who have paid there stamps.Ime not saying smokings good for anyone but there are other risk factors other than lifestyle choices which determine when we are likely to snuff it.Like family history, occupation ,class etc.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 30, 2012, 08:54:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If somebody wants to smoke you don't have to stand near them.

You blow smoke in my face, I cough phlegm in yours. Fair exchange is no robbery.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 01, 2012, 03:12:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ah hem. This seems to be developing in to a debate between ex smokers and smokers.

The thing that's being missed here is that we smokers do not wish to impose our filthy habit on anyone, we would just like the opportunity to step outside the stadium at half time to indulge our habit.

Whether smoker or non smoker, would you prefer to have the CHOICE  of stepping outside at half time, rather than being captive within the bounds of the stadium?

All we are asking for is choice. Most other venues, sporting or otherwise, afford their customers the choice. Why do we deny that choice and as a consequence impose unwanted 'passive smoking' on others?

Do you normal non-smokers give a toss about where we smokers disappear to at away grounds that permit smoking? Of course you don't. So why not afford us the same courtesy at home. 

(By the way, you may be amazed how many non-smokers take the opportunity to go outside at half time, just to stretch their legs and get away from the crush of the concourses!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 01, 2012, 09:40:37 am by Filo »
What amazes me is, you get smokers that`ll fly half way round to world to go on holiday on flights that last a lot longer than a football match and they happily go without a fag, when the numerous pits were open around the area, miners used to go down the pit for a full shift without having a fag, but yet we have a situation where suddenly they can`t last a couple of hours in a football stadium without breaking the law. I think you`re correct DBR that it would be nice for the smokers to have a choice to use a designated smoking area outside the stadium, however, if that choice is afforded then the repercussions for smoking within the stadium must be harsh, they can`t have it both ways, and you`ll get some selfish people that just won`t go the extra few yards to have a fag when they know they been getting away with smoking in the toilets for years.

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 01, 2012, 10:10:40 am by dodge123 »
dont let smokers outside in a designated area for a quick fag please!! it will let all the cold air in for the rest of us, why should the non smokers suffer and be cold for the sake a few disgusting smokers! , jesus ive heard some ridiculous responses on here and im surprised no one has mentioned that, im a smoker who would appreciate an option of going outside for a quick puff to get my nicotine fix, its outside and im inflicting no harm on any of my fellow rovers supporters, unless you count the fact that i will not smell nice if your unfortunate to sit next to me. I  seriously cant see a problem with opening an exit door for us smokers to have a crafty fag at half time, theres plenty of stewards about to monitor this and i agree if folk still ignore the designated areas then i hope serious punishment for them awaits, but come on guys were talking a fire exit door open for 15 mins for us to have a cigarette, its not about how long we can go without one on a plane or train as ive seen mentioned, its about us having a choice to go for one at half time if we do or dont, ..ps and dont you just love how this thread started out and how all the anti smokers jump on the wagon giving there view when basically it wont have any affect on them, we all know the consequences of smoking and were not in a public place doing harm to anyone.  Anyway im off for a ciggy now... :byebye:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 01, 2012, 10:16:30 am by Sprotyrover »
What amazes me is, you get smokers that`ll fly half way round to world to go on holiday on flights that last a lot longer than a football match and they happily go without a fag, when the numerous pits were open around the area, miners used to go down the pit for a full shift without having a fag, but yet we have a situation where suddenly they can`t last a couple of hours in a football stadium without breaking the law. I think you`re correct DBR that it would be nice for the smokers to have a choice to use a designated smoking area outside the stadium, however, if that choice is afforded then the repercussions for smoking within the stadium must be harsh, they can`t have it both ways, and you`ll get some selfish people that just won`t go the extra few yards to have a fag when they know they been getting away with smoking in the toilets for years.

Miners used to take chewing Baccy down Pit, I remember the shop opposite Armthorpe Pit Gates (Markham main) had loads of varieties, Cumbrian twist, Pig tail twist to name a few.!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012