Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Smoking area  (Read 13625 times)

uptonson

• Forum Member
Smoking area
« on November 28, 2012, 09:53:33 pm by uptonson »
Why can't there be a smoking area at half time.  There does not seem to be a problem at most away grounds, open an exit door, put up a few crowd control barriers and an area is available.  No more anti smokers complaining that somebody has been smoking in toilet.
Everybody happy. :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Smoking area
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2012, 10:04:41 pm by normal rules »
saw this at colchester and notts county this season - smokers seemed happy enough with the arrangements.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2012, 10:05:33 pm by Filo »
Why can't there be a smoking area at half time.  There does not seem to be a problem at most away grounds, open an exit door, put up a few crowd control barriers and an area is available.  No more anti smokers complaining that somebody has been smoking in toilet.
Everybody happy. :rtid:

I agree, but just to clarify, I`m not anti smoking, you can damage your lungs all you like for all I care, just don`t subject me to your carcinogenic exhalations, and it is against the law to smoke within the confines of the Stadium 

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2012, 10:21:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
How do people cope on planes, trains etc?  I've never understood how people can't go 2 hours without a smoke or drink, but that's just me. 

Back to the point if people want it why not?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2012, 10:24:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The VSC are on the case. It's an issue that's already been raised although I'm not in a position to give you an update. 

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2012, 10:26:49 pm by NathanDRFC »
Gavin Baldwin mentioned this at the VSC AGM, Rovers are looking at this as it came up in the  In Rovers We Trust questionnaire responses.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2012, 11:50:54 pm by RoversAlias »
This has been touched upon during In Rovers We Trust, someone will have to remember to bring it up at the next opportunity.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2012, 05:47:40 am by besty »
I got myself my ecig,perfect for the game,pubs, flights etc.

Some tosser steward said he was gonna throw me out though?

Anyhow I still take it and it does the job,you should try them they are healthier and save you loads of money!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2012, 07:00:08 am by Chris Black come back »
Yep, let them out at half time for a fag. Then shut the gate and don't let them back in. f**king disgusting habit.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2012, 08:25:42 am by MrFrost »
Yep, let them out at half time for a fag. Then shut the gate and don't let them back in. f***ing disgusting habit.

I forgot we live in a democracy.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2012, 09:08:01 am by Donnywolf »
Posted by me in August .... Thread Food concessions .... where this subject was done to death

As usual there is merit in opening a door to let smokers out BUT it must be twinned with no tolerance of smokers in the Loos at HT

However I personally would not like to tangle with those who smoke in there and the Stewards look young and of the same opinion as I am

Why not try role reversal and have the younger element checking ID in the Beer Bars and those "bigger chaps" entering the Bogs and removing the offenders.

This smoking in public stadia workplaces trains etc is against the law (but so is parking on Yellow Lines and / or holding a Mobile Phone when driving etc etc) but all these things need to be enforced AND have consequences.

So in workplaces there are designated zones for smokers and I would advocate opening a door and policing to ensure its use 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2012, 09:21:18 am by Filo »
Yep, let them out at half time for a fag. Then shut the gate and don't let them back in. f***ing disgusting habit.

Aye that democracy entitles non smokers to breath in air uncontaminated by cigarette smoke, in a public space, something that you can`t do in the bogs due to selfish smokers ignoring the laws of the democracy

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2012, 09:25:42 am by jonnydog »
I got myself my ecig,perfect for the game,pubs, flights etc.

Some tosser steward said he was gonna throw me out though?

Anyhow I still take it and it does the job,you should try them they are healthier and save you loads of money!

Agree with this. I got myself one 5 weeks ago and haven't wanted a fag since.

Get one purchased, the wasted money spent on cigarettes really does prove unbelievable in the first month.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2012, 09:42:31 am by MrFrost »

Aye that democracy entitles non smokers to breath in air uncontaminated by cigarette smoke, in a public space, something that you can`t do in the bogs due to selfish smokers ignoring the laws of the democracy

I was referring to the not letting them back in if they go outside to have a fag.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2012, 09:59:50 am by silent majority »
This is an 'In Rovers We Trust' initiative.

So an update. I discussed this with the club very recently. The club were looking at purchasing shelters so that people going outside at half time had somewhere to go rather than just hanging around outside the doors.

Personally a reasonable roped off area I would think would suffice. That was my recommendation

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2012, 10:39:49 am by hoolahoop »
I can't see why the club would need to spend 'much needed' money on shelters. I smoke (not in the toilets mind) and being outside in a roped off area would be enough surely.
Sadly I don't think it will be that easy to get rid of the 'toilet smokers' though.  :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2012, 10:45:31 am by Filo »
I can't see why the club would need to spend 'much needed' money on shelters. I smoke (not in the toilets mind) and being outside in a roped off area would be enough surely.
Sadly I don't think it will be that easy to get rid of the 'toilet smokers' though.  :(

Cheap smoke alarms in every trap would be a start, I`m sure a smoker would fancy being highlighted having a crafty fag by a loud alarm

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2012, 11:22:52 am by hoolahoop »

Cheap smoke alarms in every trap would be a start, I`m sure a smoker would fancy being highlighted having a crafty fag by a loud alarm

That's a cost effective idea but I'm sure the scrotes who enjoy this sort of behaviour would soon disarm them Filo. Btw have they caught the phantom 'trap destroyer' yet ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2012, 12:27:22 pm by Donnywolf »
No "trap destroyer" found yet

No "Crap deployer" found yet either

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2012, 12:47:26 pm by retford rover »
the supporters club had a meeting with Gavin and Shaun on Saturday  and this was brought up,  suggested the bearrier type and they were again quiet reseptive
so watch this space .

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 29, 2012, 01:18:27 pm by donnyproletarian »
Why dont we have fat pods as well so the tubbies can munch on there pies without upsetting my diet from the nauseous smells.Were will the health fascists stop.Ginger podsBy the way, i have an e cig but am not allowed to smoke in the ground so would need a seperate pod to stop me being a victim of passive smoking.Discuss

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 29, 2012, 01:34:05 pm by redbrez »
think its a good idea, i can generally go the full game without thinking about a cig , but occasionally when we are getting battered or playing shocking,many a time i have fancied a cig at half time. hope they implement it soon.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 29, 2012, 02:58:55 pm by uptonson »
Why dont we have fat pods as well so the tubbies can munch on there pies without upsetting my diet from the nauseous smells.Were will the health fascists stop.Ginger podsBy the way, i have an e cig but am not allowed to smoke in the ground so would need a seperate pod to stop me being a victim of passive smoking.Discuss

With that kind of attitude you are probably the one who has just stopped smoking, started eating too much and now you don't like anybody who has a guilty pleasure and probably don't like Rovers winning !!!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 29, 2012, 03:03:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Presumably you don't suffer from a lifelong health condition that affects your breathing and understandably wants to avoid smoking areas?  Fortunately my friends are understanding and keep the smoke away from me.  I don't see the point in smoking as I've said, but everyone should have a choice, hence why there should be the opportunity for the smokers and the opportunity for the non smokers to not have to bother being near smokey toilets etc, win-win surely?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 29, 2012, 03:43:21 pm by Mr1Croft »
Again it isn't about whether people should smoke or not, its about choice.

Personally if the club introduced a seasonal "pass" that you could buy for say £5 for the season, and only those with these "pass"s could go outside at half time for a smoke in an appropriate area, I would buy one; smokers like me get what they want and the club makes a few quid out of it...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 29, 2012, 03:58:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Personally if the club introduced a seasonal "pass" that you could buy for say £5 for the season, and only those with these "pass"s could go outside at half time for a smoke in an appropriate area, I would buy one; smokers like me get what they want and the club makes a few quid out of it...

The fivers could help pay for a shelter..?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 29, 2012, 04:01:10 pm by hoolahoop »

Good idea only that won't stop the toilet smokers ; they would simply moan about paying a £5 in the same way they moan about paying an extra 2/30p for a pint at the game and then .............smoke in the toilet.
Btw I'm not for one minute making the suggestion that the 'phantom trap destroyer/crap deployer' is a smoker. It would be difficult tpo grab a quick fag whilst going through their particular systematic regime.  :lol:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 29, 2012, 04:07:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

That's a cost effective idea but I'm sure the scrotes who enjoy this sort of behaviour would soon disarm them Filo.

Fit them on the ceiling and make them trip a sprinkler.  ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 29, 2012, 05:35:09 pm by ravenrover »
Who would end up sweeping up all the "fag ends" that would end up thrown on the floor in this smoking area? really nice to come out of whichever gate they use and have to wade through a pile of "fag ends" :thumbdown:

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 29, 2012, 05:40:54 pm by uptonson »
Who would end up sweeping up all the "fag ends" that would end up thrown on the floor in this smoking area? really nice to come out of whichever gate they use and have to wade through a pile of "fag ends" :thumbdown:
So you are the one who flies in over the fag ends that are on the floor before the match from the smokers grabbing their last fag before the match.  Get a grip some people smoke, smoke don't, some don't worry about it, some do.  Lets have a choice and see what happens !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012