Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:10:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Banned fan  (Read 2894 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: Banned fan
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2012, 04:06:16 pm by Rovin Reporter »
A FAN ? I think not

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2012, 04:09:38 pm by The L J Monk »
What I found odd about this is the fella in question announced on Twitter that he was going to the game, even though he is banned.

Since he got chucked out, he's searching for the person who "grassed him up".

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2012, 04:12:07 pm by mushRTID »
What I found odd about this is the fella in question announced on Twitter that he was going to the game, even though he is banned.

Assuming this was the lad who was at the back of the south east corner when stewards went up to evict him.......................

........................what i found strange was why if your banned would you be standing up? Id be trying to blend in.

Anyway, why do the free press keep bringing up the human excrement story?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2012, 04:15:46 pm by silent majority »
It must be a really slow news day at the FP if this warranted an article!!

And why connect it with the Leyton Orient story??

Desperate journalism methinks!

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2012, 04:22:14 pm by 1879Rovers »
I am getting fed up with the Free Press painting us in a bad light this season and any excuse to say something bad about our supporters, they seem to be taking the opportunity to mention the things that have happened previously this season as well whenever something else happens.

Like SM says, did this really warrant an article in the paper online. They must be aware this goes on the NewsNow pages and is free for everyone to see.

Don't they FP people read this site? - If they do, pack it in. I don't want others having the opportunity to have a go. All this bad press will do, is make opposition clubs aware and away days will start to become less enjoyable with over the top steward and policing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2012, 04:26:30 pm by Filo »
Wait until regulation is imposed on the recommendation of Leveson

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2012, 04:31:08 pm by VivaRovers »
"The supporter, subject to a football banning order, was reported to stewards after being spotted wearing a hat to alter his appearance"

It wasn't this guy again was it?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2012, 04:38:51 pm by Rios »
He seemed pretty innocuous when he was taken out.  Casually walked down with the stewards, Police kept their distance.  It seems like such a trivial matter for it to be in a newspaper (even one as mickey mouse as the DFP).

How does a banned fan buy a ticket and our CCTV must be pretty poor if it takes someone grassing him up for him to be removed?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2012, 04:43:15 pm by MachoMadness »
Must be a very, very slow news day. They'll be reporting what I'm having for tea next.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2012, 04:53:46 pm by silent majority »
The point is, and one I make time and time again to all media, is that 99.9% of supporters behave impeccably, yet they always focus on the one or two who don't. No wonder we have such a tough time convincing the authorities that we should be treated as normal members of society.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2012, 04:56:24 pm by Filo »

Does n`t sound like a very bright lad to me, and if he was only banned until January, why did he put it all at risk for the sake of 1 month?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2012, 10:58:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
"Fans behave well" just doesn't have the same news value....

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2012, 11:09:03 pm by King Barnes »
Indeed the Free Press reporters do look at this forum.
Like all newspapers, it tries to report fairly and accurately events that happen - and that can include the bad events concerning the Rovers - many of which the club itself or police are keen to publicise.
There's no bigger supporter of the Rovers than the Free Press (3-4 pages each week and unrivalled website coverage are a measure of that).
Sometimes items that don't portray the club or supporters in a good light have to be reported.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2012, 11:33:45 pm by silent majority »
Indeed the Free Press reporters do look at this forum.
Like all newspapers, it tries to report fairly and accurately events that happen - and that can include the bad events concerning the Rovers - many of which the club itself or police are keen to publicise.
There's no bigger supporter of the Rovers than the Free Press (3-4 pages each week and unrivalled website coverage are a measure of that).
Sometimes items that don't portray the club or supporters in a good light have to be reported.

They may have to be reported, they just don't have to be brought up at every occasion, and I can't for the life of me justify the story we are currently talking about.

As I said at the time, and responded to the tweets the FP made about the Hartlepool incident, that it was a small storm in a tea cup and not the major incident the FP made it out to be. It was such a big incident that the Police have dropped the charges.

I don't doubt the FP's support for the football issues at DRFC, but the negative reporting of fan issues over and over is testament to the inbuilt prejudice of the media on fan issues. Simple as!

A question for you though, how much of the good work that the VSC have been doing in the local community has made its way into your pages?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:36:37 pm by silent majority »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 30, 2012, 09:52:33 am by MrFrost »
So all charges have been dropped. Interesting. No official football banning orders will be handed out yet the club still make the bans regardless of no one being found guilty of anything.....

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 30, 2012, 12:29:04 pm by King Barnes »
The sports section are really the ones to talk to about exactly how much VSC coverage they've given, but I know the article below was given a big spread in the paper at the time.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/happy-birthday-to-the-vsc-1-3469059

TinyPortal © 2005-2012